young hippie girl SEX

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Templedragon, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Templedragon

Templedragon Peace through Spirit

This is re-posted here after two seperate sisters requested that I do so. I apologize if you have already seen this. A message to young hippie girls from an elder hippie dude...(this also is relevant to some young hippie boys too)..

My life bearing goddess sisters,

I am just a humble pilgrim stumbling through life and attempting not to generate negative karma, I am only special in the sense that all people are special. But I have had the good fortune and opportunity to have had many life experiences, and I consider myself to be becoming an elder in our hippie culture, one of many. But today not enough elders are doing their job. Not like when I was a hippie bean sprout in the 60's.

Many Rainbow gatherings, throwing huge rallies and concerts, working with volunteer organizations for years, being a father of 3 children and a grandfather (of 4 months) has exposed me to a lot of circumstances where I have witnessed things. There have been too many times that I have been pained to see a precious young hippie sister get abused, exploited, disrespected, used...and even raped. In the hippie environment, there is a lot of openness and trust. That is our strength. But the duality of reality is that strengths can be weaknesses. The predatory hunter guy knows this and exploits our openness to his own end.

I offer you my respect, my brotherly and fatherly love, and a few words - hopefully of wisdom - because you are truly sacred. You have chosen the path of the gentle, the humble, the caring, the stony...the hippie. There is nothing more beautiful nor radiant than a hippie goddess. The personification of nurturing, as a bearer of life you possess such great power. The ability to reach through a hole in the membrane of the Universe and pull a fresh spirit into this world is miraculous. Treat your body with respect, it is a life machine, and a glorious temple, one that drives your hippie brothers (and some sisters) wild with longing at times.

My counsel, and heart-song humbly offered as a gift from your brother Vivian (Templedragon):

1. Be aware and wary of creepy older dudes who come on very strong, profess their greatness as they exalt themselves, or gush relentlessly over your sexual attractiveness. There has always been, within the hippie culture (in every culture), a certain breed of men who unfortunately prey on young women, especially pretty and liberated looking ones. These guys may be very good looking themselves, they may seem so nice and trustworthy upon appearance. Don't be paranoid, or afraid of men, but be informed and careful and observant. We all know what things these kind of predators want. Hopefully it is only sex, and not violence. Either way, trust your instinct. Do not let yourself get left alone in an isolated location with a guy who has shown warning signs or red flags.

Of course, you may find him attractive and may want to do the nasty with him, perhaps you are feeling randy, or he has gotten you stoned or dunk or more. Don't get carried away and starry eyed just because of the length of some guy's gorgeous hair, or his self professed spiritual advancement (the Guru factor, or the "Teacher" who looks into your soul and praises you as he strokes your ego), or great poetry or whatnot. It will be your decision, and maybe you will actually want to party (or even sleep) with a guy much older than you. It is not immoral, as long as you are legal. But it can be creepy and shallow, superficial and demeaning if he is acting especially lecherous, disrespectful or insulting, rude and controlling. Be careful. Ultimately your actions are your decisions, so you must remember to make wise choices, and high standards when it comes to sexual activity are a good thing in today's world. If you do have sex, inspect your partner's genitals (of either sex) for signs of disease.

2. If you have sex...always use protection. There are scores of young unmarried mothers, whose children will grow up without a dad or a nuclear family. That is not always a bad thing, but you should be responsible and avoid that situation of you can. If you can't and it happens, don't be ashamed, be proud of your family and do your best to raise a sane and healthy kid. But you don't want to get pregnant b4 you are ready, or catch a disease ever. I used to sometimes see young hippie girls in dead lot, tripping, all filthy, a beer in one hand and a filthy baby slung over their hip. I wanted to say "sister, get off of tour, de-lice your hair and go take care of your baby". There is a time and place for everything. You can have children later, when you have got a power center (home), and resources to provide for your child and yourself. Welfare is a lousy way to raise a family, and feeds a stereotype we hippies have been fighting for years. And you want to avoid having to make a decision whether to bring your baby into this world at all, or not. That is a tough decision that is best avoided in the first place. And, of course, it is solely YOUR decision to make.

3. Never forget how important being a hippie is, and always be proud. Remember, you are an ambassador to the rest of the world. Other hippies will be judged partially by your actions and behavior. If we are responsible, pleasant, kind and truthful, other will see the goodness of the hippie path, and they will want to evolve too. Children will be watching you. Be a good example. We are so lucky to have this now, and this here. We are blessed to have been exposed to the alternative culture. Rise in the morning and lay down in the evening with an awareness of the Spirit. You are never, ever, truly alone. Even the rocks have a consciousness. The wind, the rain, everything is living. Everything is humming with the magnificence of creation, and your juice as a human being is the highest essence, and the tree beings, and the animal beings, they all groove on our juice as long as we are not harming them. Humans are guardians of creation, whether we know and are doing our job or not, that is still our purpose here (one of several).

These things I know to be true, for me at least. My advice could possibly not apply to you at all, in which case you should ignore it, but it does to most. I offer it in love, devotion and surrender. I bathe in your beauty, am nurtured by your love, relish your friendship, and honor your spirit power and your birth power. Walk softly, say only that which you truly mean and pick your words carefully, for speech matters. Honesty is incredibly liberating, as long as it is not a hurtful truth. The Truth will not let you down. Love is the highest aspiration in the Universe. Cigarettes cause damage, especially if you start smoking young. Pot is not harmless, and you can fuck up with it. It is powerful medicine, and should be respected as such. Smoke it AFTER you have done your homework, or put that tire on your car, or not at all if you are doing something dangerous, like driving a baby in your car down a twisting steep road you are not familiar with. And...don't be in a hurry to grow up, you will regret that later when you discover how precious youth really is.

That is all for now. I love you, and your living light.

Your Brother Vivian - aka - Jicama Prickley Pear

This heart-song courtesy of Seattle Peace Heathens http://www.seattlecrisis.org

Copywrong 2004 All Rights Reversed (Please copy and distribute. Good for one house call from the Good Karma Doctor)

Om Mani Pad Me Hum

Om Namah Shivaya
    Hare Krishna Hare Rama
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Blessed Be
    Jah Rastafar-I
    Shalom
    Pax

2. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

That was beautiful, TDragon.

I hope all the beautiful, young hippie ladies take your words to heart.

Love and blessings to you and all the Hippie Womyn Beings of Light,

Maggie

3. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Agreed:)

4. Roses are Phree

Roses are Phree Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing that, Templedragon. :)

5. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

that was beautiful :)

6. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

I hope all the young hippie girls and boys will be aware of that! ;)

You should be a writer! :D

7. RyvreWillow

RyvreWillow Member

That was a very nice message.

i wish i'd heard something like that a few years ago, instead of my dad's (un)sex-talk: "don't let any guy talk you into anything, and if they try...tell me, so i can kill them." Oy, so anti-helpful. Oh yeah, and that was the whole conversation too, all 19 words of it.

Let's encourage our young ones to be aware of their surroundings, and not oblivious to them :)

8. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

thanks for sharing that, especially the part that says,

"I used to sometimes see young hippie girls in dead lot, tripping, all filthy, a beer in one hand and a filthy baby slung over their hip. I wanted to say "sister, get off of tour, de-lice your hair and go take care of your baby".

i know EXCATELY what you are talking about there.... not from personal experience, but by observation. i know a woman who has 3 kids, and she likes to trip occasionally, which is fine. but she ALWAYS makes sure her kids are with a babysitter, or safe in bed, or whatever before she does. she says "her kids ALWAYS come before everything else"... if only that lady "tripping, all filthy, a beer in one hand and a filthy baby slung over their hip," could figure that out!

thanks so much for your words... made me think alot

9. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

What a beautful message :)

10. anastasia

anastasia Member

can someone summarize it- i want to read the whole thing but my add is overwhelming me right now

11. Templedragon

LOL. Yeh, BE CAREFUL WITH SEX. it is that simple, darlin'. Use your head, think first, don't go along with something you are not into.

Peace, viv

12. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

That was wonderful. I wish more men were like you.

13. xthevalkyriex

xthevalkyriex Member

I don't consider myself a hippie (though I do espouse many hippie ideals), but I believe that every single young woman in the world should be required to read what you posted. Simply wonderful.

14. Templedragon

Thank you so much, sweet sisters. I am touched that my words have been so well taken. My sincere heart-song is that I may assist someone somewhere down the road in not being in a situation they are not happy with.

Party safe, often and heartily!
    Peace, TD-

15. Wonder Girl

Wonder Girl rhapsody in pink

Templedragon,that is lovely. It brought a tear to my eye reading it,bless you :)

16. happykoala

happykoala Member

beautiful, just beautiful. its nice to know someone cares about us.