Yoko

Discussion in 'Art' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 14, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

anyone seen her art show? I saw Yes Yoko Ono at the AGO a bit ago. Kick ass :D So amazing, her ideas are so, just.. wow. lol
    my mom thought it was dumb.

2. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I saw the lennon art show, which was absolutely insane, i did'nt know she had one of her own though

3. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

What were these shows like? :) I've never been to one.

4. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

well it was like an art exhibit, but there were a couple vids playing, and yoko's music was in the background. She had some amazing shit though, like a glass hammer and metal nail.... and a ladder with a magnifying glass and then you look through the glass and it says 'yes' just so much positivity from her work.

5. backtothelab

the lennon show was cool, everyone was high. I was high. Tons of his sketches and poems. He had a really neat one, that was a song, but all the notes were people. There were also his origional lyrics he wrote, like all origional and stuff. There were some yuppies there though, which kinda un-cooled it. This one guy was'nt even looking at the art, just walking around staring at the price list for all the different stuff, man did i not like that guy. I'm sure if JL was there, he'd boot his ass out the door. I liked all his stuff; i still have the brochure from when i went, if anyone wants to see.

6. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Awesome! I'd love to see something like that! Both Yoko's and John's exhibits!

I'd love to see your brochure, if it's no problem. :)

7. backtothelab

well, it appears that in the process of uploading, nothing occured quite frequently, so I'm sorry to say that it is doubtful that the brochure will be up tonight

8. backtothelab

Well, here they are
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Aww, well that's okay! Thanks for even taking the time to do it. :)

10. givepeaceachance

givepeaceachance Member

At the DIA in Detroit, Yoko has an art peice in the front of the museum. It's a train car that is shot up with bullet holes and some of her music plays from the inside of it. Crazy.

11. sonik

sonik Member

I saw the lennon show a few years ago. Really cool stuff.

as for yoko..... *bites tounge*

:cool:

12. FatherMcKenzie

FatherMcKenzie Member

She has come up with some pretty interesting art "pieces" though. I watched a video about her (well a segment about her + readin) in an art history class, and it showcased some of her really off the wall exhibits.

Like one of them is (appx.) 21 small canvases with some japanese writing on each and they translate to instructions for making art, one of the instructions was simply :make a paint, burn it, photograph the smoke,
    and another was: make a painting xerox it and then destroy the original.

and some were interactive-
    There was an exhibit that invited the viewr to climb to the top of a latter and with a magnifine glass (hangin from teh ceiling) and look at some small painting.
    Thers more that i cant quite recall but i did earn a huge level of respect for her that i didnt before, cause of her meddlin with the balance of the beatles (which was on the downhill anyway)

13. sleeping jiva

sleeping jiva Member

I liked her song Kiss Kiss Kiss it is a B-side of John's Just starting over from the Double Fantasy album. Was it called Double fantasy? That was a really cool song, just gasping , sighing and then the singing was like really good. kind of punk, whereas John's piece was just classical, but good though kind of tune.

14. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

I saw a couple of her pieces at The 60's exibit in the Montreal art gallery...It was really neat a Sky camera from the show when she met John I think...really cool stuff... [This has nothing to do with Yoko's art I just needed to add that the exibit was amazing and the last thing you saw before you left was Janis Joplin's beautiful car...wow]