Young hippies! Anyone! WAKE UP!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by AoXoMoXoA420, May 12, 2004.

1. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

they had nothing... they had nothing to lose.

we got too much. and loss is a natural fear.
    i don't know if i could throw away a corvette.

2. SunshineRevolution

SunshineRevolution Member

if
    i care a lot, i really do, lets get up stand up, for our rights

PEACE and LOVE

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

good advice.

wake the fuck up!

4. SunshineRevolution

SunshineRevolution Member

5. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

that's when it's even more important to live the way you want the world to be. you're passing your lifestyle choices along to your children.

be the change you want to see in the world!

6. sonik

sonik Member

RIght of course you want to set a good example but my point was more along the lines of being a slave to keep it all afloat. Leaves little time for other things. Plus the whole potential loss is a lot for most people to handle.

7. Jesus~

Jesus~ Member

I feel ya man.

8. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

sonik~you're only a slave if you believe you are. **hums a few bars of a marley tune** emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds... there are lots of options. you can choose who you work for, hell you can even work for yourself. you dont have to carry a mortgage unless you choose to. we lived mortgage free for 3 years, but gave it up because we couldnt stand our geographical location. i dont have all the answers, still trying to figure it all out myself. there are books like 'your money or your life' that can help change your perspective on what's important and help you focus on those things. i'm still trying to figure out a way of getting around paying so many damn taxes.

9. sonik

sonik Member

Well I had a good job and lost it, mostly due to the shit ass economy. Now I cant even find a decent job.

I had just bought a house too....

Anyway Im not complaining so much about myself, I was generalizing the average person.

10. jendi17

jendi17 Member

I just wanted to say that what I think we need to do is aware everyone around us about our earth's condition. Because I bet there are people in your schools that think they are the only ones who feel this way (like us) and think that they will look like losers if they speak up about something. So ....be brave....and go for it. Talk to your friends and they'll probably talk to their friends..etc, etc. Our world desperately needs us young hippies to come forth and do something about this deteriorating world. From now on I have decided that I am going to voice my opinion loud and clear and I hope the rest of you do the same.

11. Tamee

Tamee naked

right on brotha

12. SunFree

SunFree Member

It's sort of like the Civil Rights movement with SNCC in the fifties and sixties. Wait...I'm not remembering where it was...I think Birmingham Alabama? Among all the bus boycotts and sit-ins, etc., there was one incident with a big protest where all the kids came out, from elementary and middle and high schools, and ended up getting arrested and stuck in jail for days. There parents couldn't put their jobs, families, finances and security in jeopardy, but the kids had none of those responsibilities; they could wait for as long as they needed to rise some attention.

So basically...be rebellious when there's no one depending on you besides yourself and your own future, I guess.

13. Tamee

Tamee naked

yes, you young kids DO matter!

14. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Corporations, fascists, and narrow-minded conservatives run the country, and we're outnumbered twenty to one.

This world is dying culturally. We're given these shallow reality shows, no one wants to think anymore with audio books, our desensitizing into sex and violence, people killing people so easily, we're bombarded with ads. Commercials, product placement, sponsors, popups during the tv show. It never ends. Information overload and consumer overload.

Even the most cultural of things are dying. TV channels like AandE and Bravo which once had cultural programming and theatre now have shallows shows like "Queer Eye" and other vapid shows, we're dying as a culture.

Inevitably you just have to do what I've chosen to. Give up and do your own thing, let things fall where they may. Increase your intelligence and awareness while the culture dies out and conformity runs rampant.

15. sonik

sonik Member

This is true, in most cases you have to save your self before you can really help anybody else.

:(

16. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

yah... we're fucked.

but wheres the fun in that?
    you can give up if you like, i admit we're quite doomed.
    but i'll still try.

17. givepeaceachance

givepeaceachance Member

We are the ones who can change the world. If anyone read this forum they would know. It is alive with the spirit for a revolution. DO SOMETHING. I am. We're young and the future is in our hands. I am trying to get a movement off the ground. It is about political correctness. The G.P.C. movement. I've made flyers and I'm holding protests. Come on. If we want peace bad enough we can make it. It would be easier if we could all get together, but you can do it on your own too, people. If enough of us start protesting and trying to take a stand then more will start. We need a ripple, just a ripple to start a wave. So what are you going to do? My goal is not only to get the G.P.C. (give peace a chance) movement going, but also to hopefully set an example. I can tell that the time has come. Can't you all feel it? It's in the air. Little signs that people are getting interested, and anxious, and unhappy about the current situations. Let's speed up the process o.k.?

http://expage.com/gpcmovement or givepeacec@yahoo.com

18. sonik

sonik Member

It takes all side for peace to really work, and unfortunatley there is a large amount of people out there who don't and will never want peace.

However that doesnt mean we should sit idly by and let the world tear itself apart.

19. Crush

Crush Member

Dear people,

I've read this thread (started today) and with most I agrea. I started talking about it with some friends and I discoverd that this problem is really comlicated. Everything is linked to eachother. you can say:"commercials is bad" but at the same time, it gives designers and other people like desktop publishers, camera people etc. a lot of work too. You can say from one thing it is a bad thing but if you think further that same problem solves other. So what is the main that should be protested too? Where too start, how to start? Why are there so many problems? That's a thing I'm first going to think about.

As for the spirit I really believe it is there. But there is this problem that people don't really apreciate other people while everyone says that's not true. Where I live, there are a lot of people who accept everyone as just who he is, but there are a lot of people who don't. You just walk somewhere with some friends looking differant than others and a lot of people keep starring at you like:"what are you look so strange for" or the are looking in a way so you can tell your look displeases them. That's something I get really really sick of sometimes, if something should be protested to...
    So if there's a revolution thing and people stand up, then I think there will be a counter from other people who don't like what your doing with all the standing up, protesting and stuff.

I don't know if I said this right. Because it is kind of hard to really say it, there's to much involved and my mind is totally blasting with ideas and things and stuff. What is your comment on the above written?

One more thing. I read something about distance and people not being able to physically meet due some are in America and some in europe (big distances) But uhm where all right here on the internet. Maybe there is a way to start on the internet. As in the first message from the thead starter, he said stuff about ads en commercials everywhere, that goes for internet too!!! Would that be a starting point? MSN might be an idea? massive discusion with direct feedback!?

Please give some nice comments ^_^ I shall discuss this further with some friends of mine.

peace

20. kilted2000

kilted2000 Member

The world really does need to wake up and relize the problems of others.