Ya Think?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Deleted member 159087, Jun 20, 2011.

1. danceswithrabbits

danceswithrabbits Member

I seriously need to move. This town has a reputation as a "hippie" town, and I get negative comments all the time!

2. free30

free30 Member

oh man, that sucks!! Would have thought if the town had a rep for being 'hippie' that people would be quite open minded? What sort of comments do you get? I think its so rude when complete strangers make negative comments on your appearance to your face!!

3. danceswithrabbits

danceswithrabbits Member

Me too! I wouldn't dream of shouting abuse at some random for something they were wearing, or not wearing.. or whatever. I think it's possibly that the hippies that gave the town the reputation are the older generation, and the younger one isn't so much like that. It's mainly younger people.. shouting "weirdo" etc. Mostly I don't care though.

4. dooberblaze

dooberblaze Member

Well, from what I've experienced, it's the people in their early 20's who look like they party all the time who make the most, and harshest, comments. I haven't seen that many people around my age in my High School who make a big deal of it, unless it's a joke and that person knew me for a while.

Actually, over half of the 90ish people in my school's Theatre Program prefer going barefoot. (Whether it's everywhere in public, or just around their homes/beaches/parks, I wouldn't know),

But there are those types of people who thrive on making someone uncomfortable and negatively stand out to make them look bigger than they really are. (Which might be less than 1% in my school)

5. RobWP

RobWP Member

Me too - although around here 99.999% people don't even bother saying anything at all.

Mind you, I do tend to dress a bit surf like, and am always smiling! Maybe this helps a bit. Also, I try not to make eye contact with people. Its great fun spotting the "double takers" out of the corner of my eye..tee hee!