Your Death

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by SpacemanSpiff, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

I wouldn't want to know. Maybe if at all, I'd like to know the general time, like "between 2009-2011 type thing, not like sometime in march.

Even still, I think I'd go crazy knowing.

2. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

If it was an option, I'd like to know. Not that it would make that much of a difference, but it might spur me onto finishing some things that I otherwise would put on the long finger.

3. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I would like to know. I'm not in the habit of sparing myself the facts of life (or death).

4. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Depends on the circumstances... how much time, quality, etc.. A good point has been made about tying up loose ends and such... as far as living the remaining time to the max- if I'm bedridden about all I'll be busy doing is dying... not sure knowing would do me any good... suspecting strongly on my own leaves a tiny corner of hope and might allow me to experience some degree of happiness in my final days and weeks.

Knowing of ones impending death suggests that one already is living at a reduced capacity.

5. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

i'd want to know.

6. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

7. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

I vote no, i wouldnt want to know.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

im already Dead... da da da da da.. (I ate Jerry rocks) :eek:

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Loose ends is why I would want to have advanced warning...my friends mother was able to clear up some family issues much easier without being held back by false hopes of recovery.Everybody had a fair chance to say their peace.

10. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

:D

ignorance = fear.

don't worry guys, that will be the day the teeming masses grow a pair.

11. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

i don`t know actually. i don`t know how i will react if somebody tells me i have a week to live. i guess at first i`ll be in a great panic and then i wll realize i don`t give a shit coz its a lost cause anyway. so ill probably smoke and drink and fuck everything that moves, ill try to rob some kind of huge corporation and go to die in a coffee shop in Amsterdam.

but i think i will like to know so i could try to do the things i have always wanted to do before i go. i think the knowledge of this will make me all that i`ve never been and give me the courage to do do everything, even if its just for a week.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

13. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

You do make an excellent point.

Death is an inevitable end to life and it is going to happen to each one of us eventually. Perhaps in a sense knowing might offer me a chance to go out with some grace and show to people that death isn't anything to be afraid of.

I didn't answer the poll because I'm not sure what my answer is.