Your favorites places in Europe....

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Lanstar Zero, May 17, 2004.

1. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

I just LOVE Rome. It's a wonderful place

2. lorelai_g87

lorelai_g87 Senior Member

I love Eastern Europe...Czech Rep., Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Yugoslavia etc. I never been there, but I read and get info on them and I really like them

3. lorelai_g87

Yeah Rome is beautiful. We Italians have an awesome capital!

4. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Ehm, I don't think any of these countries are Eastern Europe really. Czech Rep. and Slovenia (also Hungary, maybe? I don't really know.) are both Central Europe officially, and Croatia and Yugoslavia are South-Eastern Europe...
    Eastern Europe are countries like Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Romania and the like.

Where do you live anyway? Because Italy is not far away from Slovenia, at least not for me(I live very close to the border line).

Love,
    Borut

5. lorelai_g87

I live in Milan, north of Italy. Where d'you live in Slovenia?

6. borut16

Oho, so we live quite close to each other? I live in Cerkno(i know you've never heard about that town:D) which is like 40 kms airline away from Italy/Slovenia borderline.

You know Gorizia? I heard that they're putting these two cities(Slovenian: Nova Gorica and italian Gorizia) together now.

Love,
    Borut

7. lorelai_g87

I admit it, I know almost nothing about Cerkno. I now remember the picture that you had posted in the old forum, nice place.

Oh I didn't know about the Gorizia thing. That's so cool! :) :) :)

Have you ever been in Italy? I'd love to visit Slovenia. I think it's really nice

8. borut16

Yea, I've been to Gorizia many many times, shopping used to be way cheaper there, but now it's about the same in both countries.

I've been to Italy, like not just Gorizia anyway. I've been to Friuli(spelling?), Cividale - we had our play on that festival called 'Dei Ragazzi Per I Ragazzi' two years ago. Ever heard about that festival? People there were so nice.

I've also been to Venice once, it's quite nice, but to me personally it wasn't as special as everybody says. :)
    I've also been to Toscana(spelling?). I've been to San Marino, Florence and Piza. I never was to Rome, that's yet to be seen, hehe. I've been to Lago di Garda three or four times, and I'm going there again on Friday with school, coz of that theme park, you know? :)
    Yea, Italy is a nice country, everybody seems to be so fashionable, hehe!

Love,
    Borut

9. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

I love Athens with all its chaos.

10. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

Edinburgh definitely deserves a visit, and if you need a break from amsterdam madness but still want to get stoned in public Ultrecht is a great place in holland to chill.

11. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I went to Europe three years ago, and my favorite place during my two weeks in Europe (I went to France, Spain, and Italy) was Montpellier. It has a beatiful calmness about it, which we needed considering we came from Barcelona, and that place is a freak palace at night.

I'm planning to go to England in September, and I hope I'll have an awesome time :)

12. littleskinny

littleskinny Member

I wanna go to Slovenia!!

You should see Edinburgh, London, Cambridge and just about anywhere in Ireland, in the UK. I love Cologne too, Rome is sheer madness but I love it anyways, Venice blows me away, Munich is good, Denmark is so clean it's worth going just to experience that, and Madeira smells good.

13. Spuff

Spuff Where's my ciggies?

So far, my favourite European place is Zante (Greek island). It's the most beautiful place I've ever been to. It's very laid back and relaxed and the people are lovely. :)

14. MountainGirlVT

MountainGirlVT Member

i just spent a short time in europe and i've got to say i fell in love with Cesky Krumlov in the czech republic. it was so beautiful, so wonderful to just quietly wander the streets at night. ever since i left, i've been dreaming of going back.

15. MalPisces

MalPisces Member

Cracow in Poland is by far the best place on earth! Not many people venture to Poland (yet) - but I am sure after entry into EU, that will change.

16. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

People are not coming to Poland cause they want to keep their cars - Poland once promoted itself with the slogen "Come to Poland - your car is already here" :X

(Just kidding, Poland is surely a very nice country ;))

17. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Hmmm, well most recently I visited Amsterdam which was great for obvious reasons.

Other places I've truly enjoyed are Interlaken and this small town called Garmish something or other in southern Germany at the foot of Mt Zugspitz - that would be the one place I would pick above all others to return to.

18. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

It's Garmisch-Partenkirchen near the Zugspitze :). Yes, really nice. But a lot of rich people -> expensive

19. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Well, I guess its typically par for the course that places like that have really rich people. If you are ever in the states, the town of Stowe, Vermont is very similar to Garmish - I lived there for a number of years and it just got too expensive as well.

20. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

If I were you, in 2 months, I'd limit myself to major capital cities. Then, I would concentrate more on the countries that you liked, based on thier capitals on your next trip.

I would suggest: Madrid, Paris, Budapest, Prague, Rome, Viena, Athens, Berlin, and if you can read Tallin and Moscow, then there too. It will give you a wide variety of what Europe has to offer.