You Ever Lost Your Artistic Abilities?

Discussion in 'Art' started by chirchri, May 23, 2017.

1. chirchri

chirchri Members

Basically, I have been quite depressed for a long time, and I always felt an urge to express myself while I was , but since that pressure's gone , and i'm "happy", I just do not feel like I can create anything .
    Anyone here ever experienced something like this??
    Thanks for your time..

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Wouldn't Give A "Rats Ass" About Your Artistic Slump.......If You Have Kicked Depression, Then

That Is Fantastic...... I'm Sure Your Passion For Art Will Emerge Again In Time..... :)

Cheers Glen.

2 people like this.
  3. chirchri

chirchri Members

hah, maybe i need to see a doctor?

4. I don't know. I haven't painted or drawn anything in a long time. Not that I ever really worked hard on it, but I was always decent. I still make songs, but like...I posted on a song on my Facebook which is supposed to be filled with family and friends. I thought I did a really good job but nobody gave me a thumbs up. So maybe I have lost my talent, but I still enjoy doing stuff and that's all that really matters. Other people don't like it they can eat it.

5. chirchri

chirchri Members

Don't care too many things , at least i did, just be yourself . I suppose people learned you is few..

6. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I've been sketching and drawing since I was a tot.

They were mostly ideas and thoughts on paper but always considered as art to me. No color, just black n white. The #2 pencil and the "Pink Pearl Eraser" on white paper were my tools.

Sketching and drawing is in my blood.
    Even having been through the good, the bad, and the ugly, I'll never stop.

Keep trying to find it chirchri. It's there somewhere.

7. chirchri

chirchri Members

Many thinks , I m glad to keep on as before.

8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

At least you're good at it. My artistic abilities extend only to things that can be created using a compass and ruler.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

some artists say they feel more creative when they are stressed/sad. some say they need to emotionally pump themselves up before doing it. guess it's just a human thing. I sometimes get creative when i feel like everything is falling apart, but i realize what specifically sparks it is my desire to form something strong, concrete, stable out of the chaos and madness I feel.

1 person likes this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I have artistic imagination but am not really an artistic person.
    I think of good stories to write, good songs to write, the music that goes with them etc. I have things I want to draw and visions to recreate but I don't know where to start on any of it.

I'm not good with instruments. Not good with a pen or pencil. Not good at painting unless it's like color by numbers or I've traced something to begin with. I can't create anything from nothing.

It sort of bothers me too, to have so much imagination and to be as creative as I am and yet know that I don't have artistic skill behind me.

1 person likes this.
  11. StellarCoon

How much effort have you put into these?

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Never been depressed but the creative urge comes and goes.

I never do anything with the stuff I create, it just sits around the house.........for years.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Quite a bit. Well depends on the artistic endeavor. I've tried instruments a number of times, I really want to give the violin a try..

I've tried to draw for years I only can do dorky cartoon faces... on the other hand my artisism in rúnekraft is top notch, but I wouldn't really call that artistic.

Sometimes I come out of the garage or shower with a beat and a rap and well I think it's the most awesome thing ever, but I forget to write it down a lot lol.

One thing I have going for me is my writing where a lot of people tell me I have a fun style and when I do go on with stories they can be fun and entertaining and I can write, but I've tried writing a book and just couldn't get anywhere yet near everyone I tell about my ideas for books they say they're really good they're just very complex and I'm confident enough to say that, I'm not entirely educated enough to write about what I want to write about considering I already piss people off with my complete uneducated ramblings as it is, I don't think they'll take too kindly to any fiction I would write though, fiction is fiction I guess so it could be right up my alley.

I am in working progress though with a book now I have the title, I have what it's about, I know what I want to write but I cannot start it I don't know where to begin. I got 90% of the book in my mind but not chapter one.

1 person likes this.
  14. StellarCoon

Never? Nice to hear.

15. MeAgain

Not to any degree.

1 person likes this.
  16. DJammies

DJammies Members

Sounds like you had to be in a certain mind set in order to be expressive? But I don't think you ever lose your artistic abilities. It's still there. Just need to channel it to when you're in a better mood.

But as someone mentioned earlier, glad to hear you're no longer depressed and hopefully no longer need to depend on that to be artistic/creative. :)

17. chirchri

chirchri Members

Many thanks

18. chirchri

chirchri Members

It looks so lovely . You definitely have talent.

19. MeAgain

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. chirchri

chirchri Members

Better me ,thanks for caring.