You Know You're Getting Older When...

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by Ole_Goat, May 25, 2006.

1. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

finding atari video games being sold at a pawn shop for 30 cents a pop

2. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

I was at Goodwill looking at record albums and a young girl about 8 years old asked what they were. I told her that records were how we listened to music before CD's were invented.

3. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

Remember when Star Wars came out THIRTY years ago. Wow!! Hard to believe that classic is nearly 30 years old, and still a damn good movie. Like a premium wine, Star Wars improves with age, getting better with each viewing, and is a hell of a lot better than the Anakin Skywalker trilogy (Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith) could ever dream of being.

4. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

you know your getting old when....

you're sitting in class, and someone goes, "yeah, ten years ago, when I was in 3rd grade..." and youre sitting there going, "damn, I graduated high school ten years ago!"

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when you realize that what over half the adult working population thinks of as history took place AFTER you turned 30!

that's the one the 'gets me'.

=^^=
    .../\...

6. feralfey

feralfey Member

I work in an antique store. All the time, I see things in there that I had when I was kid. That makes me laugh every time.

7. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In my favorite tavern downtown, they have a large collection of memorabilia hanging on the walls. A young man, in his 30's was looking at a mug shot of "Steve McQueen"
    taken after a DWI arrest in Anchorage in 1973.
    He asked me is he was a mass murderer or something ? I named of a few of his movies, but he had never heard of them either...
    Time for another cup of coffee, come on knees dont fail me now.......

8. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

When you can remember when Saddam was a buddy of the U.S and Rummy was special envoy to Saddam and shaking hands with him.

When you talk with people in their 20s currently fighting in Iraq who weren't around when Saddam was a buddy of the U.S.

When you can remember all of the people in the GW Bush administration who were in the Nixon and Ford administration.

When you can remember when people complained about $100 hammers in the military and considered that the biggest government waste.

When you can remember the big national debt clock in NY when people actually cared about national debt.

When you can remember a time when there were no bossy SUVs on the road (and when a truck was called a truck, not an SUV for marketing purposes).

When you can remember when news stations reported news and entertainment channels did entertainment (now the 'news' channels are entertainment and people get their news from comedians such as Stewart)

9. whitlam

whitlam Member

you know your getting old when you can kick your own tits

10. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

remember when your dad told how he had to walk in the show to get to school , and now your tell your children , how you had to get up to turn the TV channels

11. al-Hallaj Kabir Ali

al-Hallaj Kabir Ali Member

Being 61, nearly 62, I refuse to dignify this thread with an answer! LOL

12. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

you know your getting old when you can live with out sex but not your glasses

13. tripoli

tripoli Member

It is a funny process, huh?

I just noticed a "silvery" patch of hair behind my temples today.

Kept trying to convince myself that it was just the play of the lights....

14. Ole_Goat

Ole_Goat Member

I use to have the same silvery patch behind my temples.

It spred like a rash, covering almost the entire sides of my head. Currently its attempting to overrun the top. Lucky for me, I'm also thinning out up there, so there'll be less hair to turn silver.

Another sign I just found out, just read of the passing of "Sneaky" Pete Kleinow, original guitarist for the "Flying Burritto Bros.". I didn't know anything about their music, but I did hear of them while they were around.

It wasn't his age which surprised me, 72 years old, but the cause of death - Alzheimer's. He must be the first rock musician to die in this manner. Usually its drug overdoses, plane or motorcycle crashes.

15. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

You know you're getting older when...

You go see the new doctor in town and SHE's younger than your children.

Or you can remember that Vanna White was once HOT, but you can't remember when...

Or you remember wondering what it'd be like when men landed on the Moon...

Or what it'd be like when Elvis got out of the Army...

Or when... a... a... what was I going to say....

Oh well.

Peace,
    poor_old_dad

16. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

Damn, I already feel old and I'm only fifteen.
    I have the mentality of an old man.

17. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

LMAO! I remember repairing those when the tape pulled out! I put an 8-track in my 1970 Olds Delta 88.

18. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

you will know when you are getting old because your nob wont become erect even if you are bed with the hottest pair of tits in town

19. IrishFreeRoller

IrishFreeRoller Member

You know your getting old when

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me"

Means something to you :p

20. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

I knew were it was at, but then they moved it