Yes!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by HippieAdrien, Apr 20, 2007.

1. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

good news everyone! my parents finally gave in. tomarrow, at 3pm, i will be getting dreads. i'm so excited. i'm ganna be awake all night probably. oh, man this is eciting. anyway, thought i'd share the good new. wish me luck! peace and love

adrien

2. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

Remember to post pictures, and congratulations! Hope it's an amazing experience. :)

3. shedtroll

shedtroll Peace, Love & Linux

Awesome! Congratulations.

4. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

congratulations!

5. erizoe

erizoe Member

Very cool, how did you convince them? for me it was my mom saying "I am going to let you but only because I think you are just doing this to bug me" 7 months later....

but back to you, amazing! are you going to 'do them' yourself? post pictures when you get back =D

6. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

part of how i convinced my mom to let me was she believed that you could never wasdh them. ever. so i told her you could and then my brother got dreads and after she saw how nice his were, she said yes. but part of our agreement was i had to get them done by a hair sylist person. so i went. only 60 bucks so not bad. but anyway, here’s some before and after pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope you guys like them. i know i do.

7. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

Adrien...are those dreads or twists? I mean, what method did the stylist use?

They look awesome..but they look a little twisty/swirly.

8. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

they look fucking sweet, whatever they are. if they're twists just leave 'em be and let them do their thing...unless she used styling product to do it up.......

but whatever, they look scrumptious! :)

9. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

not sure exactly what the stylist did. but she backcombed it. and then twisted. and so far, i've showered, i've slept on them etc...and they havn't even started to come out at the ends. my brother had his done the same way and he's had his for about a week and a half now and they are starting to look real good. as far as product goes, she didn't use any wax (she thinks wax is gross) all she used was a little bit of gel that is starting to wear off now and my dreads are getting a little thicker and tighter. so yeah.

10. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

next time you wash your hair, i would suggest using a apple cider vinegar mix, i usually use about a cup vinegar to about 4 cups water. it rinses a lot of crap out of your hair....

or try using that concoction someone posted here a while ago.....i'll try to find the link.....

this way you can rid of any crap that it's your hair...like geeeeel!! [​IMG]

11. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

Well if the gel is coming out your good. Have a good journey.

12. samluvsthebeatles

samluvsthebeatles Member

all i can "say" is....

:drool:

13. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

hey if i was ganna use salt water or anything. what would the ratio of salt to water be.

14. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

Idk I just put warm water into the bottle and add salt water not too much tho your scalp will die (flaky and shit)