Your Favorite News Feed

Discussion in 'The Media' started by skip, Nov 11, 2017.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

What is your favorite streaming or cable or network news?

I still watch CNN, but it's always focused on US politics, unless there's some big crisis.

I find France24 to have the best news feed these days. Even better anyone can get it, and it's free and in English, French, Arabic and Spanish. They cover world news, with a bit of emphasis on France of course, but also a lot of US news too.

I used to watch RT News, but noticed how they skewed their reports towards Trump while continously attacking Hillary during the election (cause Putin don't like her). Now everyone knows what they and other Russian news media outlets and hackers were up to during the election.

I like CBSN (especially Vlad), however they knock my stream off as soon as a commercial starts.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Fox news

fair and balanced

3. I like Sky news because if I am pushed for time and can't watch the whole bulletin, I can read the ticker tape thing that runs along the bottom and get an overview of what's happening. I'm a bit old school though and read the Guardian online newspaper every evening.
    When I lived on Continental Europe I could access CNN and it was my "go to" . Now I just have regular tele and a much more limited choice.
    I am one of those people though can not function if I don't know what is happening in the world.

4. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I like Weaselzippers because they don't even try to hide their ridiculous hard right stance. I like Slate because they don't even try to hide their hard left stance. Both Fox and CNN are run by sneaky bastards who talk from both sides of their flapping gums, so I like them both for entertainment value. Then there's the Daily Mail who seem to be all over the map, but skillfully avoid any controversy regarding the middle east while routinely thumbing noses at the Americans and yet, they often carry stories from the US that the American press won't even touch.

And of course I read the AJC, but only because it's the only game in town. Their gig is rabble rousing and stirring the racial pot on issues where it barely has any impact. I read about 20 others, so I can't really call any of them a favorite since I have to read all of them to even get near the "truth". But maybe I'll claim on The Onion with a side of The People's Cube and some Grabien when I'm tired of reading.

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

CNN, MSNBC, the Bill Press Show from time to time. Steven Colbert always has something everyone else misses.
    Bill Maher when I get free trials of HBO.
    Google News, BBC online, NPR online, Washington Post, New York Times, etc.....online. I check a variety of online sites.

6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

8. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

You must be desperate, or totally bored :) But it is hilarious...

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

hipforums.

i'm only half joking.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I usuallly just read the AP or Reuters for news. I think that's as close to non biased as you can get, and they don't use childish looking web design, large font, short sentences, paragraphs, and overall articles like Fox and CNN. You can just tell they think their audience is stupid (Fox and CNN, that is. People hate Fox and CNN because they think they're too biased, I just think they're too dumbed down)

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

much of my news comes right out of links brought into the stoners lounge chat thread every day....we have correspondents on several continents watching for interesting items never involving politics or religion

we intersperse with comedy and poignant humanity type shit and make fun of people who frequent random thoughts

.....anyone is free to drop by there and become one of our stoner lounge news hounds :)..........

if you are easily offended or have stupid offensive views we will straighten you out :)

peace

Orison likes this.
  12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't really have a favorite. When I see something--regardless of the source--I feel the need to cross reference it from 2-3 other news sites to verify authenticity. So I don't have the luxury of A favorite news source.

13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, AP has been judged to be among the least biased news sources.