Writing out your dreams

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Jcinalco, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Jcinalco

Jcinalco Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Does anyone else record their dreams?

I often do it. I have to keep my iPhone on the bed so I can grab it right away as soon as I wake up so I can immediately start writing it out. Otherwise it escapes my memory right away.

I have over 100 written out now and hope I can write out stories from some of them. Unfortunately I get so busy with my schedule I rarely have time to sit down and write long stories.

I mentioned this to a couple people and they thought I was nuts. There must be others out there that do this???

2. It is very rare that I recall a dream when I wake up. So no, I do not record them. But your question raised a curiosity, do you see a pattern in the topic of your dreams?

Jcinalco likes this.
  3. Jcinalco

Yes I see a pattern. They are in three categories.

1. Reconciliation and a good positive relationship with former friends who I no longer have any contact with due to religion. I left the church and no longer go but there are a handful of people I still think about. I wish I could have friendships again with many of then but I don’t want any religious conflicts anymore so I still avoid them. Religion is so F’d up.

2. Adventure dreams doing things that aren’t possible in real life. For example,
    speed racing with friends at extremely high speeds down city roads on a skateboard.

3. Non-sexual dreams about women that involved positive supportive interactions with them. I’ve only had negative interactions with women all my life, including my mother who was very abusive. I often dream of having a relationship with a woman that’s positive. In real life they’re always negative so I now just avoid them unless it’s for work. I realize that’s all about me and my messed up head and perhaps I should get counseling for that situation.

KsSailor likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I have Steven King write out my dreams for me...

Jcinalco likes this.
  5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

nothing he ever wrote resembles mine. ted sturgeon came close a couple of times, and kieth laumer, and several others, but my dream worlds are more strangeness without drama, and just about never drama without strangeness, which is why almost never does anything published or produced come ever very near close.

if i could download my dreams directly to photorealistic cg3d, they would mostly resemble my own world building attempts they inspire. (i think a lot of people would probably call these the kind of travelogs they would not be very interested in or entertained by. still wish i could though)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    Jcinalco likes this.
  6. potzybabe

potzybabe Member

Dreams are so weird.
    One night I'll be lost and walking naked around a school to find my classes.
    Or, pulling out my teeth in the bathroom mirror and pulling endless string from my throat while not being able to breathe.
    Sometimes doing the double jump stunts in the air like something from Halo and slowly drifting back to the ground (this one is fun).
    Other times I get hurt by someone, hide or watch myself die in an out of body experience.
    Frequent visits by my fiance who passed away, some good, some bad others just don't even want to remember.
    I remember most all my dreams, I keep a dream journal. I swear some nights I don't even think I get any sleep at all... to busy REM adventuring in some marsh or bog.

Jcinalco likes this.
  7. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I'm a bit more Olde Skool, and have for a number of years had/have a pen and pad by my bedside.
    I've conditioned myself to having about a five second period to scrawl down the immeadiate though fading night vision/s as the abate from the conscious state.
    It started when I was quite young (pre-teen) though a duality of curiousity of reasoned explanation - akin to ..
    I try and reason out why,: -
    1. A wild west, Medieval or Sci-fi setting = probably because I've watched something on the TV
    2. A memory of my past = possibly becuase I've heard a song on the radio that stimulates personal recollection
    3. A frightening situation that I find myself in = perhaps down to something I have on my mind that is causing me concern
    However,
    Still there are others - of which I am intriged about.
    These ones, I feel are: -
    Without any considered logical connection (as above) - are 'messages'- within the untapped subconsiouness of the mind akin to percepted ability of a six sense that is relating warnings of either what is, - or what may to be (an alertness of awareness one have)

Jcinalco likes this.
  8. Jcinalco

Thanks for sharing everyone. I appreciate everyone’s inputs.

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  9. Jcinalco

I do like pen/pad also. For me writing out on my phone is faster. Afterwards I’ll often transfer what I wrote to paper.

——-

Speaking of warnings: I just had a dream that I think was warning me NOT to get a motorcycle. I had been thinking of learning how to drive one and then later purchase a motorcycle.

In the dream I finally did it but the first day I had it I accidentally drove it off a bridge and drowned. I clearly remember looking up to the surface of the water as I struggled to get my thick jacket and backpack off but couldn’t. All went black as I drowned.

Suddenly I was alive again and in a room walking to a couch to lay down and relax. I was think, no more motorcycles!

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  10. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

= Perhaps a wise choice - I believe the nights visions do mean something - Stay safe

Jcinalco likes this.