You know you're an aging hippie when...

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by newo, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

On Veterans Day, you also think of those who risked their futures and their freedom escaping to Canada to avoid a war they did not support.

unfocusedanakin and Tyrsonswood like this.
  2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

You really made laugh with the one about not having a drink after about 7:30 for fear of all those trips to the bathroom when you are trying to sleep.

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Now the time has come (Time)
    There's no place to run (Time)
    I might get burned up by the sun (Time)
    But I had my fun (Time)
    I've been loved and put aside (Time)
    I've been crushed by the tumbling tide (Time)
    And my soul has been psychedelicized (Time)​

Mountain Valley Wolf likes this.
  4. Mountain Valley Wolf

When you are enjoying the extended version of this song, at a volume it was meant to be played at, (you know, the long trippy part), and the kid says "What the hell kind of music is that?!"

(...Maybe it doesn't count----he's my stepson. Surely my son would dig it!!!)

By the Way---In the play, Hair, one of the chicks shows off her button that says, Psychedelicize North Korea.

MeAgain likes this.
  5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I miss that "old time music".

6. I have just scored a turntable and am listening to a whole load of stuff that I forgot I even had.
    Today - Syd Barratt - The Madcap Laughs

Mallyboppa likes this.
  7. Mountain Valley Wolf

...The only tests you were really really good at involved Koolaid.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  8. Mountain Valley Wolf

...you want to try some of these new drugs all the young kids are trippin' on, but no one knows where to get a hold of LOL. LMAO, BRB, WTF, IMO, or any of those others...

etherea likes this.
  9. Mountain Valley Wolf

...you've ever been high on Canned Heat, while listening to Canned heat, and cooking your dinner on Canned Heat.

10. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Jonestown?

C/S,
    Rev J

11. Mountain Valley Wolf

San Francisco------The Electric Acid Koolaid Tests----The Grateful Dead, Blue Cheer, and other bands would play in these tents where light shows would be put on with the colored gel-latex stuff that would light would be projected through and onto screens or the tent sides. Koolaid was served with hits of acid already present.

I wondered if anyone would make a Jonestown connection though...

scratcho likes this.
  12. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

I was kidding.

Peoples Temple started in SF too. Scary but true fact Jim Jones won numerous humanitarian awards in SF.

C/S,
    Rev J

13. Mountain Valley Wolf

(OK----I'll warn you guys----this one is a little gruesome---

I was living in Japan at the time of Jonestown, and there were several weekly news magazines (Focus, Friday, etc.) that would compete with each other on which could show the most grisly, morbid, full color, in your face, crime-scene/catastrophe-scene photos. I received many lessons in forensics and the study of the dead through these magazines. I can now identify what the brain of a famous Japanese singer looks like, spread across the pavement, after he jumped some 25 stories head first. Its a lesson I will never forget. Nor will I ever forget the mayhem of twisted bodies and body parts that result from an overloaded 747 crashing into a mountainside (bodies wrap around trees almost like silly putty, with attached hands and feet). The forensic lesson I got from Jonestown involved what happens to various dead bodies as they sit for extended lengths of time, exposed to nature under the hot African sun (blood collects in the lower half of the body, causing a purple discoloration which runs partially up the veins of the body against gravity, while the heat causes bloating of the entire body, stretching the pink sun burned flesh of the upper half of the corpse, which in some cases can rip...

Bonus of bonuses---through the miracle of writing, I can share these lessons with all of you too... (Wait a minute, there were plenty of celebrity nudes secretly taken by paparazzi, and sex...)

--------Wait a minute----where'd those grandkids go------I've got some more stories for them!!!

GLENGLEN likes this.
  14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

When...Metallica starts to sound melodic, and hearing the Beatles makes you want to strangle kittens, which only grow into cats that eat bunny rabbits out of tinned cans. Try explaining the logic of that to a child, and you realize maybe the punks had the right idea. Many punks tried living on cat food because it was cheap and nutritious, whilst the logical conclusion of being a hippie was to become a fruitarian and survive on oranges. Me I just don't care at all.

15. Mountain Valley Wolf

When the mere mention of Kent State can still bring a tear to your eye, and a sense of a loss of innocence.

16. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

When Patti Smith starts to look sexy

17. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

When it bothers you that the Dormouse never actually said Feed Your Head.

18. Mountain Valley Wolf

You still talk about getting, 'back to the garden.' Only now you are referring to getting lunch at a popular Italian restaurant chain...

GLENGLEN likes this.
  19. Mountain Valley Wolf

After years of dealing with your parents and older family members trying to get you to cut your hair, now you have to deal with your kids---trying to get you to cut your hair.

carlo dee and GLENGLEN like this.
  20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

if some of your photos are actually photos of photos