You Know You're Getting Older When...

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by Ole_Goat, May 25, 2006.

1. Myndeye

Myndeye Member

I miss my puffy sticker collection!!!

[​IMG]

2. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

Biffo the Bear.
    Roger the Dodger.
    Desperate Dan.
    Lord Snooty.
    'Zoom' ice lollies.
    Gobstoppers.
    Jamboree Bags.
    Walls ice cream blocks.
    Elastic belts with an 'S' for a buckle.

All fings wot I remember from when I was young and pretty.

Dear God,I'm sat here crumbling away like a pyramid.

PYRAMIDS!

I remember the day King Tut [PRINCE Tut,as he was then] and I were playing in the sand,when he suddenly said "Hey Pug-what are these tiny little pointy things sticking out of the ground?"
    I ran over and looked at them and said "I'm not sure Tut-but if I were you I'd make sure nobody waters them!"

sigh. It seems like it was only yesterday.........

3. cncracer

cncracer Member

I remember the good and the bad. The good included summer weekends on the boat with my parents, learning to swim, and older family friend who taught me all about fishing and crabbing. There were good days of rowing across the intercostal waterway to spend all day on the barrier islands with my dog chasing sea gulls. Life was easy and good. I also remember bomb shelters and drills in case a bomb was dropped on us. I remember the day JFK was killed and race riots which divided friends and burned cities. The wars which filled my mind in the 60’s and the lottery which defined our lives, I was number 13. As strange as it sounds the low number was good for me. I joined the Navy, and when finished had seen the world. I was a changed person with goals, and a way to get educated. A lot of people on this tread seem to mark time by the music of the time. I lived in the golden age of music. Not just rock, but jazz and blues filled the airways. I loved it all.
    Today I have now lived six decades. I still am as active as I was when I was 30 or 40. I still work 70 hour weeks, and still think politicians start wars to line their own pockets. I watched it up close with Viet Nam, saw the 80’s start back with little wars to secure the egos of Reagan and Bush, than watched the 90’s explode. Now we are in 2012 with what look more and more like another Viet Nam with god as a kicker. Just what we needee a religious war in a country which broke the bank for the USSR, and we elect a fool who starts two of the damn wars. We need to send him and congress over to the front lines with a gun. I bet it will end than.