Xbox360 or PS3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The Lex, Apr 7, 2007.

1. polecat

polecat Weerd

ps3 is sick with graphics and just about everything else. But playstation controllers are so awkward compared to x-box. They are hard to hold and shitty in everyway. the controllers really bother me.

2. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

They both rule, but I'm more of an X-box 360 person.

3. snoopdoggg

snoopdoggg Member

gee, maybe in the TEN YEARS before the next gen consoles come out, both consoles will actually have great exclusives? but im just guessing on that one, considering thats how its been with every system let alone the predecessor of each of the two consoles in discussion.

4. deadheaven

deadheaven Member

PS3 has better graphics is an entirely false statement. Both systems are pretty even as far graphics go and actually if you compare games that are on both the 360 and PS3, the 360 has better shading a more vivid colors. The PS3's cell processor does give the ps3 the ability to have more on the screen at once with smoother framerates and also able to perform more complicated functions (computer AI, physics...etc.) than what the 360 can do. The problem is developer's have been pretty lazy as far as tapping that baby's full potential and feel that is too complicated to work with (Spiderman 3 on PS3 has slower frame rates than the 360 version wtf? it really shouldn't be like that lol). 360 also is much better for gamers that like to play online with friends and whatnot. Ps3 has no single network established for its system leaving it up to the developer and yes its free unlike xbox live but in the end you get what you pay for. I say the biggest selling point of the PS3 right now is that it's an inexpensive blue ray dvd player that can play some OK games or ones that have already been released months earlier on the 360. I hope PS3 gets its arse in gear next year because I'd love a reason to buy one beside it being a cheap blue ray player lol. But for now it your a true gamer who enjoys online competition and such and wants to be hit with some solid titles month after month I'd stick with the 360.

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

hey bud, consoles are realeased every five years =/

6. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

W-W-W-W-W-WIIUNIT!

if u aint down with the wii, u aint down with Mii

7. ps3illinoisdude

ps3illinoisdude Member

PS3 totally kills xbox360. i have both, but i only play the PS3 because i disconnected the 360 after a week of having the PS3.

Some reasons PS3 is better:
    1-PS3 is going to have home
    2-PS3 is a better value
    3-Playstation network is free
    4-The sixaxis is tight
    5-Can connect with the PSP
    6-Blu-ray discs(what PS3's games are on) can hold literally 6 times as much data on them than a dvd(what xbox360's games are on). That means bigger, better, more detailed games on PS3.

these are just 6 things that make PS3 best. there are alot more, i just don't feel like writing them all down. i would go on and on about why PS3 is better, but it would take too long. if you have any questions or comments about the PS3 or PSP, pm me.

btw, half of the people who voted for xbox360 havn't even used a PS3.

8. ps3illinoisdude

ps3illinoisdude Member

and also, give the PS3 some fucking time! the xbox360 has been out longer, so of course it has a better game library.

oh ya, another thing, the PS3 has firmware, unlike the xbox360, which allows for updates to the hardware, games, online network, system interface, etc.

9. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

i give wii credit for originality, and playability. but the graphics are last gen. atm i have to go with PC. but since thats on the choice ps3. 360 good too, id buy both if i could but i want no need mgs 4

10. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

"PS3 is going to have home" - whatever that means
    "PS3 is better value" - umm..no? how is it a better value? for the price of a 60 gig PS3 you get a whole XBOX 360 PACKAGE, games, controllers, etc.
    "PS3 Network is free" As is Xbox, only content is chargable
    "PS3 uses blu-ray discs" - Yes...BUT, games do not even go near using the capability, as well very few games are actually in 1080p, which u need a TV that supports it in the first place, as well Xbox360 is HD DVD capable.

PS3 has NO games, u go into a store and it's like half a rack of shit games, the Xbox360 and Wii blow the game lineup out of the water

imo the PS3 MAY eventually become better, but in the console wars currently, it's only Wii and Xbox battling it out for top spot

11. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

As always people pick apart the graphics...Wii isnt about the graphics, it's about innovation

if u want graphics, like u said, u go with a Comp

12. ps3illinoisdude

ps3illinoisdude Member

im not going to make another long post, but when i say value, i mean that for 200 dollars more, you get alot better hardware. also, about the blu ray discs, there is so much potential in them. you could fit gears of war, halo 1, halo 2, halo 3, and rainbow six all onto 1 blu ray disc. and dude, you don't buy a console for just the now. you keep it and use it for years. so ya, now you might THINK that the 360 is better, but just wait.

btw, the 360 is HD DVD compatible . . . after you buy the 200 dollar HD DVD hook up. and at that point, you could buy the 60 gb PS3 for the same price.

13. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

who's to say everything doesnt go to HD DVD instead of blu ray?

14. ps3illinoisdude

ps3illinoisdude Member

that would be stupid because a dual layer blu-ray disc (what PS3 games are on) holds 50 gb, while a dual layer hd dvd only holds 30 gb. also a regular dual layer dvd (what xbox 360 games are on) only holds 8.5 gb.

so why would everything go to hd dvd's when blu ray disc's are simply better?

15. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

because more thn than one company wants their technology to win
    Microsoft does not embrace blu ray

16. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

Gaming is the last on the priority list for the new disc format...

you actually think ANY ps3 game needs 50gb's?

all you do is include an external engine to run FROM the ps3 on it's hard drive, and for every game for the rest of the PS3's life cycle, u will not need more then 10gig storage, not to mention nearly NO games support 1080p yet, which would be the majority of that extra space on external mediums

as said above, microsoft does not back Blu Ray, nor does LG, Toshiba, and samsung

there is NOTHING that needs that amount of storage, and i dont forsee anythin in the future needing it either, which is why, in a battle of consoles, the Blu Ray argument for PS3 is highly subjective.

17. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

i think of ps3 like a future proof console. 360 is kl now, ps3 just came out, i reckon in a year ps3 will be alot better.

i future proofed my ram- 4gbs, then i found out xp only uses 2max, so now im waiting for crysis. then getting vista then w/e. fuck i need a 880 gtx

18. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

19. ps3illinoisdude

ps3illinoisdude Member

first of all, video games are a major priority.
    second, blu-ray is already highly backed by many other brands and studios.
    third, any game could use those extra gb for graphics, length, depth, etc.
    fourth, samsung has already built a blu-ray player, so how can you say they don't back blu-ray?

20. broony

broony Banned

What? The controllers for all playstation have remaind the same simple use.