Yay!!!

Discussion in 'Food Allergies' started by sea of grass, Mar 15, 2007.

1. sea of grass

sea of grass Member

I'm so happy that Skip made this forum :) I'm going to post some recipes tomorrow (it's late here and I'm sleepy so I'm going to bed now) - Thanks, Skip!

-A

2. Gaston

Gaston Loup Garou

Thank you, Skip! Who knows, this forum may end up saving someone's life (or at least save them a bad experience and a trip to the Emergency Room).

3. JerryWobbles

JerryWobbles Member

I have a bad dairy allergy, It causes me to look like a crackhead, always sniffin, bloodshot eyes. yea....Baking Recipes would be wonderful...Another tip is.....look in the vegan section of these forums for recipes

4. sea of grass

sea of grass Member

Well sadly, many of the vegan recipes call for some sort of soy, which is a common food allergen (I am allergic to it myself). Conversely, I have posted two recipes today, both of which are 100% vegan! Yay!

5. Justagrrl420

Justagrrl420 Member

I just found out i'm allergic to candida (yeast)..and I really don't know if it's yeast you bake with or what..and I'm kind of lost..I'm thinking of taking bread out of my diet to see if it helps any..I've suffered with chronic ear infections, asthma, and so on and so on..i've been through so many doctors trying to figure out what's been causing my stomach problems that I'm ready to give up..

6. sea of grass

sea of grass Member

Unfortunately it's really hard to find doctors that know what they're talking about when it comes to food allergies, even some allergists aren't very thorough. Yeast is what makes bread rise, but I believe there are certain breads you can make without yeast. Quick-breads are ones you can make very quickly (hence the name) that usually do not call for yeast. They are usually very dense and filling. Also, try Ryvita crackers - they are good for making little mini "sandwiches".

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i've had a lot of luck with raw vegan cookbooks. not much soy there, or gluten!

(of course, being a paleo eater, i'll serve up a nice steak or poached salmon or whatnot along with the yummy raw vegan fare. yummm!!)