yikes

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Fractual_, May 16, 2004.

1. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

so my uncle has been staying with me and my mom for the past week or so... living in the garage.

today they go grocery shopping, and my curiosity gets the best of me and i go to check out his room in the garage.

low and behold, i find a little bit of pot on the table.. and on the floor i see a wee little baggy. i pick it up to find a little bit of white powder, and taste it. low and behold, my tongue goes numb, confirming my intuition. so again i get curious, and go through is pockets to find what i think is a crack pipe in an empty ciggerate box. about a 3 inch metal tube with some black scentless stuff it. not very comforting finds.

so later that day, im upstairs trying to take a nap. and i hear a loud noise and some screaming. as im walking down i hear him say 'your one fucked up bitch' and then he storms out to the garage

so i follow him askin him wat the hell his deal was. he tells me its grown up shit. so i told him i found the coke bag lying on the floor, and the herb on the table, and how he doesnt have a right to be pullin all this shit after all my moms been doin for him. and he trys to tell me the coke was pot. i told him he was full of shit, and he tells me hell put his foot up my ass.

so i talk to my mom, and i find out he had asked her for a paint brush or paint or something. she gets skeptical, and asks what he needs it for, because she knows he has a porch job tommoroe, not a painting one. and he blows up, throws a beer can at the wall... about which time i had came downstairs.

i also heard im say ill be outta here by tonight...

and like a minute later he comes back in talking about he has no where to go.

man i really dont know what to make of all this... any advice on handling this would be very cool.

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Why would he need a paintbrush? And why would she be suspicious of him asking for one?? I can't think of any other use for a paintbrush besides painting, unless I'm an idiot....

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

im not even sure thats what it was.

but i think he may have been trying to pawn it.

4. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Fratual, can't get much dough for a paintbrush... unless it is certified to have been used by Michaelangelo when he painted the Sistine (sp) Chapel!

What can you do? What you have done. Talked to your Mom, told her what you found. Unless you're paying the mortgage, that is. If you're doing that, you can give your uncle the Heave-ho. If you're not, then just what you've done. It is adult stuff. It's between your Mom and your uncle. With you stuck right up in there. Sure wish it was different for you. Sometimes adults don't act very adult-ish.

5. HappyHaHaGirl

Pawn a paintbrush? WTF?

6. teepi

teepi living my dream

Hey Alex,

Shame on you for snooping!!!

Ok now that I've said that... I would go to your mom (in private) when he's not around, and tell her of your concerns, if he's that unstable, does she really want him in her house and around her son??
    Is she "helping" him or enabling him???
    Just let her know you're concerned for her safety and yours.

Then LET IT GO.
    Let them handle it, put in your 2 cents then back away.

DON"T get into a screaming match with him, that's just fueling the fire, remain calm at all times, be the calm....if things get too heavy, make sure you tell your mom where your going and leave for awhile,
    sounds like he's got some problems to work out for himself and you are not responsible for that.

Hey..you ever go to Willoughby Spit???
    I love the beach there, when I was growing up it was never too crowded.Could always get into a good head place there.
    I miss Norfolk sometimes,
    teepi

7. imhip

imhip Member

^ Like Yaaaa!

What planet you from?????

[​IMG]

8. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i wasnt exactly snooping... the pot was right there on the table, and the coke bag on the floor.

willoughby spit, is that in ocean view?

9. earthfog

earthfog Member

I know most people here are prety pro drug, but if you are a mature man, no place to live except your sisters garage, and have to scramble the day before a job to get a paint brush or somthing.

Well it is time to put down the crack pipe and get your life togeather

10. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

I hope beyond hope he doesn't get violent. but, if he does, go to the cops. They might be able to get him some help. Sounds like he needs it!

11. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i hope so too...
    and i agree, i think he needs help too!

i wouldnt hesitate to call the cops at this point... i just hope he moves out soon.

he practically ignored me and my mom this morning. i just kept hearing what he said to my mom yesterday in head and couldnt get over how fucked up that was, and how bad my mom must have felt. my mom does a lot for him, givin him a place to stay for free, where he has his own garage to blow all the dope he wants to in, free beer, and money when he does chores. and he has the nerve to pull this shit!

12. teepi

teepi living my dream

I was teasing about the snooping, if he left it in plain sight and you still use the garage, then its his fault.

Yeah, the spit is at the end of West Ocean View, like when you go throught the tunnel to Hampton.
    The beach down there was so nice and quiet, I lived down there for awhile when I was 16 and would go out to the little pier at the marina and fish.
    Used to go to Harrisons pier out there too, but that place was crowded.

I know its hard to sit back and watch whats going on with your uncle but getting into fights with him will do no good.
    Hopefully your mom can talk him into getting some help.
    I agree with Matt if it ever comes down to violence get out and call the cops.
    Yeah, grown man, living in sisters garage, he needs help alright.
    Good luck with this Alex, and see what that evil crack can do to your life???

teepi

13. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

for the first time someone calls me by my real name on this forum!

that sounds nice, but i think its a ways away, 30 minutes or so. i havent been to ov in years.

i doubt he will ever be talked into help.. hes a so called free spirit. i actually tryed talking my mom into letting me pack up his stuff and just toss it on the porch, but she said she will make sure he is gone by tonight. i sure as hell hope so...

14. HappyHaHaGirl

When someone calls me by my first name, I'm not sure if they're talking to me or not....

15. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i have that problem sometimes at school, there was 4 alexs in my photography class.

16. DragonLady

DragonLady Member

I think your mom needs to kick him to the curb. He's bad news.

17. TessLA

TessLA Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

personally I'm not pro drug's but pro - natural choice??? does that make sense...:)
    But I believe(partially from experience with pll I know or knew that did "powder") PPl that do that while living off family and friends only go down hill and he'll take your mom and you with um' if he can......nobody likes going down alone.
    Pawn a paintbrush?? how old are you;-) maybe he wanted paint thinner??