Young Hippies

Discussion in 'The Future' started by jendi17, May 13, 2004.

1. Cosmo4

Cosmo4 Member

I think there should and could definately be a hippy movement. I think the hippies should start out by forming individual communes in different places..that are mainly self-sufficient. There would have to be farmers and everything in the permanent community, but we could try to get everyone that feels this way organized together to start a temporary commune..just to test the idea and see how it works. We'd have to do it in a rural area because our own shelters and everything would be set up..

I'm in the Atlanta area, despite what my profile says (I'd love to be in beautiful BC though, that's my other idea). I sent a PM to RainbowGrl4Jesus who lives in SC.. we could meet up because school's out for winter break.

There's a place in the Atlanta area..it's a hippy commune and there's a community of hippies living together.. one of the houses has a tin roof and makeshift rooms. It's a really cool place. They have drum circles, fires, and an emu! :) Anyways, they formed the commune, and if you want to get inspired on how to get started, we could go talk to them. They would probably be more than willing to help us out and help us find a place. I think it's a great idea and if we could get some supporters we could definately make this work..

Let's start a revolution!:)
    Remember John Lennon's words in Imagine:
    "Imagine all the people, sharing all the world
    You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    and the world will live as one"

2. Eruna

Eruna Member

im looking to join a hippie group...i really need like-minded friends...well friends in general...i prefer to remain alone if all i have to live with is ignorance and hate.

-Laura

3. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

Can we make this a traveling commune?

4. Celine

Celine Member

our world needs a revolution. like back in the old days. I agree, we young hippies must take action and change the world. It looks like sex is too taboo again, people around me seem to have trouble to even dress in a full ladies room! Homosexuality isn't fully accepted and the rulers are still the same. and also the environment isn't important to a lot of people. we need a change. revolution!

5. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

i didnt read the whole post, but in my opinion the best way to instigate (R)Evolution is to start within. the most powerful thing one can do to heal their community is to heal themselfs. become a messenger of light and spread it outward.

6. Crush

Crush Member

I'v just got this PM and there are quite some updates, so I'd like to reply again.

I think it's better to get into it, instead of out. I know I've said that a commune kinda thing would be cool and it still is, but to change things you can't run away with a commune sitting in a forest. Unless it is like, enviremental_junkie said a travelling commune, but one in which you travel trough the country and give people a message with a puppet show or drama for example.

Originally I had a 1 page story written here, but I pressed "back" so I lost all :eek: Anyhow, I think a positive attitude in general will do the thing. Like, send positive body language to other people and they'll sent it back, it will make you happy and the other person too. Example: It was the first day after the xmass hollidays and I had to go to class quite early for this 3 hour lecture. So basically I was very closed up, busy with myself, hadn't said 5 sentences between 7 and 11, so I didn't feel too well. After class I went to the local artshop to get some supplies. When I entered I send positive body language to the lady at the counter, said hi and got my supplies. When I paid and left, I did the same, made a little talk and said goodbuy. She replied my messages with a very positive attitude too and when I got out of the store I felt pretty damn good! These were of course normal positive vibes and no flirting kinda thing, or maybe they were, but the point it the same :)

I also discovered that no matter what you do, you influence people, directly or indirectly, conscious or unconscious. By typing this I'll influence you and you might start thinking about it and reply. I've also influenced the lady at the counter, just by talking to her. If I walk around with the worst attitude ever, I'll influence my surrounding. Just by looking at someone and give a smile, I can influence that person and make him feel better al of a sudden. Knowing that, you can change things without a revolution kinda thing. If you talk to people on say a station, you might see them more often becuase they're there everyday too and you might make them feel better because now they know they can talk to people. It's kinda hard, but if everybody reads this and does it, it will change. I saw that Celine for exampe is from the same country as me, if she's on the same platform as me, talking and sending positive vibes, the platform might become quite a happy place with everyone talking :) I know it sounds kinda idealistic, but if lots of people change attitude, without looking weird in other peoples eyes, it can work. I do think it's kinda hard, talking to strange people (what am I gonna say?!) but it's gotta start somewhere and by doing it you've broken a personal barrier as well, but still it's tough.

7. Celine

Celine Member

I agree with this :) If everybody will do this, and let people know how they feel and what their opinions are it really works! The revolution always starts inside. Most opinions are based on influences from outside. If we give people that kind of influences they might think the same way and our groups get bigger and bigger. :D

8. ruinedshadow

ruinedshadow Member

okay everyone has been saying they want someone to make a move so here it is. it may take me awhile but I'm starting a forum just for this purpose. a way for us all to get together and coordinate our efforts. anyone who is actually serious about doing this can come and we'll talk we can arrange to meet in chat rooms and what not. we have this technology and I say instead of shunning it we embrace its capabilities. use this system to deconstruct greed and corruption stage simultaneous protests or at least get together and brainstorm in realtime and find a starting point. I've been waiting for this chance my whole life and I really want to do this we need to all work together not just separate into little scattered groups. we want a revolution and that takes planning tactics and more than anything we need to stop talking and actually do something I have alot of ideas and I really want to hear what everyone else has come up with. If we work together we can accomplish more than the hippie movement lets not emulate the past lets go farther. get all your friends get older hippies get anyone who will listen and just get the word out we CAN do something but it will take all of us together. if youre serious than get back to me on yahoo or aim or just PM me on the forum I Really want to start this

9. LaughinEyes024

LaughinEyes024 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i spend everyday of my life attempting to start a revolution

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

We need a leader

11. ruinedshadow

ruinedshadow Member

no we don't need a leader, we don't need to follow anyone else, that is what we've all been saying we're tired of following someone else ideas, we need to work together I'll soon be starting a website for this purpose and I urge everyone to get in on this together we can do alot but if we all just sit around waiting for a leader then nothing is ever going to happen. But if that's what it's going to take then fine. I'll lead. SOMEONE has to start this and if no one else is going to do it without a leader then I am willing to do whatever it takes. I would rather it be a cooperative thing but no one else seems into that idea

12. violet_fairy_vixen

violet_fairy_vixen Member

Yeah I agree with this statement. why need a leader? Why not just actually have the guts to lead yourself? Why not just actually start a place where you can all just be together, who actually is going to go through with this, and not just be full of a bunch of words. I am all for this development. But, in all truth if only one person is actually going to have the balls to say I'll lead what's the point? Although, I'd help lead this plan into action with anyone such as ruined who is actually going to take a stand and not just whine, and complain about what an awful world it is. I want to see something actually done about it. If anyone actually wants to do something besides sit there and not just say they want to do something for it find me on aim or yahoo. Don't just say you want to do something, actually DO something!

13. LaughinEyes024

hell yeah man *you must be the change you wish to see in the world*. the gandhi said it best. don't just speak of revolutions. make everyday of your life a part of that revolution. thats what i do. you actually need to rise up.
    listen to the great bob marley:
    "GET UP STAND UP STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS
    GET UP STAND UP DONT GIVE UP THE FIGHT"
    put your words into action and you will make a difference

14. violet_fairy_vixen

So tell me mister great speaker of Bob Marley what do you plan on doing about it? I haven't really heard anyone besides ruined say that we should comply our efforts together on either a forum, or a website. Are you in or what? Because, we're totally in with the idea. Ruined is my fiance, and I know it might sound a little biased coming from me, but to be honest he has a really good idea. He and I both are right, people need to stop sitting there saying how much they hate having their lives run, while saying they want to start a movement, and then only asking for someone else to run it for them. My question is, how is that any different from the way their life is going now? Right now, they have someone leading them, maybe not the right type of leader. Because, it is a corrupt justice of government that we live in today. But, still someone whether it be authority figure, parent, etc is right now in fact telling them what to do. And from what I read, they weren't okay with having their life run. So why not change it? Why not become a part of this website or forum once it gets started? Why not help start it?

15. LaughinEyes024

that's miss by the way. i was agreeing with you but adding on. i misunderstood what you had said at first but really i think we should start something. i have no idea about how to go about that on here. i was just trying to say that im all for that idea. websites and whatnot aren't my thing because im so horrible with technology. i definately want to be a part of this all. we all need to get together and make this work. im up for it. and im sorry, but i didn't mean to offend you which it seems that i did. definately hit me up on aim and let me know whats up with this.

lets do this shit man!

16. ruinedshadow

ruinedshadow Member

hey I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off offensive. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was directing that at you either. I'm just so tired of everyone else not helping out in the slightest and always complaining. I just want for once for everything to change. I think it's really cool that you want in on it. My aim name's agonysreflection on aim talk to me any time ;p

17. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

Before you go trying to change the world, You have to change your own world.

18. ruinedshadow

ruinedshadow Member

First off that last message wasn't me, my fiance and I are having problems with our computer and it keeps switching who's logged in on us, anyway the site is up now it isn't finished. as I will need imput from everyone involved, but it's there. the address is http://www.moderndeconstruction.bravehost.com if anyone is gonna do more than talk then this is the place to do it. I think I've proven that I'm willing to do so. now who's with me?

19. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

" The world that we have made as a result of the level of thinking we have done thus far creates problems that we can not solve at the same level as the level we created them at" Einstein said that meaning that the problems we now face in the world were created at a level of thinking. If we continue to try to solve those problems at the same level of thinking that we created them at we are just going to be walking circles. In order to solve these problems we need to adopt a new level or new perspective of seeing it all.
    or as Ram Dass says work on yourself....work on your consciousness find that perspective in yourself

20. violet_fairy_vixen

Is everyone in this section going to do absolutely nothing at all? Are you all still going to just make up excuses for why you refuse to do anything to fix at least one problem for yourself? Maybe it is about consciencousness of yourselves. But, why speak for others, why try and push your beliefs off on to them? We aren't doing that, You were all saying you wanted a leader. Well now you have one, but yet you are still sitting on your gluteus maximuses doing absolutely nothing. So what are you just another bunch of deadbeats who do nothing but keep avoiding your problems and keep your issues in denial? Go to the site ruined posted, actually be a part of it and participate if you meant anything you said about wanting something to happen and be done about it,