You guys think we're fucked?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hedgeclipper, Aug 27, 2013.

1. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

The split mind is evident at every conceivable scale, in every technique of mapping from neuroimaging to the world cultural dichotomy, or at least as far as I can tell. But there is cohesion between these vagrant ideologies in what I referred to as a return to a geocentric model, although here too we find evidence of hero worship. But we are only made aware of heroes by the very people who are supposed to be by contrast considered weak; the people whose conscious intensity threshold is more readily crossed. The more effeminate, in our eyes, in other words. I'm speaking of the producers of the very arts which I've claimed are now at an end.

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

The split mind is insidiously posited. The very observation that the split mind is evident at every conceive scale is just such a hood wink. Perhaps from not knowing ones own mind at peace?

Inspiration abrogates the need for emulation. I agree growth is more correctly apprehended on a concentric rather than on a linear or vertical axis. The inner circle of humanity consists of those to whom consider the interests of others as identical to their own.

3. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

If you guys are talking about hemispheric dominance (L/R Brain phenomenon, etc.), thoough, the neurologically-based idea of the split mind has disproven repetitively
    Or are you just talking about the psychological/philosophical idea of the split mind and the omnipresent dichotomy?

It's Abraxas, baby.

4. thedope

There is bicameral design but these are complementary functionaries.
    I am saying there is no omnipresent dichotomy that creation is a law without opposite. The insidious split comes with the perception of good and evil or right and wrong. The mind is reoriented simply by asking the question what is it for? Consciousness arising for the purpose of finding direction the mind is then within it's natural element.

5. thedope

Thanks, I had no idea.

6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

People, it's time to re-think modernity.

7. thedope

What do you have in mind?

Crawling back into the sea?

8. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I am sure it has something to do with Indians.

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:2thumbsup:

The Fruit of The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, or the Pre-frontal cortex, whichever.

Isn't it simply the battle between our lower brains/limbic systems and our pre-frontal cortex.

One says "survival at all costs" while the other assigns morality and contemplates the consequences of those survival instincts.

We are all a little bit of Jeckyl/Hyde.

10. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

As far as my neuroimaging comment goes, I was talking about the hemispheres simply as they are, the projection of a dominance determining sensibilities and functionality is akin to the world cultural dichotomy which itself is not actually geographically valid but is generally understood in that sense. So, to answer your second question, yes, basically. But as thedope points out, I'm only speaking about this concept within the confines of our cultural framework (assuming we have all adopted roughly the same one, I know you are Canadian, not sure from where thedope hails) as my belief also considers the complementary nature of one side of the mind to the other as illusory. Still, it is interesting to entertain it like this; I often fall asleep curious and excited to "submerge" and see what I encounter.

11. thedope

I don't think so. Survival at all costs is not a motivation at all. We look for ease of being even in the lymbic terms. Conservation of energy is crucial, not wasting time. Everything is in a hurry to occupy owing to expanding spaces. Moral motivation is not alien to the lymbic system but to the frontal cortex, man imagining himself above and beyond life or separated from nature. He is not separated, simply not understanding that the mind is naturally abstract and we deal with symbolic representations as matter of coherent perception.

12. thedope

That is perception is not knowledge but can lead to it. Knowledge is being, shared.

13. thedope

Family-airity

14. thedope

Heralded with comfort in life, freedom from fear. The truth sets us free and as we come along together we come into ourselves.

15. thedope

Our quest as an adaptable species is for suitability, not conformity. There is good in the world and I must have it.

16. thedope

A question of authority and conflict is the interplay of question and supposition, those doubly blind shooting at each other in the dark. Beliefs never argue with the truth, only other beliefs, our challenge is genuine communication with each other and the world at large.

17. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

And *what* a challenge it proves to be!

18. thedope

We didn't hear each other? It is easy once you get the funky vibe we all share. It is not helpful to denigrate the power of the mind being all powerful in our regard.

19. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

Yes, but it took me over twenty years to discover the meaningful thread binding the disparate elements attracting me. And even now, I often wonder at it.. although it is become benign. The mystery at the core of life itself, no less. This is what I believe is troubling the OP, and as I mentioned earlier, at least in my case, it appears to be chemically regulated. Just today it's turned me inside out twice.

20. thedope

You feel you were born ahead of your time?

How much does a thought weigh and how much work could be involved in changing it?
    The mind loves to express. There is no order of difficulty only confusion. There are no idle thoughts only thoughts unattended. We are way too lenient with mind wandering. Chaotic expression battling for ascendancy. Our hopes and dreams may or may not materialize in time but what will be done is done. It is a youthful mistake to think that life's rewards are few and forever distant.