Young Hippies

Discussion in 'The Future' started by jendi17, May 13, 2004.

1. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

cheers mate... well, only time can tell... if you'll be on here for a while yet till we graduate, we may actually pull through with it. If anything, it'll be a fucking cool experience. Take a year or two off, live in nature, what's that to an 18 year old (graduated from highschool)? Everything's good man, everything will be alright. Peace unto you. :)

2. Crush

Crush Member

I think it'd be a great experience. Something you won't ever forget. Even if you live like that for like 2 years, or maybe even less, it would always stick with you. You can at least say you did some serious stuff back there in the good old times :D
    I'm planning to be on this forum for some while, having a great time here :)
    peace on you to ^_^

3. Veritas

Veritas Member

WE could pull a fight club act of terrorism, by reseting everyones bank account to zero.

4. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The leader has come. His name is Tim DeLaughter. He is here for us all. Just read his magnificent words.

Here.

He has come.

5. Veritas

Veritas Member

Its too bad most of the original leaders are dead. Theres still Dylan though.

6. loverofthewoods

loverofthewoods Member

the government isnt going to take as much shit as they did in the 60's...there is too many of them and too few who care

7. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

Well, one reason there probably wont be another hip revival for quite some time is, There isn't conscription. Therefore, people who would take an interest in fighting the war's development is greatly reduced.

It's good that there is no conscription, but the result is a lack of passion to end its injustices. Most people simply arent interested in what doesnt affect them personally.

8. Crush

Crush Member

YAY, I'm back again. Blackie, the focus thing isn't our fould, there was just this strange dude who posted stuff about his guitar. He's the one not focusing.

9. peaceisluv89

peaceisluv89 Member

I think thats a solid idea, I hear that man...We can make it happen man.

Oh, um, when u cats figure out a way, um u know let me know, but I'm down with ya !

10. Crush

Crush Member

I think it's a good idae to have a leader. Someone or some people who stand up and everybody is like:"Yeah, totally true, let's do this" I've read all the posts again and it's a pretty good idea. I've talked with some friends about this and I know some people who are planning to do kind of the same. Go out of society and have an anarchy state somewhere. It might be a good idea to have just small little villages everywhere and maybe some big cities. I think that if we'd do this and learn how to use electricity which is good for nature and use that, it'd be good for nature. Since everyone lives in small villages, there'll be enough power for everone. I suppose it'd be a good idea, it'll bring more peace and pro-nature things. But it is of course a big thing to do. It'd be best if there'd leaders staning up in different countries saying we should do this and everybobdy agrees. But this might be a little too idealistic, but it might happen, I might just do this sometime :D

11. hippygurlsmokinweed

hippygurlsmokinweed Member

if there goeing to be anther hippy revolution i want in

12. Psy Fox

Psy Fox Member

The idea has already been though of by luddites. Click the link for a idea of what it might be like (Illichville). Of course they have so far they have just talked and dreamed.

13. Beatle Kat

Beatle Kat Member

WOW,the idea is really great!I hope with all my heart that it will happen soon!:)

14. cobcottage

cobcottage Member

15. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

................thats disgusting I did not know a guy could do that with his penis.

16. cobcottage

cobcottage Member

He is joking, the guy is talking about being homeless as a child.

Here is an interesting article about young hippies-

http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/02.29.96/hippie-9609.html

People I know who spent their childhoods on communes are now forming successful intentional communities and there children (tweens and teens now) are going to be the ones to lead us into the new century. If you think about it as a tradition, rather than as "people tying to recreate the 60's" it is much easier to envision.

17. Eruna

Eruna Member

hey, i back the revolution man, i think the idea of living in the forest is a common thought, whenever i meet a human who believes in the ability to govern ones self, to worship and follow not a figure, but the path nature takes us on, and to llive it the fullest and to provide for ourselves

-Laura

18. hathor2

hathor2 Member

It is not a bad idea to build new comunes and become selfsufficient. Eat the good stuff and get in touch with your spitituality. Many old Hippies lost ther courage and turned sooo konservative. Its time to teach the joung ones there skills and knowlege about farming,building and how use dope ( if they want) safe and beneficialy. Start to love and respect each other and work together. PLEASE VOTE.If Bush stays Australia is going with US down the gurgler.:mad:
    Love and peace. Make love (kondoms) lol not war.
    Hathor2

19. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

See how they did it in the old days and what they are doing with it now:
    http://www.thefarm.org/

In Australia we have groups of young hippies living communally in the forests, being as self-sufficient as they can be. They just go into the nearest town to get the basics, stuff they can't make themselves...they go in with their dreads and bare feet...the others call them "Ferals"...I guess because they are wild.

You know it has to be about getting back into harmony with nature. You don't have to think in terms of huge numbers of people. The main thing is to make a start...5 people forming a group can become 40 or 50 and that will be a commune.

When we protested in the 60's, we just did it because we felt passionate about something. Feel passionate and do what you can. Don't wait for a revolution, be one! Be a one-person-revolution. Listen to music that inspires you. Communicate and protest. If you feel you can't do all that much, for whatever reason, support someone who is...either with your time or your money or your good vibes.

Get together in small groups and brainstorm. Plan actions and protests. You CAN change the world...one day after another...little by little. The longest journey begins with one small step; so take your step now.

Looking back the sixties look glamorous, but most of us were just trying to assert our rights and not lose ground. Our right to have long hair, our right to listen to loud music...our right to protest...our right to smoke...our right to think differently than our parents and the rest of society expected us to think...our right to be different, creative and authentic.

You don't always realise it at the time, but the resistance provided by those who oppose you can be a catalyst to inspire and energise you...adrenalinise you...keep you pushing forward.

There is nothing happening today that is fundamentally different than it was back then. Yeah, technology is here, but your enemy is still apathy, conservatism, greed, selfishness, lack of compassion, discrimination, ignorance and fear. It is what is in people's hearts and minds that you need to work on and work with. The rest of the crap is just window-dressing.

Peace

20. seda-azul8

seda-azul8 Member

yeah man..right on there BUT..Do you think that they'll go along with it..?

Its not the 60s man..but yea..right.. try tellin' me that man..
    I reek of 1965-70.
    I cant stand this generation..its so uncomfortable..for me and others like me..For Us..

I want to die and go back to the 60s..