You guys think we're fucked?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hedgeclipper, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

[​IMG]
    ^^^ this is a picture of the spreading leak of radiation-contaminated seawater. And here's the absolute least sensational, most optimistic looking report on the contamination and its possible effects: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/energy/2013/08/130807-fukushima-radioactive-water-leak/ If you look into more alternative media, you'll see much worse predictions. But what do you guys think?

It's not just the recent news about the nuclear contamination, nor is it the news about war on the horizon in Syria (I mean you could see that one coming a mile away) It's just fucking everything. The world is looking really bleak for me today. Everyone I know seems to be breaking down and and spilling all over me. I'm still holding together, but I'm starting to overflow and the world seems and feels as if it's coming to an end for me. I know people have been saying "the end is nigh" for centuries, and I know that foresight of disaster is part of the human condition, but I still can't shake the feeling that something is very wrong -- wrong in a way its never been before, and to a magnitude that's never before been see. It's like something's wrong with my mind, wrong with the world, or maybe wrong with reality and existence itself -- but I can't fucking tell which one.

Is it just me? Did I just do too much acid or is reality fucking broken? How long do you think we've got? Anyone else feel like this?

I feel like I should quit my life and run. If the world's fucked, then I should quit job and drop out of school, empty my bank account and get the fuck out of society -- or at least as far away from it as I can-- but if it's not fucked, then I'd just be throwing my life away. Maybe I should just blow all my money and go scuba diving somewhere, I don't know. I'm just gonna go for a walk in the park and hope people on the internet wants to chat by the time I get back.

pm me for my msn if you wanna chat
    respond if you have any theories about how screwed/not-screwed we are as a species, I guess. I just really don't want to die of cancer. The thought of having my own cells rebell against me is just too fucked. I try to be the best captain I can be! What am I to do if the environment around me, created by powers beyond my control, encourages my crew to become mutinous?

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

We are living on the verge of some big changes, that's for sure.

3. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Even after the hydrogen explosions at the plant were being reported, there were numerous bloggers who were still on some sort of ideological kick defending the nuclear power industry and insisting that it was just a minor problem. This was also after helicopters were seen pouring water on the reactors, a desperate attempt.

Reading some of the reputable news reports at the time revealed that the hydrogen explosions meant that the material that encases the radioactive fuel had already been eroded and the situation was grave. It would be great if people would educate themselves a little instead of immediately going off on some kick defending the industry and insisting that nothing is wrong.

4. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

We where given this planet and yet we ruin it

5. Hedgeclipper

Its not about defending the industry or not. In fact, I support some parts of it. Here in Canada, our reactors have passive cooling systems (meaning they can still cool themselves using energy recycled from the actual reaction -- even if power is lost and pumps don't work), get cooled by heavy water, aren't built on fault lines and are generally more easily regulated and controlled. I support CANDU reactors and to a certain degree, the nuclear industry...

I just want to know how long I have to live. I want to know how much damage has already been done. That's all I'm thinking about right now. And its not just that. I live relatively far from the pacific coast, so maybe I'll still live a long and healthy life, but what other horrors are coming? How can people even think about bringing children into the world today?

Everything feels like its coming crashing down in my life. I think maybe its not the nuclear reactor, though. Has anyone been getting the feeling that somethings gone wrong with their reality, existentially? Anyone feel like something's changed about the nature of our reality? Maybe I'm just bad tripping. Idunno

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ever drink some CONTRAST for a cat scan??..

pttf, radiation..

7. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I've been having some lingering feelings like that. It almost seems like it could be the end, or the end for a lot of people and the end of whatever freedom is left for a lot more. And I know this is selfish to say while people are dying, but I'm pissed that my entire 20s and now going into my 30s have been in this perpetual war/repressed economy/police state. I don't have a bad life compared to many, but all I do is work to pay my bills and try to get ahead. Haven't gone anywhere on a trip in 10 years. A lot of people don't seem to be really living, it's almost like we're in this collective state of limbo.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what i think is, about people who know all this, and still worship their automobile and attempt to persuade others to do so.

everyone wants industry to change, and indeed change IS needed, but very few are willing to face and accept changing the market they keep creating for keeping everything that is wrong, the same.

in this case, its more about keeping the generating of electrical energy centralized.

i just wish people would stop denying and refusing to make connections.

no amount of protest alone, is really going to solve problems, as long as people do.

9. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Yeah, I have the feeling too. I say run... it's what I'm doing...

10. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

You're able to distinguish between things in a rational manner, which is good. What is disturbing is when a large segment of the general public no longer appeals to facts and rational thinking during an event such as the Japan nuclear accident and makes blanket statements as if nothing is wrong, in spite of all the facts which show otherwise. To me, that is more disturbing in some ways than the accident itself.

11. Hedgeclipper

Where are you running? You can run from a place or run from a country, but you can't run away from the world and you can't run away from existence (short of suicide)

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sometimes i think people would rather make conditions to complain about then to stop making them. people are really dumb, to have the subconscious fear, that if they don't keep things screwed up, they'll run out of things to complain about.

nuclear is not the alternative to oil and coal, not when for profit motivates cutting corners that insure accidents will happen. we've got bigger problems ahead then whinning about this one now.

problems we don't have to keep making bigger.

13. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

It's interesting because, I hang out with a bunch of Lakota (Sioux) Indians who walk the Red Road (as I do)--i.e. follow their traditional spirituality----and there has been talk by some of them for some time that there would be a 'problem with the water.' But in a recent House Ceremony (a spirit calling ceremony) late last year spirits said that there is already a natural cure for the problem---and there are Natives in South America who know that cure.

I have been told on my Hanblechiya (Vision Quest) that as long as we respect Mother Earth it will provide all we need.

But having said all that---you guys are experiencing the Post-Modern Crisis---an existential crisis in its own right. I am positive that we will resolve it, and as we do, humankind will move onto its next level of existence---just as we moved from the feudal age into the Industrial Age.

But the real change, I think, is more long term----and we may not see it fully take shape even in our lives---but change happens faster today, so who knows.

Remember it is always darkest before the dawn. Even Nietzsche, who predicted an age of Nihilism----and yes, you guys are all expressing a sense of nihilism---saw the rise of an ubermensch (we often translate as Superman) rising up from the quagmire of a broken and defeated humanity.

14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

+rep......:)

Cheers Glen.

15. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Not just the natives in South America know the cure for a healthy Earth. It is pretty obvious to anyone; human must be gone from it.

16. Mountain Valley Wolf

This centralization is part of the Industrial Age mode of planning/thinking/structuring/understanding the world. In short, everything was designed after a factory, or more correctly as a machine. This goes from a factory to an office, to a school, to even orchestras----Alvin Toffler goes further into this in his book, The Third Wave.

I feel that the information age---especially as we begin to understand the world more in a quantum manner---as opposed to the Newtonian (Mechanical) and Relativistic zeitgeists of our past---will break down this mechanical and centralized structure that we see the world as. The internet is already creating a multiplistic network of people that is structured more like a quantum relation between a myriad of subatomic particles than the fixed structure of a block of mass, or a crystal or even a factory or machine with a centralized hierarchy or structure. Granted, the internet also exemplifies the phoniness of the world around us, and creates a myriad of false realities, and is a very powerful tool of manipulation that has taken away even more of our humanity than did the older methods available to the Industrial Age powers of control and manipulation (i.e. the Spectacle, as these media, advertising, and entertainment powers of control and manipulation have been labelled. The Spectacle is far more powerful and all-consuming today). But every change brings both good and bad forces and elements with it. And in time, those good, and even some of those bad forces, will break down the traditional divisive and programmed zeitgeist of duality, and replace it with a more natural multiplistic mode of thought---and this will play a part in developing a new paradigm of living.

17. Mountain Valley Wolf

No, no---that is contrary to an indigenous concept of the universe----everything is related and plays a part to the universe---there are good and bad forces---but not in a dualistic good vs evil manner----instead we must seek a balance between the myriad of forces, and that is when everything happens in a good way---wichoni washte---a good life.

The cure I am talking about---is to purify the water. I don't know if the radiation from the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant is the problem----but the prophecy was for a serious problem concerning water, and spirits said not to worry---Mother Earth will provide a cure, and it is these Natives in South America that know it.

18. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I'm not worried and just staying where I am and getting on with my life.The military-industrial complex will protect us as along as it sees a profit in it...(Sarcasm?...)

p.s. I've already been fucked for a long time and that hasn't stopped me yet.Life goes on.

19. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

While I completely agree that Mother Earth will find a way, or a cure. I am not so sure it is the most profitable cure for humanity. I do believe however that the Earth will outlast humans by quite a few billion years.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  20. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Running is a state of mind.You don't necessarily have to physically remove yourself.It's the places you go to in your mind and the decisions you make to not let the bullshit get you down.To practise self-determination.That's the kind of running I'm doing,whilst remaining for the most part physically in one place.