Yesterday I Was Carded To Buy A Feckin Movie

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mariecstasy, May 14, 2004.

1. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I got carded buying cigarettes for my female the other day. The cashier also made me turn to the side and looked at my picture for 3 minutes. Finally I said, come on lady, I´m 31.....

Maybe it is flattering but it also annoys the hell out of me. I hate showing my ID so often.

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

it annoys me too. i never get carded to buy alcohol. but cigs... i get carded every time and i'm almost 7 yrs. above the legal age.

3. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Maybe you should quit smoking.

4. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

i have gotten used to it. i do take it in stride sometimes. but hell i was just buying a movie. lol

5. didge

didge Member

ahah! i reckon that could get annoyin at times...but when yer older, it'll be a compliment!

my ma, always blushes and giggles when folk tell her she looks like my sister...which! she does, she's 48 and i tell ya, she really dont look older than 38, must be all those facial creams she uses...

people tell me i look older, sometimes,..ive never had a problem with gettin inta bars, or whatever, since i was bout 15., thas never been a problem..

but i think i look my age:)

6. DoDaMan

DoDaMan Member

You might not like the fact that you look young now, but in 20 years you'll love the fact you look younger than you are.........

~namaste~

7. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

Up until last year i could get into the cinema on a kid's ticket. wouldn't try my luck anymore tho!
    I get carded at LEAST once whenever i go out. The legal age in Aus is 18 too!

It probably doesn't help that i dress like most 4 year olds do. and aint much bigger either!

8. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I'm 25 and I've been told that I look like I'm still in highschool, which sux when I go to bars and stuff... I used to hate looking younger but I've gotten used to it.

9. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

If I'm clean shaven, I usually look younger than 23. I remember one time at a family reunion three years ago, some relatives thought I was 14 or 15, which shocked the pants off me. Last year, I was on a cruise and in this loungue, which had to be 18 to be in. The waitress hassled me about my age, but she did it in a nice way. The next day, I was ready to show her my ID, but she said she remembered me.

10. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

i find facial hair helps you look older

you should invest in a fake beard and/or mustache marie

or start taking hormones

11. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

same here, 33 and get carded still