you know how they used to call black people "colored people"?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 21, 2005.

1. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

You are thinking of light. Yes, white is all colours and black is no colour. I already said that myself.

But when you compare it to people it makes makes no sense, since people are not black, they are shades of brown.

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

from google...Once more, black is not actually a color. Technically speaking, black is merely
    the absence of the wavelengths of the visible light spectrum. ...

okay, let me explain what i meant.... to call black people "colored people" when black isnt a color sounds silly TO ME. i guess when you're thinking of pigment it is different but why use the word "color" then?

i know we're not talking about light here, BUT isnt light what makes COLOR to begin with? so if light is color and black is the absense of color....

it all seems backwords to me....

3. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

my previous post was all i meant.

technically, there IS no race... everyone is of the same race.... just varying shades (not just brown, but a wide spectrum of shades)... i was just thinking of that term that people used to say and it didnt make sense to me.

4. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

burn the niggers in hell

5. Mistress_Sassafras

Mistress_Sassafras Member

I'd rather be called by my name, thanks.

6. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

when you mix all colors it turns grey...i used to work in a paint department.

7. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

8. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

Hmm.. Firstly, dont start that shit "id rather be called my name" do you think white people even cared to know a black persons name? THINK ABOUT THE ERA WERE TALKING ABOUT FOOL!! Secondly, spik is a bad name for mexicans or maybe even just in general latino/a's. Chicano is a mexican thats not born in mexico, were real mexicans. Back in the day integration wasnt popular, so dont you think they stayed darker without anything brighter in the family? its fucking annoying the fuck out of me how people are talking about mixing colors together n shit. were not talking about crayons, paint, light, non of that shit. next order of business, injun isnt a real word, its slang but i think it would be enjun, engine is easier though.

9. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

Whoa, you had a lot of bad air you needed to get out. The crayola idea was mine because I tried it once and mixed all the colors and it came out brown.(I was playing with people to lighten the mood but if I offended you I'm truely sorry.) I think people are tired of being colors and want to be people. (That's the main problem in our society, people spend so much time trying to be accepted that they forget how beautiful they already are.I think people do prefer their names to name that someone would insult them. Let me answer your question about that era. While there are some people that probally didn't give a fig about black people, there were a lot that did. Yeah there were some real winners that segrigated, named called, and belittled but there were a whole lot more that embraced, helped to preserve culture and heritage for many nationalities. There are people that go into some of the poorest countries in the world that are inhabited by blacks, asians, latinos, and even other whites so that the people in there can have a chance to live and grow. I know there is a lot that can be better but just remember that it use to be a lot more and with love, groth, understanding, and togetherness that life can be beautiful.

10. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

im not really angry at you..

11. Mistress_Sassafras

Mistress_Sassafras Member

I didn't realize you were talking about a certain era. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

12. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Colored people makes more sense than black.... they're brown

13. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

heres a lesson

http://www.rsdb.org/
    this is just horrible

14. velvet

velvet Banned

Hm.. very informative.. and yeah, it's said that people use racial slurs like that.. it's probably just fear of the unknown I guess.. ah well.. whatcha gonna do 'bout it? :/

15. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

not that I ahve anything against biting your tongue........but exactly what does that have to do w/ typing? :rolleyes: ;)