Yikes! I'm bleeding!

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by HappyHaHaGirl, Nov 28, 2004.

1. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I was using the Nuvaring birth control thing for about eight months, but quit taking it in August because, although it was the greatest thing in the world and I loved it, I couldn't afford it. I went to the lady doctor last month, and she felt sorry for me and gave me a bunch of free samples of this one kind of pill, which I've been reluctant to try, because I have a hard time keeping the schedule.

Anyway, she told me to start the Sunday after my next period, so I did. I've done really well so far about taking it the same time every day and stuff... but about two weeks after I started it... last Tuesday, actually, I started kind of spotting, and it's still going on. Just a little bit a day, but it's not something that's ever happened before, and I don't know if it's the pill or what. I know I'm not pregnant, but I can't think of anything else it would be. I'm not supposed to start my period for another two weeks, and I don't know if this is a result of the pill, or something that will mess it up. :eek: Help!

2. al_from_mn

al_from_mn Member

3. lynsey

lynsey Banned

are you having a lot of sex? I have noticed that I bleed a little if it's frequent?

4. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

Its just that the amount of hormone in the pill you are taking is probably not the right one for you. I used to be on one called norimin and i would get a full period every two weeks.

I know its frustrating but I suggest sticking to the pill you're for a few more months, your body might adjust. Thats what my doc suggested to me... but I'm impatient and decided "Fuck that"

5. HappyHaHaGirl

haha...no, I hardly ever have sex these days.... that's why I was kind of hesitant to take the pill in the first place. It just seemed kind of pointless and I didn't want a whole bunch of responsibility for nothing... but I figured I might be glad I did it later.

Thanks! I'll check out that link.

6. mrs_eads80

mrs_eads80 Member

It'c called breck through bleeding. It's very common with any type of hormonal birth control. It is normal, but if it is presistant, or really bothers you, go see your doctor. I had this problem with the Depo shot. The first 3 months I didn't have a pierd, but after that I bleed every day. Most of the time just spotting. Needless to say though I changed my BC.

7. HappyHaHaGirl

So, do you think I need to change then? Because it's been like a week now... I'm just hesistant to call the doctor, because she gave me like a year's worth of free samples of this kind, because she felt sorry for me... haha... And I'm worried that I won't be able to afford whatever she has to replace it with. :*(

8. HappyHaHaGirl

Okay... I guess what I really wanted to know is if this is bad and if it will ever stop.... do I need to call the doctor and get my BC changed? There's not a whole lot of bleeding, but it's just enough to be annoying and it's been like two weeks. It's nuts! :)

9. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

those are the reasons i dont take any birth control anymore it fucks you up!

10. Applespark

I bAfter being on the pill and another and preg and depo and pill im dun with bc....i feel so much happier without it

11. HappyHaHaGirl

I miss my Nuvaring, but it was like forty bucks a month, so I had to quit... :(

12. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

are you in post secondary at all? Some places subsidize medications, including birth control. I only spend $7 (Canadian) for three months of birth control because my university subisidizes it (normally $30)

13. Applespark

dang thats a deal!

With full coverage at kaiser years back I payed 5 dolars per pill pack..it would tell me on my recipt that I saved almost 100$ per pack. when I was on medical I had to pay 20 per pack.

14. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

haha, unless you are bleeding a ton, or it's driving you nuts, i'd keep taking the pills, and give it some time. lots of bc pills initially cause breakthrough bleeding, but it may eventually stop. if you can stand it, give it a couple of months.

also, have you tried planned parenthood to see what bc pills would cost you there? they used to go on a sliding scale, being free if you had no income. then last time i went, i had to pay a flat rate. (i can't remember how much it was, anyway it was several years ago.) it was still cheaper than paying full price though.