Wu Tang 20 year bicycle

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by machinist, Sep 16, 2013.

1. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

i dont like most hip hop, but i like wu tang clan. i don't know what music you like, but i probably like a lot of the music you like too. matter of fact i've probably seen some of them in concert. wu tang is not most hip hop.. its some of the only real and good stuff compared to the huge volume of other crap. i know im not going to convince you and thats fine because thats not what this thread is about so just stfu. you really didn't need to post in this thread.

2. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

But do they ride them with no pedals? :)

3. machinist

so is a hipster not a real hipster if they listen to wu tang clan? what about black hipsters? does it pass your judgement if a black hipster wants to buy a wu tang bicycle?

4. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

:p
    yeah, different bike though...

[​IMG]

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I don't know if this is bad parenting, but I started playing this while my son was eating his breakfast and I look up and he's bouncing up and down in his high chair with the biggest smile on his face. Even he knows wu tang clan ain't nothin to fuck with.

6. deviate

deviate Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9BOUUxdEps"]Ol' Dirty Bastard - Brooklyn Zoo (HD) UNCENSORED - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsZktZpgMgQ"]Wu Tang Clan- Dog Shit - YouTube

7. deviate

deviate Senior Member

My hipster friends taught me this. You lean forward over the bars and kick back hard to lock up the wheel. Nobody around here has brakes on their fixed gear either but then again there are no hills.

8. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

Hip-hop is associated with the South Bronx subculture whose primary contribution to music was to advance the approach taken by reggae producers, to take the 'riddim' or instrumental component to a reggae strong and stretch it out adding effects such as echo reverb and phasing, then have 'mc's' rap over it. This evolved into soundclashes where battle rapping evolved. Hip-hop artists took it to the next level by stripping down disco, funk, soul, jazz &c singles and looping very brief samples of breaks or interludes and then mixing them by two turntables to the mechanical beats of basic drum machines and digital synthesizers, what at first came to be known as electro-funk, influenced largely by Kraftwerk and Giorgio Moroder. Techno and Hip-hop would split from there, and Hip-hop carried across the subways into other neighborhoods across the Island by way of graffiti. Break dancing and retro-futurist 'roots' philosophy came naturally. These things in turn reflected back on their inspirations and influenced much New Wave and Krautrock; Moebius und Plank's Rastakraut Pasta being possibly the best example of this (and remains a timeless masterpiece, in my opinion).

What is to be scorned as distasteful and even disgusting is what went we now know as rap, which is grossly disconnected from it's roots, carrying on a legacy of only the 'block party' aspect while degrading and spitting in the face of all who worked to make the position the present artists (if you care to call them that) now hold possible. They are using their non-talent to rake in money by perpetuating self-destructive ideologies and, according to many of the pioneers of the style, should be held accountable for their reprehensible behavior. Unfortunately, most people do not have a solid sense of music history and are following protocol by buying into the self centered focus that the entertainment industry has sculpted for them.

9. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

10. machinist

the game of chess is like a sword fight... you must think before you move!

11. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Doesn't everybody think "bicycle" when they hear the name "Wu Tang"?

12. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

:2thumbsup:

old school:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw4H2FZjfpo

13. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

State Bicycle tried desperately to link Wu Tang with bicycles. The following statement is the best that it could muster. Notice also that they misspelled 'this' as 'his'.

http://www.statebicycle.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=wutangbike

"State Bicycle Co.’s influence on Arizona’s urban cycling culture has been incalculable. The majority of fixed-gear riders on Arizona State University campus can be seen riding a State bicycle around the city of Tempe. When it comes to mobilizing street culture Wu-Tang sets the standard for success and his is how State Bicycle Co. pays tribute to the legends."

14. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I see no fault in this.