Yachats,Oregon

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by moominmamma, Jun 1, 2004.

1. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

I am trying to help a friend(with very little money......but lots of talent and ability) to move back to America. She would like to connect with other old hippies(she is forty seven) in the area of Yachats, and would be especially interested in any news of work and accomodation(preferably together),
    such as nannying or housekeeping. This is a very talented lady,who has worked as an artist,writer,musician,gardener and mother! She is very spiritually minded and would love to do any work involving working on the land. She misses home and is eager to return as soon as possible. Does anyone know of any communities that offer accomodation in exchange for work? Can any of you help?

love

Moominmamma:)

2. tom

tom Member

I'm in Florence, the next town south of Yachats. I'm not an old hippy, uh wouldn't really classify myself as a "hippy". But I'm open for amigos of all ages. If needs someone to play in the woods with or dig in the dirt or whatever tell her to shoot me an e-mail.

3. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

:) Tom, did you used to have the moniker "Levis Daddy" ?

Either way thanks for your offer of friendship, I will pass the message on to my friend. She is currently missing her old home very much, especially the coast. I just wish I could think of some way to help her, posting on here was the only thing I could think of,

love

Moominmamma

4. tom

tom Member

That'd be me

5. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Ah thank you for clearing that up, this old brain doesn't always twig on to the new name changes! Well my friend would I think put herself in the "old hippy" category , but as you say that is not a problem! I'll get her to give you an e-mail next time she visits me,

thanks

Moominmamma

6. laluna musica

laluna musica Guest

maybe thereĀ“s enough advice left for another brother in need. i am considering move to ashland, thereabouts in mid june. will need friends, work, lodging until settled. kinda burned out after a few really intense years in europe. lalunamusica@rock.com. blessings jesse