Yoga in the rain

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by DiffKettleOfFish, May 12, 2004.

1. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

My ashtanga class has our class outside lately because the weather's been so nice. Well today it was SO humid, we were dripping sweat. When we got to shoulderstand that sky turned dark and all of a sudden it started pouring rain. It was so wonderful. I felt so full of joy, all I could do was laugh. It was the best yoga experience I've ever had... doing yoga in the rain. We stayed out there in the rain and finished the class. I felt so connected to everything... it was beautiful. Nature and yoga inspire joy!

Tell me your stories of joyful yoga!

2. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

It sounds beautiful. Unfortunately I do yoga in my living room which believe it or not sheds no light on life. I'd love to take a yoga class that took place outside.

3. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Meditation or yoga in a natural setting is harmonizing and a wonderful way to just practice.

I love the sound of water so if I can not be outside then I try to bring elements indoors. That includes plants as they cleanse the rooms and just bring life in.

Was wonderful to read your pleasure in the natural and the peace that it brought you :)

4. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

I relly enjoy it when it is raining outside and I can hear the rain on the roof while in corpse pose

5. vnc

vnc Member

i love doing sirshasana (headstand) in nice parks.

i actually sort of remember doing it in a parking lot, drunk, yesterday night. fortunately i don't remember the pain :)

-vincent

6. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

I'd love to do that! That post was gorgeous!

7. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

agreed.

8. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

I agree.

9. myself

myself just me

I never did yoga in the rain, but I would like to try it some day.

10. Tamee

Tamee naked

I almost cried. :) good job. I bet it was awesome, being in the shoulderstand position when it started to rain. pretty beautiful.