Young Hippies

Discussion in 'The Future' started by jendi17, May 13, 2004.

1. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

Your totally right :) We need to be making love and not war and it's about time that we give up on these governments that lie to us everyday.

I'd definatley join the new hippie movement when it comes back :) Even if we can't find any LSD lol

2. HoodHop

HoodHop Member

i wanna

3. evsride

evsride are you irie?

We need a new age Dennis Leary to put some blotters in the water supply...Im sure it would be ten times better than that shit fluoride industrial waste biproduct they are putting in it now.

Viva la revolucion....there are so many like us yet we feel so alone, herein lies one of the ultimate human conundrums, suffering in which most feel alone in, yet we are actually feeling it as one.
    It is time for change, I am ready to work for it and do on a daily basis in as many small ways as I can. We need to organize and take to the streets, it will take a critical mass before we can achieve results but I refuse to give in to the train of thought that our parent's generation was somehow better or more inspired, or luckier than us. If anything we have even more conducive conditions for us today than they had back then. Lets be the change and bring the elites to their knees with universal love and empowerment of the meek, as well as with justice and truth.

Lots o love from the heartland

Peace

4. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Sorry evsride, I believe the person you are refering to was Dr. Timothy Leary, the LSD guru. The one that coined the phrase " Tune in, turn on and drop out ".
    For those of you who want to start your own civalization, here is some good reading.

http://www.lostbooks.org/reviews/2002-06-28-2.html

Just check out the intro on this web page. I have the whole series....Dennis

5. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

Restarting the hippie movement is an AWESOME idea :) Starting in the privacy of nature might be the best way since the goddam cops have been given so much power now.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the satyrical spelling is both appropriate and deserved, and i will continue to deliberately spell it precisely the way he earned it.

=^^=
    .../\...

7. Steve Green

Steve Green Member

Strain and Thunder! What is the wrong message here? That young people today are powerless or that we need to uproot all of society? Dunno do I I'm just an individual that agreess with kilted, i've read far too many of these kinda posts and if you want one of these revolutions then please, go have one.

8. VegOut024

VegOut024 Member

I agree I wish nothing more then to get out of my generation. I'm not doing anything like lighting myself up, but this generation is going nowhere

9. Tommy1The1Cat

Tommy1The1Cat Senior Member

we need to create another huuuuuuuge music festival with a ton of bands more than coachela and burning man combined!! but where but where!!!???!?!?

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

why?

i mean it might be fun, but why would we NEED that, or expect it to do any more good, then simply not screwing everything up, for each other?

of course i haven't been young for a long time and i'm not suggesting anyone shouldn't have fun. having fun DID help in the 60s. it helped by reminding people that what they were familiar with was not the limit of what was possible.

but i really think that is the important thing, not limiting the positive posibilities in our minds and thus not limiting ourselves to familiar negative ones.

something like that could be part of the proccess if it were free. but i think we also need to start thinking in terms, even if we continue to use money as a way OF doing things, that other positive, peaceful and nonthreatining reasons FOR doing them, can and do exist.

(like creating and exploring themselves, totally bypassing the whole bean counting, trying to impress anyone proccess, entirely)

=^^=
    .../\...

11. aqua_lung

aqua_lung Member

As long as there are hippies - the world will be a better place. We'll just have to be patient, people will learn to love eventually!

12. Wormed

Wormed Member

i have yet to meet a hippie who isn't a stoner.

13. WWKCD729

WWKCD729 Member

now that i look around, there are a lot more people my age, having the morals of hippies, a hippie really isn't a stereotype or a clicque..it's a point of view, a belief. You can't just say, hmmm...i feel like being a hippie..no..that's not how it works, but as of now, I don't see hippies because of the civilization we have come to assimilate to, but...there are more and more people, developing the morals of "hippyism", which is always good to see, our day is coming, and I can't wait until that day, where "hippyism" actually does shine, only then will we be "hippies"..until that day, for all us young hippies, we aren't hippies, we just have the morals and beliefs of a hippie...

14. sublime94

sublime94 Banned

yeah, me and some of my hippie-reminiscent friends are talking about the same thing. HELL, everyones talking about it, but not doing anything! Thats what we need to do, is something.....

15. motokop88

motokop88 Member

young hippies = yuppies

16. SpringToasty

SpringToasty Member

idealistic fools.

if anything ever happens though, im always down.

17. WVHippie

WVHippie Member

Fuck The Government, Fuck The Man, and Fuck Bill Cosby