Your favorites places in Europe....

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Lanstar Zero, May 17, 2004.

1. Donna

Donna ***BABUSKA***

Zagreb (Croatia) or Dubrovnik (Croatia 2)

2. MalPisces

MalPisces Member

People are not coming to Poland cause they want to keep their cars - Poland once promoted itself with the slogen "Come to Poland - your car is already here"

That is true - this was a major problem before, especially pertaining to Germans...however now Germans are coming to Poland in great numbers owing about 30% of land by the sea and the German border (from what I hear). Lets face it Eastern Europe can be challenging, but POland is far far better then...lets say...Russia or any of the old USSR contrie.

3. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Been there, nothing SO exciting, just beautiful, I wouldn't say it's the nicest place on earth, though.

:)

Love,
    Borut

4. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

I think it is still a problem there with the cars. The company my father works for has some factorys in Poland, and they have German security gards at the parkings cause the Polish securities mostly make deals with the mafia who steals the cars
    :D I think 30% are far too much, but Poland is of course attractive to Germans: Easy to reach, nice landscape (sea) and very cheap in comparison to what you pay here - in the town I live, the square meter of land on which you can build your house costs at least 1200€ :eek:

5. MountainGirlVT

MountainGirlVT Member

my brother lives in Garmisch. i spent time with him there. it is very expensive, though. some cool bars, though, and this one awesome bakery, Hobi's. best damn pasteries i've EVER had! :)

6. LoveSunnyDay

LoveSunnyDay Member

The most beautiful and amazing place in the world....IS in Spain I mean in Catalonia in Costa Brava......where you just have to find little city...and enjoy your holiday, I was there in about ten little nice cities and I loved them all!!! :)

7. LoveSunnyDay

LoveSunnyDay Member

Hmmmmmm
    I live in Lithuania in old, past USSR country......And I believe,.... no I KNOW that my country isn't worst than Polland.........By the way I am telling that, cause I were in POlland twice and so I have my opinion about it ;)

8. marywasaperv

marywasaperv Member

Prague, Kielce (Poland), Ios & Amorgos (you gotta love the greek isles..)

9. marywasaperv

marywasaperv Member

Although that has changed now with the Olympics coming up. Everything's clean and in order.

10. MalPisces

MalPisces Member

Ok, I won't argue which country is better because your opinion seems to be based on personal issues and sentiments, but Lithuania has a long way to go......! C'mon, you cannot seriously state it is better than Poland !?
    I've been to Lithuania over 10 times and Latvia, and Russia and many many other places around you so I know what I am talking about also.

I'm not saying Poland is the best place in Europe but a little objective opinion is in order.

Also, may I ask exactly where in Poland you visited? Did you visti Cracow, Warsaw, Zakopane, or Leba??? A lot depends where you were.

11. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Yeah the whole west cost is lovely, I'd particularly recommend Clifden in Galway.

12. LoveSunnyDay

LoveSunnyDay Member

I am not telling that Lithuania is very nice place to visit..If I would go somewhere I wouldn't choose LIthuania..., but I see here many tourists from other countries and they like it.....My favourite place is Spain....I was where and I love it....
    ABout Polland I were Warsaw....And it wasn't that nice as I expected....I preffer Vilnius....It's only my opnion...And it isn't because I live there...

13. AXIS

AXIS DWEERDOE

If you want to see a beautifull country, you can come to Montenegro. I'll atach some pictures next time. Mounatains, sea...This aren't very good pics but this is all i have right now. Colorado canyon may be a litlle bigger, but river Tara is the biggest in europe, and most beautifull in the world.

14. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

I loved Cesky Crumlov!

15. Lanstar Zero

Lanstar Zero Member

Hey,

Thanks for the input. I actually ended up working instead and never went on the trip. I have a great job as an engineer at a recording studio, which led to me prolonging the trip. Instead, I will be leaving October 12th and going for about a month.

I still haven't planned the trip! LoL

I will be keeping it somewhat spontaneous. I DO know I will be flying into Amsterdam (I can get cheap tickets there) and I want to go to Ireland and Scotland. From there, not sure yet :p.

What would your recommendations be for the most SCENIC places in Europe - relating to the landscape and vibe...?

16. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

West coast in Ireland! :) Also, the Land's End. And again I must say, that Barcelona really is wonderful. Beautiful parks, beautiful people, beautiful vibes... beautiful everything. :)

17. Heaven

Heaven Senior Member

[​IMG]Venice, Barcelona.

[​IMG]

18. didge

didge Member

grafton street dublin, on a sat night- or sunday mornin. COUNTY MAYO!! and- cuitadella in menorca:)

19. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

No way, drunk larger louts everywhere, I much prefer it during the day on a saturday when you get all the musicians, mime artists etc etc all out busking and there's a real buzz about the place.

20. Megara

Megara Banned

zermatt, the best place in western europe.