Wrap skirts

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Hipkatmeow, May 26, 2004.

1. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

Hi My name is Kat... I have a question for all of you... How the hell do you tie a wrap skirt I have this beautiful wrap skirt that was bought for me in spain but whenever I wear it it falls off... :eek: So could anyone give me suggetions on how to keep my skirt on? Thanks much!

2. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Thats the idea. Show the legs!

3. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

Well yeah I want to show off my legs...... but I keep tying it so it falls off completly... At least it falls off before I make it out the door... But if anyone knows how to tie it so it stays up I would love to know how!

4. GentleHeartLamb

GentleHeartLamb Member

can you post a pic of it please because to sure what you mean because I am think of the one i have and there is no way it will fall off unless i dont tie it tight

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

It's hard to master a knot... I have to keep readjusting my skirt if I move around a lot in it...

6. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

Ok I'll try to explain this best I can...it would be obviously easier to show you in person but here goes...

wrap it around you to get a feel for where the ends will be. Take the top part of the skirt and pull a little bit of it through your fist, do the same thing with the other side and tie the two ends together...you might have to do it a couple times to get the feel for it. Good luck.

7. peony blossom

peony blossom Member

do you mean a sarong? A sarong is just a simple square piece of fabric. A wrap skirt has strings and is pieces of fabric sewn together, fitted at the waist and a-line.

If you want to know how to tie a sarong ,just google it and a bunch of sites can tell you many different ways to tie them.

A wrap skirt has a hole in one of the seams at the waist to put the string from the other side into.

8. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

It is a sarong! Thanks... I did google it and now I can keep my skirt on! You rock! THanks much

9. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I used to wear them all the time... if I didn't tie it, I would just safety pin it on...one on the outside and one in the back on the inside so I doesn't fall down in the back. It was a little less revealing and more acceptable in public, and I didn't have to worry about it falling. :)

10. Bohemian_Child

Bohemian_Child Member

not sure what you found on google, but the best way ive found to tie my sarongs is to line the middle of it up with the middle of youre back/butt. cross the sides around the front and tie it together in the back again. its snug and it looks good this way.

if you dont mind showing leg you can just tie it on the side and probably pin it together below the knot.. i coulnt show that much leg. haha