Your favorites places in Europe....

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Lanstar Zero, May 17, 2004.

1. Lanstar Zero

Lanstar Zero Member

Hey,

How goes in the Europe forum?

I will be buying a 2 month Eurail pass in a couple weeks so I can travel throughout Europe. I will be travelling in June and July.

I was wondering if all of you you could suggest some places to go, and tell me what your favorite place in Europe is?

I will try to get through most countries, but these are the definites:
    Scotland/Ireland, Spain, Italy, Austria, Germany, Norway (and other northern countries) ... are their any countries I'm leaving out that I shouldn't?

Thanks!

2. migle

migle Senior Member

Yeah, La France, and if you can go Easter, I mean, if you can reach Czech Republic, and Slovenia, and Hungary, etc

3. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

I think the Cote d'Azur in France is a very nice playe, also the Elbsandsteingebirge in Sachsen (Saxonia? Don't know the name in English ;)) in Germany is very impressive. Of course you have to see the alps too! If you want some more interesting places in Germany, just PM or ICQ me or ask me here ;)

4. Eric

Eric Member

Lisboa, Paris, Vienna & Prague for the cities.

5. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Member

Venice too, quite amazing...

6. UFO

UFO Banned

The Netherlands
    Amsterdam is a must regardless

7. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Prague is very nice I'd say. :) And I think that Paris, whole UK and Ireland and Sweden are very nice too, as from what i've read.
    Hope I helped,
    Borut
    P.S.: Migle, have you ever been to Slovenia? I just wonder how it looks to somebody who didn't live here for whole their life! So what do you think about it? Just wondering.

8. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Barcelona is a wonderful city. So are Rome and Venice. And Budapest.

9. migle

migle Senior Member

I've not been to any of those places I put in the post, I've just been to France, but I still have to go where I put, I know I'm in love with all those just from what I've read too, and watched on TV documents, and friends who went and told me. But if I live enough time I have to go.

10. Anjee

Anjee Member

Barcelona is one of my fave places to be. London and Paris touched my heart. I enjoyed Tallinn, capital of Estonia. And you definetly have to visit some places in Germany, Hamburg is a wonderful city, also Karlsruhe, where I was born. ;) enjoy your trip!!

11. rain_in_summer

rain_in_summer Member

If you go to Italy, make sure you see Sienna (don't know the English name...)! Such a wonderful place!!

12. flopoupou

flopoupou Member

:) Paris is a such great town ! London is also cool. If you want to go to a town of the South of Europe, go to Lisboa it is a pretty nice town.
    Venizia is amazing.
    I don't like very much Luxembourg (there are only bancks).
    Have a great travelling

13. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

barcelona is very beautiful, i agree...and hamburg is a great place aswell. if you're going to the south of france may i suggest visiting Millau...its a tiny little village, inland, by a beautiful river and the scenery is spectacular. the mountains and the valleys, the river and even caves! massive caves...it rocks...will be down there myself in mid july...

its so beautiful!!

happy travelling, love luchi xxx

14. Lanstar Zero

Lanstar Zero Member

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

I talked to a friend, and she said i'm being too ambitious and that 2 months isn't enough for what I want to do (she said I would be on trains too often to enjoy it fully). She recommended either 1) going for a longer period of time or 2) limit myself to certain countries (therefore be less spontaneous, I assume)...

What are your thoughts on this?

15. Eric

Eric Member

She's right! Go longer & concentrate on countries or themes.

16. Lanstar Zero

Lanstar Zero Member

Yeah, I geuss I'll have to make myself plan a little more...

17. Lanstar Zero

Lanstar Zero Member

Oh yeah, and I have been to Amsterdam but not any other place in the Netherlands - where would you recommend going in the netherlands besides the 'Dam?

18. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

ehe.....u lot are totrally crazy!! south of france during summer is madness!!!!to much tourists!!!u'd rather go during fall.

Irland definatly. can't miss that place!

Italian cities like Naple and Venise are gorgeous, and germany is also great to visit, and northen countries are also very interesting!

Hope it helps!

kissouille
    `moony

19. Graham

Graham Member

switzerland is nice and the english countryside in summer is amazing.

20. Anjee

Anjee Member

Ireland is a great place, I agree. Especially the area around Killarney. :)