Wwii

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by TrippinBTM, May 30, 2005.

1. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Why did America start fighting in Europe? I understand why we fought the Japanese, obviously, but I know we were neutral for the first part of the war. What made us change that policy and start fighting the Nazis? Politically, what difference would it make to us who controls Europe? Morally, that's another issue and also obvious...but was that the actual reason for us to enter the war?

2. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Mussolini and Hitler declared War on the US shortly after Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. In response Roosevelt declared war on Germany and Itlay.

3. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Ah, very good. Did not know that. Why did they declare war on us? I seem to recall they were allied with Japan, is that why?

Also, Japan attacked pearl harbor because they thought they'd be able to completely disable our pacific navy, right? I can't think of any reason they would want to attack us, aside from that.

4. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0601pearlharbor.htm

http://www.threeworldwars.com/world-war-2/ww2.htm

http://www.rightwingnews.com/speeches/lindy.php

I think we all could be thinking about the whys and hows a very long time..well noy me persoanly but it seems endless.

5. adelic86

adelic86 ~Music!~

why does it matter anyway, im not for war and all that but i don't know why america didn't help us to begin with, even in the battle of britain loads of countries helped us out for the freedom of the country, but america supplied us with just 2 pilots, and firstly didn't america attack japan in the first place for oil??
    plz don't take this the wrong way im not being aggressive or anything and every country has bad judgement right at times, just expressing opinion

6. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I think America supplied us with planes boats and countless other supplies before they 'joined in' properly.. plus 2 pilots ?? i always thought hundreds of the buggers requested to do a tour of duty in the RAF.. It is strange now living through a so called war..because we all have access to each other and we look over past history to try and inform us on the current situations.. i agree every country has bad judgement placed upon it.. and i am sure if we had the same level of interaction e.g the internet.. we would be discussing how power mad Uk and USA and other nations our willing cohorts were fighting some illegal war for oil.

7. adelic86

adelic86 ~Music!~

it doesn't really bother me now, as its over and done with, but yeah i read about the 2 pilots thing, and its even on the end of the film 'battle of britain' -the credits section

8. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

9. greasytuesday

greasytuesday Member

America entered the war to become a world super power; until the world wars, europe had always been the home of the world's power. So when the entire continent had two years of devestating war, America allowed itself to be attacked so it could enter the war, losing less men than all the main countries involved but gaining popular support throughout the world and more importantly, power throughout europe.