Young Hippies

Discussion in 'The Future' started by jendi17, May 13, 2004.

1. heartsnotfarts

heartsnotfarts Member

it would be sweet as hell if it happened again but nowadays too many people are into rap and hip/hop... they watch the videos then live on a false dream of violence and brutality, at the same time being harsh to hippies or even those who are for peace like me. but idk... i learned in history that the prgressive era was in the 1890's-1910's. the hippie era was from like 1955-1975?? so if thats a trend, then the next era will probably be like 2020-2040. that would be sweet, but im like addicted to the idea that theres gonna be another movement. 2020 even sounds like a cool year

2. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

The Man never 'goes along with it'...people have power if they never give up speaking out. We need musicians and artists of all kinds even more now than we did back then. Express yourself. That's the essence of it. Don't just sit down, shut up and think that it's all hopeless and too hard. We didn't have any idea of how powerful it could be. We just knew what was right and thought it would be cool to stand up and be counted. You all think that we knew that what we were doing was going to make a big difference. No. We didn't. We just did it anyway. So stop looking at the long-term outcome and just do what you have to do today. You are this generation, and thank god/dess people like YOU are. Don't let yourself be defeated before you even start. There are plenty of us elder hippies who can help and encourage you. Start it. Just do it. We need to join forces, young and old. That should do it...Peace...

3. cobcottage

cobcottage Member

4. Bare Foot Bunny Hugg

Bare Foot Bunny Hugg Member

Lets do it come on..!

5. PeaceArtist

PeaceArtist Member

It was a pretty cool time to live through.

6. mellow_hendrix

mellow_hendrix Member

wooo orange county :)

oh and in reference to your sig

wooo urethra chronicles

7. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

I think that if there is going to be a "revolution" it will come when it does. We need to work on ourselves and not others. Everything will happen when it does.

8. voodoochile

voodoochile Member

I suggest that we act together as soon as possible instead of waiting for a revolution, start one. Nature will take its course indefinitely, but a revolution can begin withone person

9. voodoochile

voodoochile Member

I suggest that we act together as soon as possible instead of waiting for a revolution, start one. Nature will take its course indefinitely, but a revolution can begin with one person's motivation and integrity.

10. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

I agree it should start now.
    I'll tell you something that is hopeful. If you know anything about astrology, and the Venus transit that happened a few months ago (Venus passed across the Sun) - anyway - some have speculated that this heralds the start of the Golden Age. The beginning of this happens between now and the Venus transit that is due to happen in 2012 (when the Mayan calendar predicts a major transition). So now is the time!
    We all need to come together. It can start in small groups. Find out who lives near you and meet once a month. Come up with an issue or an area you feel passionately about, and commit to some kind of action in the month ahead. Each one can have a role and comes back the next month with more feedback for the group. Eventually lots of little groups could get together on a regular basis and plan bigger actions/protests etc...or just support eachother in whatever way is needed. If you are too far away to meet in person, then form an action group online and meet up that way.
    Communicate with eachother and then find a way to make a big noise out there in the world. An old quote: "All it takes for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing". So it is up to us to start to do something, even if it seems like just a little thing. We plant a seed, we nurture it, and in time it grows into a strong and healthy tree. So just follow mother nature's lead.

11. cobcottage

cobcottage Member

12. littlemistymop

littlemistymop Member

this is my ultimate dream.. I dont believe that we hippies ( a small minority ) can change the world. i think there will always be war and hatred and fighting.
    the best we can do is make peace and love in a place of our own away from everyone who doesnt want it.
    we have to act on this, whoever said they tried to set up a commune but no one took them seriously, thats sad. if someone had contacted me or if I knew a single person in australia who wanted it as bad as i do, i would act right now.

where are you aussie hippies? or you overseas dudes, get over here australia is beautiful and there is so many gorgeous spots of land to set up! :)

13. RainbowGrl4Jesus

RainbowGrl4Jesus Member

One person is not going to be able to be the one that changes the entire world...but look at how many of us are on the forums. I would think that would be enough to at least start some sort of "revolution", if you will. I know that our numbers are nothing compared to the world population...but we have to start somewhere. We need to want it bad enough, be willing to sacrifice, , be strong, and take action. We need motivation, a goal, and the realization that if we all sit around being pessimistic...nothing good would ever result from our desires. Just something to think about. If you're truly interested and want to talk about some changes we could start making...pm me.

14. Free as a bird

Free as a bird Member

You know I think you guys are on to something. any ideas? I can spread it in Ireland

15. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Now thats what I'm talkin about....

16. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

But in the end, it starts and happens because people do something. Somewhere, someone does something and it gets going. It might be many people, but it's people. We should indeed be working on ourselves, I agree fully. But coming hand in hand with working on our inner selves is working on our outer selves; they're warp and woof of the same cloth. Going in means going out, it should naturally follow that a peaceful person creates peace around them.

17. BlackGuardXIII

I have some great sites to check out that have been set up by groups working on this since the 50's.
    Will post soon.

18. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Excellent, please do.

19. BlackGuardXIII

20. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

That'd be fun!