xiu xiu

Discussion in 'Music' started by KJ is cool, May 14, 2004.

1. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

im sure not many people have heard of xiu xiu, they are really great experimental band from my home town of san jose california. for a long time they werent really known outside of the city. over the past year or so they have been getting a lot more attention.

i didnt really like them at first but having a few friends who were in love with them and always playing them the band sorta grew on me. a lot of people say you either love them or hate them which i dont think is true. i think they might just take a little while to grow on you. they dont sound like anyone else. im not sure how available their cd is in other parts of the country but i know they have a good amount of songs avialbable to download on file sharing programs. if you want to give them a listen here are a few songs i particularly like(all from their latest album fabulous muscles):

clowne towne
    crank heart
    i love the valley oh

p.s. xiu xiu is pronounced shoe shoe

2. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

I just started listening to them recently because a friend recommended them, and so far it's pretty good. It really is music that has to grow on you. The first time I heard a song I was kind of ehhh...but now the more I listen the more I enjoy it.

3. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

wow thats cool you have heard them! i was really not expecting to get any replies to this thread. give them a few more listens i bet you start to like them!

4. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

I am really getting into it. I'm glad my friend told me about them, I always love finding new good music. Definitely got it with this!