yasmin

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by tigerlily, Jan 27, 2005.

1. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

i just got on yasmin... anyway :) i was wondering if this pill has caused anybody to stop their periods... I know the depo shot generally gets rid of them (it did for me.) but on other pill methods i've always continued to have a period. (granted that was about 4 yrs ago...) i know since this is the first month i might just be all weird adjusting to it, but my period is 4 days late and well... i don't know if i'll get it while i'm taking the hormone pills (as opposed to the "sugar pills" at the end of the cycle.. i don't know what they're made of but i know they really are just reminder pills and don't have anything in them to alter your body...)

anyway, i was just wondering what ppl's experiences are with this pill... if anybody's taking it or knows... (oh and i've already been on their website, which is pretty vague and general with the possible side effects)

2. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I have had virtually no negative side effects with the pill. I've been on it for almost three years now. I have never missed a period, in fact I can tell you the exact DAY and TIME that it will start. My cramps aren't painful anymore, my emotions aren't as rollercoaster-y, and I'm a generally happier person since I've been on it.

I haven't gained any weight...in fact, I think my weight has been pretty steady since I've been on it. My boobs grew a cup size, though...that could either be a good or a bad thing *laughs*

I love Yasmin and probably will never go back to anything else. I think it's definitely a good choice. I've heard some horror stories about birth control, which initially made me nervous about getting on it, but this one is very pleasant and efficient.

TWO THUMBS UP! *giggles*

3. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

cool thanks dancerannie :D i think my boobs grew slightly too in just this month i swear they got a little bigger... thought i had gained weight, but my pants fit the same, so who knows... :eek:

4. Sunflower73

Sunflower73 Member

I've been taking it for a year now and it's just great. Absolutely no bad side effects. And my boobs grew too! They look great :D And not only that, but I've also LOST weight. When I take it, I don't have my usual cravings caused by PMS. Oh! And I used to have the WORST cramps ever, but now I just feel a bit bloated, which is normal. And my skin has cleared up a lot. In fact, I used to have 5-7 big ones pop up right before my period, but now I have not pimples whatsoever. Yasmin is a true lifesaver.

I tried Orthotricyclesomething a couple of years ago and ended up gaining 20 lbs and felt like a mess. Horrible horrible experience. I swore off the pill all together. But my doctor convinced me to take Yasmin. I'm so glad I listened to her.

5. LMoffet1

LMoffet1 Member

I've taken Yasmin before and had fairly good results with it! My sister is still on Yasmin and she loves it too. The problem I had with Yasmin was that I had some major mood swings, but this is coming from a girl that has been on 12 (yes I said 12 :rolleyes: ) different kinds of birth control. My mom is a gyno so it's pretty easy for me to get a hold of them. Anyway, I think I have to be on one that is very low in progesterone and estrogen for me to function normally. But I also have a lot of friends that have had good luck with Yasmin. If that one doesn't work out for you, then I would suggest Levlite, or it's called Lessina in the generic version. It's the only one I can take! I swear by it. Good luck!

6. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

i'm on yasmine. if you're still taking the active pills, you won't get your period.. but if you stop taking them or take the sugar pills at the end, you'll get it. if you keep taking the active pills, you can push back or dely your period (like if you don't want to be raggin' while you have a beach trip planned, for example). i usually get my period 36 hours after i stop taking the active pills, and it lasts four days (before going on the pill, it would last the full seven). i've used it to delay my period before, and when i do that, i get my period sooner than the ~36 hours it takes after not taking the active pills. all in all, my flow is a lot lighter, which i LOVE. i lost a little weight, my boobs grew, and my cramps were less.

7. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

wow... everybody lost weight and their boobs grew it seems :p this is a miracle pill! hahaha... oh yeah, and i got my period on thurs and it has lasted until today.. i think it will be gone by tomorrow since it is so light...

thanks for all your replies :D

8. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I'm on yasmin and my period was a few days late but I had one. Take a test if you're worried. I started takingit again even though I don't need to because it makes my skin clear and has some other great side effects.

9. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

yeah i'm definitely not pregnant.... hehe so no test needed. i can't wait for some good side effects :p