wrap pants?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by nimh, Jun 6, 2004.

1. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

what do you think about wrap pants? i think they look like they'd be really comfy.

2. plainjanepatchwork

plainjanepatchwork Member

They are. I have a couple of pairs that I really like. Be careful when you sit down ;) I was throwing at the pottery wheel one day with my wrap pants on. I looked down and I had leg showing up to my undies.

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

They look funky, I think! (Although I've never worn any)

4. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

Their beautiful!;)

5. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

those look really comfortable and did i mention they were also very pretty?

6. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

I love them! I have a pair, and they are so comfy, especially when it's hot, but you don't like wearing short or so

7. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Give them to me now!

8. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i'm on a sewing kick right now

i found instructions on how to make them. so i'll see how it goes. i have a couple of other projects i'm working on first though.

oh ya, these are the instructions i found in case anyone else is feeling a textile creation urge. :)

9. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

AH! I got a pair 2 weeks ago, they are the GREATEST!! They're sooo comfy and look totally rockin:DI love them I want twenty pairs lol

10. Bohemian_Child

Bohemian_Child Member

maybe im just a little slow, but.. i LOVE wrap pants but seem to always have trouble putting them on... not sure whats wrong with me! i love em, though. i'll probably end up getting a pair anyway

11. FreeSpiritedMelody

FreeSpiritedMelody changes poopy diapers

they are awesome. they kind of remind me of a cloth diaper... not in a bad way though. I really like them a lot!

ok i spend a lot of time changing diapers.

12. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

rofl!

but there's no velcro or snaps or snappie! and no layers of pul or hemp or fleece. i can see the dipe shape at the front where the ties are though. LOL!

i used to spend a lot of time changing dipes too. :p (all custom designed and made by moi!). now the little one is pretty much out of them.

13. FreeSpiritedMelody

FreeSpiritedMelody changes poopy diapers

what did you make your diapers out of? i really want to use cloth diapers but the ones that i have arent really that great, i need something that will soak up the pee better, haha

14. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

mostly fitted pocket dipes, with microfleece inners and flannel outers. stuffers either made out of old towels (yup! worked very well and still pretty trim) or i used fat quarters of flannel to stuff when i wanted something extra trim. and then wool butt sweaters as covers. at nihgt we just doubled up on stuffers and never had problems with leaks. we were too broke to order in designer fabrics like malden mills fleece, so we just ended up using both recycled fabrics and discount bin fabrics.

15. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I think they r beautiful.................in a week i am going to mexico...i plan to pic up a pair down there...

16. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

17. ArtistofPeace

ArtistofPeace Senior Member

Hahaha...oh man, you remind me of myself. I got a pair of really nice black wrap pants a couple of months ago. In the store, I picked them up, but I had no idea how to do them. So the woman selling them had to show me on herself how to do it. Then she gave them to me so I could go into the changing room and try it. I went...and stayed in there for about 10 minutes going "I...don't...UNDERSTAND!!!" hahaha. I had the saleslady and my mom outside going "What's taking so long? You ok in there?" Finally I gave up and came outside. The lady had to show me AGAIN. She finally took me, and told me to try putting them on out in the store over my jeans...and I finally did it. I was cracking up so much. The owners of this small little hippie store probably thought I was the slowest thing...or that I was completely high (but I wasn't!)...haha.

18. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

Luchi makes the best wraps...she's amazing :D
    she was gonna make me some :p i think they look really cool

19. Loki84

Loki84 Member

Comfortable & cute!

20. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

Thanks for the help ((((((nimh)))))))) saved it all and putting it on my "round toit" list. Haven't really sewn other than by hand in ages. Even have a new machine thats been sitting for a year and a half. badbad