Your connection with the Creator

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Cosmic Butterfly, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

I am curious of what others on here feel about God

2. r33f3r_m4dn3ss

r33f3r_m4dn3ss Member

well what god are we speaking of? the demi-urge who is yahweh, allah, etc or the undefinable god?

3. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Other :)

None of those fit any of my definitions, think that's true of a lot of people too.
    Nice try though.

4. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

So what is your definition, if you can explain it?

Yes it is a nice try, because I am truly interested and I respect everyone's beliefs. [​IMG]

5. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I went with the "supreme consciousness in everything" option, though that's not really my view perfectly. It's not "in" everything, it "is" everything. God is the universe, and the universe is god...spirit and matter are one in the same, 2 sides of one coin.

And hey, can't you downsize that picture at all? It's really big...

6. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

I know for this poll I could had like 20 plus options, but I tried to keep simple and generalized.

I tried! :) Let me see if I can fool with it some more.

7. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

...other

something indescribable, beyond the power of our words to do it justice, that is totally subjective and different for each one of us.

8. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

"God" is...Dog

9. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

ever realize that "god" os "good" but with am "O" taken out, and "devil" is "evil" with a "D"... :p

I read that in a Paul McCartney interview in a Readers Digest at the hospital today when i was sitting around for 5 hours :rolleyes:

10. r33f3r_m4dn3ss

r33f3r_m4dn3ss Member

put those together and you get OD! or DO

or

Do OD!

Go OD and see if you find god, i bet $100 you will.

Actually in all seriousness, god is exactly what we all think it is, nothing. But, nothing is everything. Then of course we have the Christian-Judean God, who is in fact the demiurge, according to gnostic and sumerian beleifs. Lesser gods in control of our physical existence, yet too ignorant to accept they themselves were created of a higher being. This is my God, the higher unknowing God, undefinable with human words. The spirit that dwells inside all of us, for we are all one, and one is all. I am not religious, I do not follow any beleifs except my own, fused with the knowledge i retain. I just hate when people base their beleifs on something someone else thought of. God is what YOU think it is, not what someone tells you. That does not mean you should wage wars in God's name, or kill in the name of God, to me that seems like an oxymoron, something lots of religions have done for a long time. Which basically falls into the category of my gnostic beleifs and the common name of "god" actually refers to the demiurge (aka Annunaki in sumerian or Elohim in hebrew).

God cannot be expressed through language. We try to pour words over God, but they are merely shed like droplets of water on the back of a duck.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well none of those choices were mine. to wit:

a nontangable self awaire force existing outside of time and space about which no one knows anything other then a reasonable surmise that it intends us no harm.

(it seems also extremely improbable that ANY concept of gender would be pertinent)

=^^=
    .../\...