you people need jesus

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by StellarCoon, Jun 28, 2019.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

1. No details on the size of the two fish..
    2. Bread is very filling with whale blubber..
    3. Blubber after rendering "cracklings" or "fritters", said to be crunchy like toast..
    4. The Bible is the Word of God..

2. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Well Religion is a very emotive subject indeed, and I know that millions of people gain a lot of comfort from it.
    Me being an Atheist, I am not one of them.
    I just wish that those who do believe in God wouldn't try to preach to me as in thread title though.
    I don't need either Jesus or God or his so called disciples in order for me to have a full and happy life.

I won't contribute anything more to this thread though, as I do believe I have made my point.
    I just beg to differ with some, including you Orison in respect of the subject matter.
    That's all.

Orison likes this.
  3. deleted

deleted Visitor

And I shall not worship that which ye worship. Nor will ye worship that which I worship. Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion. Quran 109:1-6

[​IMG]

Asmodean likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well not necessarily. step parents exist too.

that always confused me too. best i can figure is that everyone who died before jesus is now in hell, because adam ate an apple and jesus hadn't gotten around to fixing it yet.

5. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Omg.lol

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

gods (or a god) (may) exist, (or not as THEY see fit (nothing to do with us has anything to do with it)), bibles exist,

what does not exist, is the tiniest shred of evidence of there being any connection between the two.

so sorry, i do not buy that 'the bible' is 'the word of god', any god.
    it was written by humans, about a god, who sounds much too much like a human, to be entirely believable as a god.

all of the wanting to be feared, jealosy, wrath and so on, these are HUMAN things.
    not something i would expect, even from me, if i could create universes,
    which i would be too busy having fun playing with doing, to throw away my happiness on any of that kind of crap.

(not that creation has to have had anything to do with gods for them to exist either)

two points abrahimc religions seem to miss, quite possibly deliberately:
    if a god is a god, it owes nothing to what people tell each other (even if they carve it in stone or on bamboo)
    and the even bigger one, to me anyway, is that goodness, and the desire to be feared, are absolute binary OPPOSITES.

(oh and in case there's anyone this hasn't occurred to,
    the only thing wrong with this earth,
    is that it is populated by humans)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    parua likes this.
  7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It was explained to me as being the reason we don't have to sacrifice goats and stuff anymore. Like, we used to have to do elaborate rituals to placate God but Jesus died for our sins and now we can talk directly to God... not through priests. It's a mess of an idea in my own head but it was told to me when I was a kid by a born again Christian so there you go.

Jesus is probably kicking himself right now for not thinking of the cake thing.

8. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

There is salvation !

9. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

not true 11 of his best friends also have the key... Jesus is a top businessman .. You cant just call him up without going through his employees first.. It will get you thrown out the office real quick.

I dont know you.

McFuddy and Driftrue like this.
  11. It strikes me the less people believe in Jesus also parallels how they treat their fellow human beings, and not in a good way. And I don't even believe in Jesus. I'm also not one of those who degrades him just for the sake of degrading him. With the level of callousness in this world today, I certainly wish there was a Jesus. Only the weak and the meek actually need him, though. Life is swell for everybody who doesn't give a damn about anybody but themselves. In a relative way of course. Their lives are actually empty, too.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

....and "punishment" for Eve tempting a dude with an apple is she and all women from there on in have periods...like God just couldnt send her to detention for one afternoon, no, had to go with making them shed their uterine lining every 28 days....even though thats where life starts.

So basically every female between Eve and Jesus has to endure cramps because of Eves dumbass boyfriend, but also goes to hell because Jesus hadnt died yet.

Who is it believes all this shit again? Oh right, the Pope and a couple billion people

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

That's my purse

Orison likes this.
  14. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Jesus died as in exchange or ransom For what Adam and eve gave up in the garden of Eden. Which was perfection and the ability to live forever and not die. Since we are descendants of of them we have inherited sin. In order for us to be reconciled with God, the God of justice.

15. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

You love to make your own story and understanding

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Erhhh nope, not common sense. I don't believe in common sense. :p if everyone had common sense we wouldn't be discussing anything cause we'd all have that common thought but what I do know is thought is not common and neither are people, really so I've never believed in "born equal" because it's not really true, unless people start to go on about equal opportunity, but that's not what I see or hear when people talk about being born equal they like to weave this idealistic equality, but I don't see it, because I see everybody as different and I also think that's a good thing. :) Jesus would understand that, out of everybody that dude was different to us all haha. Jesus ya mad ****. :sweatsmile: we'd share a laugh and drink at the tavern I'm sure of it.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, and you dont I suppose?

Old Testament God sounds like a real a-hole

And Jesus the kid thats way more mature with the embarassing parent, No Dad, not again!

Anyway, I always thought the Apple was a metaphor, and if a metaphor, the only thing it could be a metaphor for is Eves clit

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No, that's be a peach. Always a peach!
    Or a cute lil strawberry. :tongueclosed:

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its a funny concept though, every guy has an adams apple because Adam went down for the growl when he wasnt supposed to

God was like, yeah, ill give em all an adams apple, that will teach them not to lick pussy

Jesus is like *facepalm* Dad!, seriously....just...just ....oh, Im so not going to be like him when I grow up

Driftrue likes this.
  20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Also, apparently it never said apple in the original hebrew, just said fruit, so could well be a peach

But peaches originated in Northern China, didnt get to the middle east until 2000 BC

I have too much time on my hands

Driftrue likes this.