yet another post about gays and the bible

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by tom, May 26, 2004.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

That's pretty hard core.

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I heard that the Bible only condemned homosexuality because there was a goddess whose "priests" were very efeminate guys that "partook" in homosexual activities....there is no mention of female homosexuality in the Bible, that I know of... I believe the Bible to be more about teaching lessons than telling actual history, so the condemnation of gay men, along with most of the other sins mentioned, is more of a way to wipe out other religions than it is an actual way of going to Hell... do you get what I'm talking about? I have the hardest time getting serious things across on here... :rolleyes:

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've heard something similar to that too, although I've never come across it. It's probably from an outside text of the bible...

4. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i would be careful you too, C youve already be critised for saying something challenging in here and being a witch, so you and Happy had better not rock the boat to much, as i get the feeling that they're not that interested in hearing what we have to say

S

5. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

Nice passive-aggresive insult post Samhain.

6. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

if God didn't want gay people to have sex, why did He give them assholes?

7. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

somewhere in the "old testament" laws it is stated that being disrepectful towards your parents is a capital crime...

so...
    don't you be sassin' yer elders, y'hear ?

8. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Senior Member

9. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I am interested...that's why I contributed my little piece of trivia...just because I didn't agree with you word for word or whatever doesn't mean I'm just here to start something... :(

10. Samhain

Fair enough let me be quite clear about this;

earlier on in the thread someone made the comment, that people on here shouldn't take notice of the views of a witch or a freemason, i think thats disrespectful and discounts views that may be seen as different to the general attitude and doesn't make me feel inclined to add a point of view.
    and as no one said to this person that they thought he was being narrow minded it encourages further comments and makes the people who feel differently in the minority.

as for the comment about age, respect doesn't come with a number it has to be earnt.

have I made myself clear even if people don't agree with me this time, because if i haven't i don't know how else to say it.
    in my experince people become passive aggressive when they feel that they are not being listened too, so next time you encounter it, reflection on why that person wishes to express themselves in that way may be useful

S

11. ChiefCowpie

and freemasons are hardly unchristian...they built all the fabulous christian catherdrals of europe

12. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

So the original group of Free Masons were made up of some Catheral builders.. 'therefore' they could not possibly be unchristian?

Wow. so smart :rolleyes:

13. ChiefCowpie

correct and the witches knew all types of healing herbal remedies to heal the sick of which they were quite open and active...as well a christian activity until their persecution of which an estimated 8 million by some accounts were killed

14. Samhain

mmmm its not surprising that some of us witches may end up being passive aggressive when felt discounted in a christian forum, especially after the history between us.
    its a shame we can't try and lrean from that and try and be more gentle with each other now......

S

15. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

There is no estimate of 8 million.
    This is a myth.

Unfortunately a bunch of assholes got into power positions in Europe and began executing anyone they thought 'Rebels'.
    This INCLUDED any Christians who didn't say the right things and, people practicing witchcraft.
    (and im sure anyone else not with the program)

The problem is that too many people are trying to 're-define' history in order to gain for themselves 'Victim Status' rights and privilages.
    This includes 'emotional justification' privilages that so many Wiccan-types yearn for.

Believe it or not - some Feminists have even tried to bolster the figures to 11 million then cleverly 're-define' it into the 'Feminist Holocaust'.

Anyway.. the best article I can find on the internet is at
    http://www.holocaust-history.org/~rjg/witches.shtml

You have to excuse me because I believe its essential to cultural health to keep as accurate a record of history as possible.
    Deliberately creating false history is a sure sign we will repeat the same lessons again out of ignorance.

(not saying ChiefPie deliberatley did so... I have no doubt he heard that in the various propaganda rumours others put out)

16. ChiefCowpie

one million?

two million?

three million?

four million?

five million?

or is it more important to point out beliefs ascribed to a God who holds women as second class citizens?

17. Samhain

I completely agree with you chief, also its impossible to prove how many people died and from what faiths they are from so argueing over figures and facts in an attempt to discredit other religions is a moot point.
    and further more it doesn't really matter, because people died and paved the way for people to practice religion in their own way today, out of respect for them we should be more open and less judgemental about others beliefs, if we can master this (albeit a big if) then we may not repeat our past mistakes, because people have died and suffered when others believe that their beliefs are right and others are wrong.

S

18. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

Ahh yes.. unless you are a completely uncaring asshole then it makes a huge difference if its 60,000 or 11 million.

It makes a huge difference to 10 million people who WERE NOT burned at a stake.

Pointing out beliefs which YOU ascribe to beliefs about a God holding women as second class citizens might be important but NOT KILLING 10 million people IS pretty important too.

We are allowed to address both the fake story of 10 million women being killed
    AND
    Also
    Discuss your false belief that Christians believe women are second class citizens.

BTW.. a good percentage of people executed were males and many were Christians NOT Witches.
    Its unlikely that many of the 'Witches' were even Witches either.

From Samhain:
    " also its impossible to prove how many people died and from what faiths they are from so argueing over figures and facts in an attempt to discredit other religions is a moot point."

Well sorry to tell you this but it is possible to demonstrate 11 million witches could not have been burned at the stake.
    While no one has a time-machine to go back and find video-taped 'proof' this is not a good reason for you to just 'create a number' and tell others that 10 million people were killed simply because 'it feels fun to imagine it and no one will know anyway'.

The people attempting to discredit other religions with unlikely facts and figures are the fakes who keep saying '11 million' witches were killed.

Are YOU suggesting that a huge (unprovable) number is CREDITING witchcraft?
    Therefore
    Any attempts to suggest its untrue is an attempt to 'Discredit' Witches?

Please answer?

19. Samhain

Brockton you seem quite aggressive with your answers on here sometimes, however maybe i'm mistaken and your just passionate about your subjects.

I don't claim any number people died in the past, a lot of people where killed and tortured as witches, although common sense says that they probably did not practice witchcraft (at least not the type of witchcraft wiccans practice today) but where people that where deemed a threat to the status quo or where seemed as a bit odd, i'm really only familar with the incident at Salem, and when the girls accused the other people of being magic users and witches, probably none of them where.

I don't harp on about the burning times, however for all the people who have died or been harmed for their religious ideas, or percieved religious ideas, particualry those who where punished as being witches whether they where or not, I feel paved the way for me to practice my religion in the way I wish to.

and to remember those that have gone before I try and practice it to the best of my abilities.

I see no point in argueing about how many died and for what, one person is too many. its more important that we try and lrean from our past mistakes and honour other peoples religios ideals even if it may be different to ones own, or if we can't do that at least leave others alone, providing they are not hurting others

S

20. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

What paved the way for your religious freedom were hundreds of thousands of Christians who rose up against the Status Quo (payed heavy prices for it) then created new societies in which there was a separation of Church and 'State'.

For the record - I think it horrifying that so many people got burned at the stake for practicing 'unofficial' religion.
    This is all the more reason not to make a mockery of their deaths by re-writing history and greatly exaggerating how many were executed.

There have been enough problems with the Protestant groups exaggerating history, Catholics doing the same and now we have Wiccan and feminists making the same 'grab' for a piece of the pie too.
    Meanwhile, no one is talking about what really happened.

But your right Sam.. Im passionate about it.
    I get aggressive with ChiefCowPie only because he deliberately floats into threads and slides in 'cute' passive-aggresive assertions
    (which he knows are insulting to the average poster)

I dont think that is your intention but honestly, to my knowledge Wicca has never been oppressed by anyone in the western world.