Yippee – I’m all booked and the countdown is on!

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by rogga, Feb 16, 2008.

1. skitfin

skitfin Member

Pink Floyd is now a Dampkring (still a good place, but busier) and Barney's doesn't do the breakfast in the coffeeshop anymore. they have a shitty overpriced restaurant across the street. (i used to work at Barneys, it is not a respectable organization, in my opinion. i was counting down the days until my contract was up.)

Grey Area, Any Day, Media, Hill St. Blues, Dampkring... are all great coffeeshops right now. Quality varies greatly, and the Cannabis Cup results are not a great indicator of what to look for during the rest of the year.

just a few thoughts.

2. LsuMykuL

LsuMykuL Member

Im staying at Damrak Inn does anyone know much about that place? good or bad? pricy or cheap? average or upscale? the internet can be misleading and would rather prepare myself for the stay. Altho ill be so high i wont really care, im just curious ;). Thanks!

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Well sorry to say it has had some awful reviews. Now saying that I can say I have never stayed there myself. My Wife is cool going with me to A'Dam since she is not a smoker, but my trade off is nice hotels for her. Doesn't matter to me so if I was going with my mates I would not care so much. I recommend to go to tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews.

Now you will get good & bad on most places but the Damrak Inn is rated #283 out of 324 hotels and really only 305 hotels are really rated the others have no ratings. I know the hotel is not the main reason we go to Amsterdam and it won't make or break a trip, but it matters. More to some than others. However from the reviews if I could switch if I were you I would. Mice, people have been robbed, reports of hotel scamming them, not recommended by any of the 32 people who reviewed it on tripadvisor.com. Sorry to give you the bad news but maybe you can do something about it now and save the troubles later.

4. scousertommy

scousertommy Member

I was worried for our Hotel like you are and had read shite reviews but we were sound. Hotel Manofa it was but got back yesterday and i have to say the hotel was great. Basic but clean and tidy.