X:is it worth it

Discussion in 'MDMA - X' started by Requiem422, May 11, 2004.

1. Requiem422

Requiem422 Member

all my friends have done ecstacy cept me im not all for it.So tell me ur experiences on it and help me change my perspective so i can try it

2. Velouria

Velouria Member

I don't think it's really a great idea to try, but I've only done it once. This is just my opinion. When I did X (right b4 I did it) I was in an okay mood. I took it with this guy who likes me and we just chillied in his room. I felt happy, but it was a forced chemical happiness. I think X would be fun at a rave, but not just chilling with one other person. Also, I would reccomend using it to enhance an already good mood, not to try to improve an okay one.

3. fractalated

fractalated Member

the ecstacy honeymoon is a great time - those first few times when the feelings are good and the buzz is incredible. you will always remember the feeling when you first come up. mine was green! I was on the dancefloor at a club in london and the lights and sounds were amazing and as i came up the whole dancefloor was bathed in green light and this enourmous rush was coming from deep inside me to connect me with the universe and everyone in it.

this won't last. for a while doing 'x' as you guys call it will produce similar feelings but never that intense. you can go searching for it taking more and more and never get there. at this sort of time you stop using the drug, and being to misuse it. when it's no longer a fun experiment or something done for a laugh but to find and achieve a state that you would never have missed had you not known it was there is when you know that you're starting to get sucked down. it's not always easy to spot this yourself - god knows drug use is insidious but it's something to keep in mind.

Ecsacty can be a great and liberating experience, it opened my eyes and gave me a freedom i never knew i lacked, but then at the same time it was damaging in that i started to become dependent on feeling that way.

My advice is - try it. have a great time. but all good things in moderation! and of course take all the usual precautions - listen to your body, it can be hard when you're absolutely bonced but it's all the more important. and don't play psychological games with yourself ("fear is the mind killer") - they are a road to a shit time. nothing particularly dangerous just a really bum ride!

hope this wandering rant is of some use!

have fun! peace

4. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

You are in the situation I was before I tried X. Many friends of mine did it, it didn't really caught my atention, I mean I would see them tripping, and I was like.. it looks like nothing I would bother to try. But for my bday (in March) I went to a rave, I have been to them before and everyone would think I was Xing, so I said I don't need it, no need for any fake feeling of happiness, however I did try it, just for curiosity.

I took one pill, and just went to the dancefloor started dancing, nothing out of the ordinary.. but like half an hour later, I was at the door, waiting for a friend.. and waoooooo.. what a rush (I can still feel it now that I'm writing this) I could not stop talking, saying everything that was on my head, so impacient, with so much energy. Crack up a conversation with a stranger about carrer choices :s.. walked around a lot, jumped a little bit. I was really energetic, I felt this need to do something.

I went back to the dancefloor , kept on dancing, I felt totally in synch with everything, with the ppl, the music, the lights... everything felt different, it was incredible to experiment with the sound of touch, and moving, and kissing.. For me it was this feeling of freedom, total freedom from everything, is like you are freeing yourself.. your true self.

Ecstasy.. now I know the meaning of the word, I have never experimented extasy (the feeling) before and after that I have a total different view from the world. I feel that everything is right, everything is ok.. even the bad things.. is like everything has its place, and is ok. I'm like accepting life as it is.. and is not addictive at all. At the rave.. I wanted another, but didn't even bother to get it, it doesn't create any need of it. And now I can recreate that feeling anytime.. of course I'm up for it again.. at anytime.

Is it worth it... Definitely.. for me it has no negative effect.

5. Darius

Darius Member

Im not reading through any of the posts but from my experience it has changed my life for the better and i know that the drug is meant to put things into perspective and if you use it as a tool you wont find harm in it at all i think if you choose to use it to your advantage or just use it to enjoy a night its well worth the 10 to 15 bucks your spending on it.

And with the way it works youll only be enjoying a night or two a month with it. It has become one of my close friends but its a friend that knows and respects me. Just kinda said that because the addiction level is low and after a few days afterwards of being down about normal life youll start to build your person back up.

Neat drug but i prefer to trip...

6. RivertranceJamGirl

RivertranceJamGirl Member

stay up late one night and read all these submitted stories on this site called erowid.org, heres a link to copy and paste:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_MDMA_(Ecstasy).shtml

Then decide. These are all real experiences.

What you will find from all of this, is that the only way to enjoy E for a long long time in your life is to not do it more than an average of, lets say, 5 times a year.

And thats a lot.

If you do any more, it will be great, but ony for awhile. The magic will subside. Ive done probably about 16 pills total since July 2000 and thats why Ive had no real negative effect. SOme comedowns have been "janky" but it goes away in a few days.

Its best to be in a situation: ANY SITUATION it doesnt have to be a RAVE neccesarrily, but somewhere where there are at least a handfull of people doing it, too. I sugggest an event thats more than a night long. That way you can wake up in the environment you had the experience in and feel connected the next day. Sometimes sitting at home is wierd and tiring, but at a good vibe event you can ride the wave.

let me stress: make your experiences special. :)

7. Josh-e

Josh-e Member

Do Ecstasy but only do 1 or 2 and do them in moderation! Once every 2 to 3 months. Dont give in to peer pressure from your mates. If you do them every weekend and start doing lots they will just fry your brain and mess you up for good.

If you do them in the moderation I suggested you give your brain time to heal, Seratonin levels will replenish and you wont do it as much damage. Also you could pretty much always do them, if you do them every week for 6 months for example (like I did, then I had another honeymoon after that, doh!), they will stop working, and your brain will be cooked!

8. serra

serra tentacle girl

my first experience and situation.

i first did e when i was 16. this was also the first time i went to a "rave." i had wanted to go to a rave for years but being from a small town and still young it wasn't really possible. when i tried it for the first time, i had never even smoked weed or tried any other "drug."

what i felt was such an amazing feeling. that whole summer i did e i think two times. that combined with meeting all these wonderful people, finally meeting other peoplw who were "like me" (ravers!) it was such a wonderful feeling. it seemed to my old friends, to change who i was, but in reality it just made me more comfortable with myself. i had always felt out of place and like a big freak, but doing e made me feel more comfortable with my weirdness, and i embraced my inner phreak.

i think everyone should do e at least once. people say it's a chemical happiness, and that it's "not real." i think those feelings are real. using a substance like e is like a sacrament- the same levels of euphoria can be achieved through methods like meditation, fasting, ect. when a person is drunk they are more likely to do things they don't genuinely mean. while on e, you are still totally conscious of yourself and you are aware of your actions.

but i also believe that e VERY MUCH is something that can be, and often is, abused. i mean, who doesn't want to feel amazing and in love with the world? i wish i could feel like that all the time. doing e once every few months HELPS me stay happy and in love with the world, because it reminds me of what is possible. i know many people who abuse e and do it multiple times a week, in high doses, just to "get fucked up." it makes me angry because.... well.... GRRR! that kind of attitude is what keeps these substances illegal, and subsequently makes it all underground and produced in bathtubs, which makes it more dangerous to the user because purity, production or distribtion can't be controlled or regulated in any way.

sorry, rant rant. e is a wonderful thing but you have to respect it!

9. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

I can't tell you anything about it as I don't do any forms of chemical drugs however I know of some horror stories if you want them!!!!!!! They include people dying!!!!

Love & No E's
    EnonEmouse

10. Josh-e

Josh-e Member

STARFLY - I'm glad you had a good night last night but I believe you shouldn't need drugs to open up, you should find real ways to do it. I do cringe when I read storys of people using drugs to open up. I guess thats why I did it in the first place but then your taking the drug for the wrong reason, which I realised. I guess my attitude to drugs / Ecstasy is going to be a slightly cynical one, I've been there, taken lots of it but now I have given them up. I took the drug in a rave enviroment and just took them for the sheer rush they gave, I used to love dancing to the music on E, but realised I could do that without them. The music in the rave scene is what I truely like, not the drugs.

I also think Ecstasy isn't worth it you should never say it is, you can give all the advice out in the world to an individual but if he/she is a bit unstable with ones self they may spiral out of control and abbuse it, it's a bit risky, they may like to rush a bit too much.

You will also find people who give out the advice ""X" is worth it" are those who are still taking them, those who still have that recent memory of the euphoric high. I havn't touched E's for nearly a year now and my opinion of them has become more balanced, when I was on them I would be like "yeah this is the best thing ever" but now I know it was just the drugs talking, I am also feeling the long term effects, E isnt worth it, it's fun at the time though. Thats not to say I hate the drug, I dont, maybe just maybe one day I will do one again for old times sake but E is a very dangerous drug that will mess you up so be careful, you never know what you are getting and it's such an easy drug to abbuse. I still see people I know from when I was doing them still doing them every weekend themselves, they no longer do 1 or 2, or 4 or 5 a night, they do like 20 to 30 a night, it's messed up!!!

To the guy who was thinking of trying one in this thread - dont be put off by all the cautious advice given, if you decide to do one just be happy and go for it!! It will be the most fantastic feeling youve ever felt, but just remember not to abbuse it. E is fantastic for opening up your mind, you will love it for that, I still do!

ENONEMOUSE - your opinion is hardly valid is it because as you say you've ever done them, one thing that really annoys are anti drug groups who preach yet have never tried the drugs themselves? wtf? They dont know what the hell they are talking about, just like individuals who preach. People should be able to make their own decisions in life without people giving invalid advice such as people saying "dont do drugs" without having any experience of doing them themselves.

11. sag aloo

sag aloo Member

probably every1 should do e a few times - totally changed every1 I know for the better but up 2 u

12. Happy_Go_Crazy

Happy_Go_Crazy Member

If you're not all for it I don't suggest doing it. Never do any drug you don't feel comfortable doing :p

My experience with E was pleasent and i've only done E at raves. I've felt different effects on E though. It all depends what it's cut with. If you do end up doing it I suggest you get it from somebody you really trust!

13. serra

serra tentacle girl

people shouldn't take e EVERY TIME they want to open up. but, it can help people achieve states that they never knew possible, growing up in this crazy culture we call home.

we can't be blamed for this; we can't help how we were rasied. but e can give us an opportunity to see things from a different way.

i know that eventually i will stop taking e. it will take me as far is i need it to, and then i will be finished with it. i know that might sound strange, but it's true. i think it has helped me and i know it's helped others. we don't need to keep using it, because eventually it will help us all it can; but for now i'm still on my honeymoon.

14. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

If you aren't sure about doing it or not, then don't. You should always be sure of yourself whenever you are thinking about trying a new drug.
    I've done E just a few times, and I loved it. I wouldn't make a habit of it, but it is a nice way to treat myself every couple of weeks(or for special occasions such as my birthday which is NEXT FREAKING WEEK).
    E effects people in different ways. For myself, I get a euphoric feeling much like the euphoric feeling you get on mushrooms. You can FEEL the music, and the vibes you get from other people on the dance floor is so intense. But my friend Jaime gets very happy and friendly, and would rather meet new people and make friends then dance.
    I've never been to a busy city bar before, but compared to the bars I've been to I would much rather go to the after hours club. I always feel like a piece of meat at the bar, where as at the club people aren't just friendly as a tactic to try and get laid. They are just nice.
    Hell, the bouncers are even nice! One promised me a big bear hug for my birthday. w00t

15. deathschmelda

deathschmelda Member

i personally had a great time my first time. but it's completley up to you, dont look to us to convince you to try a drug you aren't personally excited about taking in the first place.

16. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

I would hardly say I don't know what I am talking about. I have seen first hand many effects of "E's". I am not anti drug and I would never claim to be. I smoke weed and hang out with a large number of people who do other harder drugs however from working in a prison as a teacher for 5 years then working in a highschool where one of the students died from taking one "E" (first time ever) I say I have some knowledge of the subject. "E's" are probably the most dangerous drug out there at the minute because of the bad reactions so many people are having to them, far more then any other drug I know of including heroin. My biggest concern over "E"'s as they are such a varied mixed up mess of chemicals and people are never sure what they are taking. I know people who have tested a number of different E's and the chemical make-up is very different from one to another. That means even if you didn't have a bad reaction to the first one you might very well have a reaction to the next or the one after that. It isn't safe which is what I am concerned over not the drug use. I don't feel you should need to endanger your life to have a good time. There are many ways to do that without it. Smoking weed is fairly safe as long as you know who you got it from and such, personally home grown is best. I know you will find something to complain about anyhow because I do not have the same opinion as you but DO NOT put me down for having my opinion or stating facts. I am all for fun and a good time but when it starts costing lives that is a different story when there are so many ways to have that fun without that risk.

Love & Still No "E's"
    EnonEmouse

17. mebesideme

mebesideme Member

Well I used to be like you. My very good friend died from a bad reaction to x and I was very afraid of it for a while. The other night, I was feeling particularly careless about life, and wanted to try it, just out of the blue. I know how to get my hands on lots of it, I used to sell it to make my car insurance. Anyway, I typed a lot while up, on these forums. Link:

http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30202

That is how I felt while I was on it. I have read many reports of a crash after coming down, but I can almost reproduce the feeling of happiness without the drug, and I still feel happy about everything, even my ex. I was VERY depressed before taking the drug, which prolly wasn't a good idea, but it turned my life around. I honestly believe I came out 180 degres changed from my experience. Quite therapeutic. I plan on trying it again at new years, but I won't be doing it much for sure.

18. fairfield

fairfield Member

In small doses E doesnt kill. Dehydration does. Always remember to SIP at least a pint of water every hour. Youv got more chance of dying from a strike of lightning that from E.

19. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

This is not correct. Look at emergency room statistics, and you will see that MDMA emergeny room visits has increased at about the same rate that its use has increased. It is far more than lightning strikes, which is almost nonexistent, and has stayed at a very stable level. I agree that chances are on the users side, far more users don't have serious immediate reactions than do. However, MDMA is neurotoxic. This is a scientific fact. The degree of neurotoxicity is still in question. Long term effects of the drug are unknown.

As most previous posters have stated, moderation is the key, if you are going to use this drug.

20. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

let me start off saying i didnt take x for the first time to open up. i dropped acid regularly in highschool, so of course i was gonna try x. getting all this bullshit off my chest was an added benefit of my first roll... it was insane all the things i rememberd from way back in the day that night. I have done some research in the drug therapy field and it seems thereapy with x has good resuts if you use it the right ways and not for the wrong reasons......................