You guys think we're fucked?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hedgeclipper, Aug 27, 2013.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Never mind the oceans, the land and the water. Just make damn sure you stay on the zombie treadmill as you're expected to do. And keep buying--uh-- stuff. The money must keep flowing upward. Growth. And more growth.

What a fuckin' joke on MOST of us, this capitalist scheme. I was born into it and used it when I needed it and dropped out when I couldn't stand it. Long term, it'll kill us all if a monumental change is not made and the greedheads continue to treat us like numbers and as trash to be used and thrown away. When the all important profit agenda conflicts with ANYTHING that can be named--it wins. Oh, it was good for a while. Nice little experiment in testing just how much people could be convinced that unlimited use of resources could go on forever. Most still believe it can. They're called conservatives. (this'll get thumbs down--as in- how dare you insinuate my whole life is bullshit and that changes are needed. Everything is fine.)

Are we fucked?? Most are or will be. This whole rigged system is goin' bye-bye.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yes, something is happening and happening very soon.

But.. don't freak out. Just hold yourself together and keep doing the things that you like to do and wait a little longer..

3. Sig

Sig Senior Member

When has the world not been fucked and/or falling apart?

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, see that's what I tell myself to calm myself down and yes, it's true.
    But it's also true that I think things are different now... more fucked up.
    Of course people have always thought that too...

5. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Ah yes---the cleansing of Mother Earth as she rids herself of that cancer known as humanity. Yes---that is always a possibility, and the indigenous the world over warn us that this is how it will happen if we don't change our ways.

That is why it is so imperative that we do evolve out of that dualistic mindset, and learn to appreciate all creation as our relative (the meaning of, Mitakuye oyase). Otherwise we will not survive.

Omitakuye oyase. Hechetu yelo.

6. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

My periodic episodes of existential malaise, ennui, and existential terror appear to be regulated upon a purely chemical basis, as over the years I've become accustomed to the physiological components which in my early to mid twenties I was largely oblivious to. Fortunately for me, my moments of fearing that "everything has gone mad, we're all going to die" rarely align with everyone elses.

The human conidition itself is ultimately one of existential crises, to varying degrees depending on each of our own particular circumstances and sensibilities. OP, have you been having strange dreams lately? Your anima may be trying to get you to understand something..

7. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Exactly. Circumstances will always be different, certainly.

Regardless, I have my "oh shit" gear prepped and ready to go should I need to bug out quick.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yeah... you already know where I plan on going... but yea, as I was saying to the OP.- about the I don't think it's time to freak out yet- though I do think some shit is in the process of going down...and how I said to sit and wait and watch a bit more...
    I feel that in the next year -maybe sooner than that...maybe 2-3 months shit may get bad.
    (but then again, it may be longer)
    *watching*

9. Sig

Sig Senior Member

How bad is bad in your eyes?

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Bad in that context is...
    really bad.
    Breakdown of society- totally collapse of the dollar..ww3...
    bad.

(it could take longer than that but i'm just watching stuff now and do have a bad feeling about what's on the horizon but it's hard to pin down "when"...)

11. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

:gasp: :sombrero:

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, the other half of me thinks things will just keep going on the way they are... never great- always on the verge of something but everything always moving on- for another ten or twenty years...
    so, who knows really.

13. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

:whew: :cowboy:

14. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

15. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

See what I was talking about though Lucky, with my mention that the OP consult his 'anima'? You said "the other half of me thinks"... See what I'm saying? If you take what you said literally (which I believe, you should), it makes from some very interesting self discoveries! :)
    I was just trying to make you laugh with those faces, though :p

16. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. Personally, I don't see WW3 as being a threat. To me the collapse of the dollar and/or the fracturing/breaking up of the United States is more likely. If it is conflict, it will be another civil war that does us in and not an external threat. To be brutally honest, a good part of me welcomes that.

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

how do you consult your anima though... are you talking about through the dreams comment?
    me personally I don't dream anymore... I used to dream all the time and have weird ones but I remember literally one dream in the past year or so.

in any case, my head isn't working today because i'm very sick .. goosebumps and stuff and topped off with a horrible headache.

but anyways, back to the thread... yea... I do sense stuff brewing (big stuff) but it's hard to tell if it'll reach a tipping point or just keep on keeping on in the state the world is in right now (which is already not good)....

but yeah... no dreams...

18. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, I just think ww3 may be going on when the dollar breaks down finally and modern society (or the U.S. specifically) collapses...
    When do YOU see these things happening though?

19. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I tend to not get involved in the "when" game because I don't think it is productive. Still, if I had to guess, maybe within the next decade.

20. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

Well, in your case Lucky, it would be your animus, as you are female; the anima and animus are Jungian concepts for describing the totality of the feminine in male or masculine in female aspects of the unconscious as personified in anthropomorphic archetypal form. They appear in dreams typically as members of the opposite sex as the dreamer, and speak to us directly albeit symbolically. According to Jung there are four levels of development to the integration of this unconscious representative and depending on the progress one has made, this will determine where the person is spiritually and emotionally. They are intermediate aspects of the unconscious and it is considered unhealthy both to be ignorant of them or to be 'possessed' by them. In females, the animus may be considered as the cause of cold, harsh, and unfeeling moods that suddenly come over women, and in men, the anima may be considered as the cause of ultra emotional sensitivity, a lack of ability to reason. What is important here is that these are intermediaries of the unconscious, and it is to call attention to necessary work done within the psyche that they appear to us in dreams. We don't really even have to approach these concepts in Jungian terms, we can intuitively 'feel' that we have a division in our personalities, and often speak off handedly of "Part of me thinks this, and another part of me thinks that".