Yech. Sty.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by toolmaggot, Apr 5, 2007.

1. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

This shit HURTS. My whole eyelid is swollen and I can't even put my contacts in. I'm glad I have emo hair and my bangs cover my eye anyway, because it's really gross looking.

It popped already, so I thought it might go away, but it's been a few days and there's no end in sight. I've been using hot compresses and everything.

I'm not going to my doctor; that lady's nuts. Any other remedies? I want it to go away already, I'm sick of not wearing makeup and looking like I just woke up from a long night of crying.

2. fitzy

fitzy Member

First of all, never pop them...that is probably why it is not healing. And after all this time, maybe you should go to the doctor. They usually clear up in a few days, but if it has persisted a week longer or more, it could be something more serious.

3. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

Ohhh, OW! I used to get styes as a kid ALL the time!

The one thing I remember my mom doing that helped with the discomfort was tossing a damp washcloth into the microwave for a few seconds, then laying that across my eye. The heat helped with the pain, and she swore it would help "draw the infection out" too. No clue if that part is true or not, but it sure helped me feel better!
    love,
    mom