Your death day

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by unfocusedanakin, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Wandering off in a superb and deserted wilderness + nice weather. I get it. You fade out in (and perhaps kind of in tune with) beautiful nature, just surrendering to it in the end.

I think in some native american tribes this was a custom for old folks. Not desert perhaps, but wandering off into nature with the sole intention to not come back.
    Of course I'm now also reminded of the 'suicide forest' in Japan... far less appealing somehow.

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Thiiiings... Can only get beeetter...!

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When I diiiie!
    Lay me in a mound
    Raise a stone for all to see
    Rune stone to my memory!

4. Asmodean

What we will realize shortly after:

The dead hate the living :grinning: ;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Irminsul likes this.
  5. One guy had an NDE and he said he traveled to a place of little blue creatures and felt at though he had returned home. What if Earth is like a zoo that "souls" from different dimensions come to visit from the inside by inhabiting human bodies? I wonder where I'll return to...

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  6. Asmodean

Good concept for a book!

7. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Interesting. Both about the native american tribes and suicide forest. Suicide forest seems like an interesting travel destination. I have often thought about exploring such places. Like staying in hotels known to be haunted or visiting war zone countries alone. To see what is really going on. Not sure if i'll ever go through with it. If i make it back i might end up traumatized, horrified from the experience.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I used to watch Brian Cox on that short-lived TV series Wonders of the Universe on BBC It was pretty good.

guerillabedlam likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The first words he speaks before the music, I was like omg this will be atrociously bad. But then the music kicked in. \m/

10. Asmodean

I love that performance so much! Best frontwoman in a black metal band as well. She really gets it :)

11. Asmodean

Or disappointed because nothing special happened ;) :D

12. Same :flushed:

But then I think of the people who are actually stuck in war zone countries and can't leave, and then I'm over it.

13. Asmodean

Which war zone countries are you primarily thinking of, TD and Piaf?

I would love travel all around the Sahara, including countries like Sudan, Chad, Mali, etc. They're not the highest on my list partly because its so risky. I probably go with Morocco, Tunisia and/or Egypt first

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh it was a female vocalist?

[​IMG]

15. Syria and Iraq.
    Other parts of the Middle East too.

İnşallah one day.

16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Did anyone read about Joss Stone playing a gig in Syria as part of a plan to play every country in the world?

..Do people know who Joss Stone is?

17. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I would be relieved if i didn't witness or encounter anything horrific. My fears would be getting kidnapped and tortured. Especially being an American in certain countries. If i don't encounter any ghost, that would be great too. Part of exploring is seeing for yourself what's true.

Democratic Republic of Congo, Central Africa Republic, South Sudan, and Somalia.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Pretty much the same reasons I won't visit many sites in certain countries that I really want to, especially just with my partner. No thanks. If I had 10 brutes with me too... Maybe.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I would like to go to all the countries you guys have listed, but not while they're at war

The Democratic Republic of the Congo would be incredible though, I read a book that took place there once and i've wanted to go ever since, just to see the natural beauty. I would like to float down a river in the Congo

20. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Was it called Congo, featuring a sign language fluent ape named Amy?

Irminsul likes this.