You might be an atheist if...

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Jatom, May 12, 2004.

1. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

"we Beleive In Nozzing, Lebowski! Nozzing!!"

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I've sworn to myself to get out of this forum, but I can't resist.

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist

Anonymous Author On Usenet.

10) You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9) You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8) You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7) Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" -- including women, children, and trees!

6) You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended to heaven.

5) You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth was a few generations old.

4) You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs --though excluding those in all rival sects--will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering, and yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3) While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2) You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works, and you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1) You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

BTW I am not an athesist, but I seek truth.

3. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

Not bad Meagain.. hehe..

I'll see if I can muster one up of top of my head...

You know your an Athiest when:

You pat yourself on the back for being a rigourous skeptic who questions and examines the veracity of not just all four Gospel accounts but also any archaeological confirmations, any outside sources backing them, any sociological evidences, and absolutely any proponent who does not serve you with an iron-clad video-tape of the actual events (which even then you suspect would be staged)....

... Yet, your instantly willing to completely and unconditionally accept any 'anti-biblical analysis' from some anonymous guy who owns a domain name and writes a website questioning the Bible.

Ok I tried lol!

4. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! i love that one. we have jesus fucking christ (as opposed to Jesus) living across the street from us. we, the Sinnin' Family, aren't good enough for her to wave at.

5. Mui

Mui Senior Member

i didnt thinkt hat was funny at all.. i wasnt offended... just couldnt get laughter from it.

Silly christians.

6. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

I like this thread and find it funny/interesting. I am an atheist simply because I understand the human primordial instinct to believe in a higher power, or something bigger, more powerfull than us. This instinct created religion(s), God(s), etc. I embrace most of my instinct but feel that I have to dismiss the most primordial ones.

7. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

I agree with you and so do many psychiatrists - there definately is some 'instinct' hardwired into the human soul which makes us seek to worship a God.

My question to you: Is that not evidence of a Creator God?

If not - then why would you think it evidence there is no God?

8. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

I dont see how that is evidence, I just think it has something to do with us feeling lonley as an intelligent self aware being. I dont think it is evidence that there is no god, i am aware that I could be wrong, and there could be any number of gods. It is just an opinion, there is no way anybody can know if there is really a god or not, and there is really no hard evidence (I am also aware that this is highly controversial and that some people think there is evidence).