Your Chattin' Heart

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by rollingalong, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

uncooked rice is a no-no for any birds.....i cook it first

i boil it...i don't love soy anything......that's part of the dilemma....

Orison likes this.
  2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

cigarette butts kill chickens too ...or so ive heard

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i always thought the song said Manny...

rollingalong likes this.
  4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Snowed in today. Warm and cozy.

rollingalong likes this.
  5. morrow

morrow Visitor

In not big on rice.. but any rice makes a good pudding, long, short etc.. that's my input..

Pan add 4oz rice, pint of milk , cream sweetner, boil, add more milk if you need it, but simmer, you get a nice creamy milk pudding :)

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

rice fits into the cabbage/beans/spaghetti/ramen food group i made up

i call it the poor people food group

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I LOVE rice pudding. Especially doused in cinnamon.

morrow likes this.
  8. morrow

morrow Visitor

Your all needed in chat to help the couple in there..lol, go on.. I dare you!

9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Oh my word! I really like rice. lol And I bet you're not surprised are you, Rolling?

My FAVORITE is yellow saffron rice by Mahatma. I love to sautee onions, green, red, and yellow peppers and load that on top of the rice. I use it as a side for about anything but breakfast.

Regular white rice is best with butter or gravy. (I don't hate soy but I'm not a big fan of it either.)

rollingalong likes this.
  10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i think i will attempt the rice pudding...i was in the hospital after y crash for just short of 1 year......it was rice pudding,jello or a brownie for desert.....i have never tried rice pudding...the hospital stuff did not look yummy lol.....i still cannot stomach jello to this day and my crash was 24 years ago in april

thanks lynn...all my rice is white because they give you a buch with every food pantry order....make the poor people eat rice :)...that's all they deserve....that and past dated cans of beans

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i like raisins in rice pudding

12. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

ok i am guessing hob is a Europe thing?...wtf is a hob?

h
    ow to prepare rice pudding on the hob?
    yes but chickens don't just swallow stuff randomly...they spit stuff out that isn't food...often will wipe their beak back and forth on the ground to rid the object from their beak or to wipe of something that isn't food.....i get upset if people hoark around them

Lynnbrown likes this.
  13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Its unfair. Almost every other person on here gets more winter fun as me. A lot don't even appreciate it!

14. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I like sticky white rice.
    More than
    Loose slippery white rice.

More stays on the fork with the sticky rice.
    Like eating a rice ball. I've always believed in a optimum Full Fork For Fussy Foods.

15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

Christ another thing you can use to eat rice which i also wont eat....don't love raisins....specially in baked goods....yuck.... :)

16. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Raisns or cranberries are a must to add in my hot oats

17. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

mich hetburg said it best about rice....rice is great if you want 2000 of something :)

Orison likes this.
  18. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

roflmao ^^^

:D :D :D

2000 of something :D

WE NEED MORE/NEW SMILIES OR EMOTICONS OR WHATEVER THE HELL YOU CALL THEM.

rollingalong likes this.
  19. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Fanny !

20. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

Fannie Farmer helped standardize measurements in cooking.
    Fannie Farmer - Wikipedia
    i have a copy of her cookbook. it is one of those ones i reference first. Joy of cooking, woman's home companion, taste of home, fannie farmer.

as for rice.... the type matters. we have plenty of long grain white rice, but i rarely cook it. for regular eating we usually use basmati or jasmine rice. i like basmati, it doesnt get as clumpy, but its not as good if you are aiming for something like pudding, since the grains stay separate.

i decide my meals with a starch, protein, and vegetable(s). so in my head, rice is the same as bread, pasta, potatoes. some are better for certain applications, due to shape or flavor, but all starch family. i make a lot of weird food that tastes awesome.
    1 cup rice into 2 cups cold water. bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. when the water has boiled down just to the top of the rice (we are at high altitude, so i leave a little moreto compensate) turn the heat down to a low simmer and slap a lid on for 15-20 minutes to steam the rice.
    i like a mild curry over rice. ive done it mixed into soups. ive served it with a variety of gravies and sauces. we like soy sauce here, so sometimes its just a stir fry... some beef and broccoli. i like it in a "cream of soup" casserole (chicken broccoli rice, cream of mushroom soup) served some homemade cream of asparagus soup over some. its a great plain base for meals. oh, peas and rice too. and can make it with chicken broth, or any flavorful liquid to lock those flavors up in there. i usually use water because i dont always know what flavor-direction im heading in.

Lynnbrown and rollingalong like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.