you think aliens want humanity destroyed

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by REB?, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

he doesn't understand about the secret pants.. so he wears them on the outside.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I know that's a sex thing, but I don't know specifically what it means

3. Noserider

Are we talking about Superman?

4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

haha yeah. You said aliens were bastards.

I feel like all the humor got sucked out of the meme I spent 10 seconds of my life making.

THANKS

5. Noserider

Any time ;)

McFuddy likes this.
  6. Noserider

Seriously don't know what's going on here or what Superman has to do with aliens, but.. Cool!

McFuddy likes this.
  7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Hahahahaha

Superman is from Krypton! He came to Earth in a little ship. He's an alien!!

Irminsul likes this.
  8. Noserider

Ohhhh....

I think I knew that. And then this couple finds him in a field lifting up a car or something, right?

9. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Yeah pretty much.

Kinda cool really. I mean why does he do all this good? Maybe he just wants to be accepted on a world where he knows he'll never truly fit in.

10. Noserider

I thought he was just trying to impress Lois Lane so he could get laid

Running Horse likes this.
  11. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Hey as far as ways of impressing the ladies... A guy could do worse.

EVERY GUY ON THE PLANET DOES WORSE

See now I'm mad at Superman.

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't think it's that people always assume that "aliens" in the broader sense, have to be super advanced. People even speculate about alien micro-organisms living on other planets in the solar system, but for the regular person with a passing interest in the topic, those types of alien lifeforms are far less appealing to the imagination and discussion than super intelligent alien lifeforms. Intelligence is really the crux of discussing these things, we've seen intelligence develop on this planet, developed under specific conditions, so we attempt to extrapolate how far out that process would need to go for alien civilization(s) and intelligence(s) to be able to contact us.

In regards to your second argument, if they could receive signals we send out, I think life would have to be so overly abundant throughout the galaxy for them not to be intrigued in Earth. Also it would probably require their technology to be even vastly more advanced in a scenario they could just skip over habitable planets than one where exploration is practically necessary. The only 3 reasons I can think of that would make sense for aliens to leave a planet that they've developed an ecological niche in would be: resources, escape planetary catastrophe, seek other habitable environments.

Irminsul likes this.
  13. HipFashion

HipFashion Members

If whoever they are wanted humanity to be destroyed, then they would easily destroy it. They are far superior in technological development and intelligence.

Also, they are much smarter than we are. We are destroying the planet we live on, whereas if we were much smarter, we would stop using technology that is harmful to the health of living things. Pollution poses a risk of reducing our intelligence and making us less capable of finding good solutions to pollution, like a self-promoting cycle. There was a study that found people in cities have smaller brains than people in rural areas. If the liver receives all that blood flow because the body is overloaded by toxins, then the brain receives less blood flow to develop. But toxins are everywhere. Pesticides, food additives, building materials, and so many other things.

Since we're already on the subject of "aliens", I say it's possible that UFOs do not actually have aliens in them, that they are probes. Also, they may not actually be aliens, but something else. It's a subject filled with speculation.

14. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Considering what we are doing to the planet on which we reside upon, perhaps we were the 'dud' DNA that the "Aliens" discarded ?

themnax likes this.
  15. HipFashion

HipFashion Members

There are people who believe that we may have come from other planets. I see no reason to believe that, since we share over 95% of our DNA with chimps.

However, it is definitely possible that "aliens" have a terrestrial origin. There are three different human species that had a larger cranial capacity than we do. Two of them commonly known, Cro Magnon and Neanderthal. Then there's Boskop man. 30% larger cranial capacity, and 50% more space in the front, to house the frontal lobes. There's no explanation as to what happened to this species. Such huge frontal lobes would mean that they were far more civilized and capable of creating technology than we are. Maybe they are who inhabit UFOs.

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there are solar systems we can detect in our night sky, even from earth
    it would take billions of years to get to.

no i doubt very much they were populated from some primative stage of our own.
    further away then it would take longer to get to, then even our sun has existed.

on the other paw of course, ALL life on earth, NOT just humans,
    COULD have come from elsewhere,

though i too find this highly unlikely. just not for THAT reason.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there are billions of solar systems, just in our own galaxy.
    how can anyone be so dense as to imagine, everything not from this earth,
    could only come from one of them?

talking about alien people from other worlds, as if they were only one species from only one world,
    that is just so absurd it is beyond words.

now the idea that it is just as far from there to here, as it is from here to there, now that, is reality.
    and even if a ship could cheat the speed of light, you're talking about distances that would still take at least months, if not years.

and no one on some other world is jumping for joy at the prospect of our destroying ourselves.
    though neither is it logic to expect any to miss us once we're gone either.

19. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Look at us, of course aliens want to destroy us. They want to stop us before we screw up the universe.

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that's not the same as wanting to destroy us. they'd really rather we grew up instead of making them have to.
    not too worried though. as long as we're so busy destroying ourselves by destroying our environment.
    and if we'd ever learn to be considerate instead of destructive, we might even be welcome.
    the rest of the universe sees us as children, not quite smart enough to avoid hurting ourselves.
    our maliciousness toward what we don't understand, is something we have the potential to outgrow,
    its either that or the environment. the council watches from a safe distance.
    we aren't the only kids though. and some are too much like us also.
    just none are really any worse. its only if we become a real threat,
    and if we do, a large rock, well aimed, from further away then anything we have can reach, could end our potential threat.
    at near light speed, we'd never know it was coming until, there's be no more us to know anything.
    so the only thing that would worry my, is other kid worlds like our own, that feel the self restraint of the council too restrictive.
    that's who wants to use us to attack it. that's what we should be concerned about, and the putins and trumps of this world, playing into their hands,
    with their examples of hatred of 'other'.