wtf? 19 Shot in NOLO @ Mother's Day Parade..

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by AmericanTerrorist, May 12, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

First I've heard about it... just heard...-exactly what I wrote and "coming up next on news at 11"

Wow...

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I believe it was said they hold these parades every Sunday.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/12/us/louisiana-shooting/index.html

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

4. Aerianne

SMH

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/05/mothers_day_second-line_shooti.html#incart_most-comments

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, at least it looks like they were terrible shots..

6. Aerianne

Yes, like they really only wanted to frighten people as opposed to wanting to kill people...

7. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

And why pick a freaking mother's day parade? Who doesn't love mothers?? Hmm..maybe that's what they should look for...ppl. who have reason to really, really hate their mother.

And, yes, so much hate everywhere. It's kinda like..hmm, where is it safe to take my child out to now? (didn't think like this before i had a kid).

9. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Hell it couldn't be for attention! Being a deranged gunman nowadays is starting to become passé.

10. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Sounds like it was some gangbangers who did the shooting, which means the guns were most likely illegally owned.

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

12. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

That's not a good section of town, about 12 blocks from anywhere a tourist or visiting music fan should be.

In spite of all its many faults, the NOPD continues to do a reasonably good job of keeping violence away from out of town visitors. They don't have the money or staff to do that all over town. They know that if gunplay ever becomes common on Bourbon Street, Decatur, Royal, or Chartres, or the lower (river) end of Canal or Frenchman, they can kiss their tourist economy goodbye. And that's about all they've got left to keep money coming in.

It isn't uncommon to run across a second line parade anywhere in New Orleans, any time of year, but this particular one is a Mother's Day tradition. One time I ran across two second line parades on the same afternoon, both for weddings.

13. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Gun owners don't have more rights.... You just choose not to own a gun

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So... If she chose to have a gun she would have more rights.

15. Portalguy

Portalguy Member

I think gun control is of course a major issue. However, another huge issue in New Orleans is corruption. An earlier poster mentioned the city doesn't have the money to pay for more police, programs etc. That's hogwash. New Orleans is one of the major tourist destinations in the world. The money isn't getting to where it should be because people are lining their pockets with it.

New Orleans is also a prime example of the huge disparity between the wealthy and poor. Parts of New Orleans look like a third world country. Other parts look like the most opulent areas. Every now and again the crime spills out and people get shot. Then everyone cares suddenly.

16. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

...which supports lots of low-paying jobs like waitress, bartender, taxi driver, hotel maid, etc. A few fortunate business owners are making big bucks, but little of it trickles down, and major hotel chain profits go to their stockholders. Most of the wealthier local business owners live inside the city limits of Metairie and Kenner; bedroom communities on the west side. The ornate, pricey townhouses you see along Royal Street (French Quarter) are mostly weekend getaways for the super-rich, who live in other states.

New Orleans had money back when there was a lot more going on with the oil industry. Most of that action has moved to Houston. There's a lot of empty space for rent in the office towers of downtown New Orleans. Also, growing port facilities have expanded up the river several miles, and those newer locations don't pay any business taxes to Orleans Parish.

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Pretty much.

18. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Its all part of the agenda my friend.... TO DISARM THE PUBLIC AND BRING IN THE NWO!!

19. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

Off the topic of gun control, I bet this was a part of a gang initiation.

20. ricerocket420

ricerocket420 Member

I have to agree with this. There will continue to be "random" acts of violence until THE MAN finally succeeds in convincing the public to vote its rights away right into a police state. I've heard the argument that if they wanted to take control it wouldn't matter if the citizens were armed because they have tanks and jet planes and there's nothing we could do anyway. But that is to brash and they would never get away with that so they are engineering a way for the public to willingly surrender out of fear. Pretty clever the bastards