YIKES, social anxiety

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by psychedelicg1rl, Mar 20, 2010.

1. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i'm agoraphobic and have severe social anxiety. it comes in waves. one thing that worked for me was having the assurance of a pill in my pocket in case i lost it entirely. most times i never have to take it, simply knowing it's there if i freak out is enough.

2. psychedelicg1rl

psychedelicg1rl Member

thanks mamakcita! I am getting more xanax this week, so for times I cant smoke weed, or have it on me. I think I will just carry the one pill in my pocket and see how that works. the relatives went pretty well, except for a few times when I had to run upstairs to breathe, bc it is was too much.

3. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i loathe xanax completely, though. it knocks me unconscious. i keep a low dose ativan on me and try starting out with half of it when i start getting tunnel vision and that boiling stomach feeling. also, remember, if you feel panic coming on, it's only adrenaline, and it will pass biologically in ten minutes. it really helps.