yeay.. Amsterdam forum's back!

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by velvet, May 10, 2004.

1. velvet

velvet Banned

Yeaayy... one of my favorite forums is still here! Welcome everyone who's interested in this wonderfull city.. if you have questions, just ask (I'm from the Netherlands and in Amsterdam a lot).. I might not know everything, but I know a thing a or two to help you on your way.

Love!

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Hi, I live in the Netherlands too, but I know close to nothing about Amsterdam.
    If you have questions about other parts of the Netherlands, feel free to ask too.
    I might or might not be able to help out.

Love, bird.

3. velvet

velvet Banned

Hey bird migration :) I think I saw you on the Dutch forum.. where are you from? I'm from Nijmegen but I'm in Amsterdam a lot because of friends and my internship. How come you already have over a 100 posts? Did you retreive your old ones or something like that?

4. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Nee, ik post gewoon heel veel.
    Alleen meestal niet hier of op de andere Nederlandse fora, omdat daar meestal niks te beleven is.
    Ik woon zelf in de buurt van Eindhoven. Lang leve het zonnige zuiden!
    Je bent toch wel Nederlands en/of je kunt Nederlands lezen anders dan heb ik alles voor niks ingetypt natuurlijk....

5. velvet

velvet Banned

Uiteraard kan ik nederlands :) But since this particulair forum is english-based, I prefer that language. Soo.. what you are saying is that you post well over a 100 posts just in the last couple of days? That's a - lot :)

6. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Fair enough, I will type in English too then.
    Yes I did post quite a lot, but most of them are very helpful and some of them includes games.
    Also when I try to type Dutch here I betrap mezelf erop dat ik a little bit in English denk.
    Pretty fucked up, but it might be because I write more in English than in Dutch....
    I do not have that problem when I speak though.

7. velvet

velvet Banned

yeah.. I know the feeling.. my whole 'online life' is pretty much in english and also some rl friends of mine are english-speaking.. so english has become second nature for me.. I do think in english sometimes, but my dreams are still in Dutch. Had a dream in French once.. but since I don't speak French I didn't really understand it.. :)

8. RUNAMSTERDAM

RUNAMSTERDAM Member

velvet,
    where are you in school? I go to the HES but am from NY. Are you close to Oud Zuid, thats where our International students stay, we love Beers in Vondelpark and late night parties so you have to take the morning metro. drop me aline, would live to meet a sexy dutch woman, the girls here are unbelievable, high boots, short skirts, and then they ride there bikes..... Drop me one at runamsterdam@yahoo.com.... AJ( andrew jason)

9. velvet

velvet Banned

Hey ;)

I'm a university student in Nijmegen, but I do know the area Oud Zuid a little.. as I said, I'm in Amsterdam a lot. I hate to dissapoint you, but I don't wear short skirts and high boots.. I wear pants with big flares and comfortable shoes ;) And even when I did dress like you said, I don't think my boyfriend would like me to meet up with someone how's looking for a hot Dutch girl ;)

Sooo.. what made you come from NY to Amsterdam? The city I presume?

10. RUNAMSTERDAM

RUNAMSTERDAM Member

International business concentration for my BS degree. Amsterdam is central in both gegraphically and the diversity here really makes for a true Interntional experience. Well your boyfriend will be here when I am gone,so you can always have him, I'm a limited edition...... a side salad wouldn't hurt a bit.... drop me one, ciao

11. velvet

velvet Banned

lol.. that's so arrogant that it is almost cute ;) But no thanks.. even if I'd think about having a side dish, I would want a less eager one :p

12. Lani

Lani Member

Hello..i live in eindhoven aswell but i dont know a word of dutch..so you "locals" whats there to do here in Eindhoven...besides Stratumseind or whatever its called..

13. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I try to stay away as much from Eindhoven as possible.
    You can do a lot of things in Eindhoven, it really depends on your interests.

14. Lani

Lani Member

Well Im on a tight budget...and the public transport here its insanely expensive..so I dont really have the luxury to freely buz around...thats why bikes are so great!!!! Thats one thing I love about this place..bikes!! Well Eindhoven doesnt really have that big of a music scene, it seems that even the local bands always go to Tilburg or some place like that (yeah music is my interest I guess) any suggestions ??

15. velvet

velvet Banned

Move to Amsterdam ;)

..or Nijmegen :)

Both cities have a lot more to offer I think.. imho

16. Lani

Lani Member

Hehe..Im definately thinking about it, but i have to finnish of my course here (a year left) ...but when that is done im flying away..thanks for the suggetsions love :)

17. Lanstar Zero

Lanstar Zero Member

(just re-registered with a new name - not sure if I like the color scheme, yet. but i'll deal! :))

I'm going to hijack this thread a bit... I will be buying a 1-2 month Eurail pass and will be travelling throughout Europe in june-july. I have only been to Europe once (Amsterdam) but would definitely like to see more of the Netherlands over the summer. Can any of you recommend places to go in the Netherlands besides the Dam?