wow what a shocker steamboat springs it is..

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by hippiehillbilly, Jun 12, 2006.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Steamboat proper from Denver is about 4 and a half, five hours working on bad roads.
    Spinners up at Strawberry Springs reported snow sifts last weekend.
    No Greyhound to Steamboat, last I checked.
    Plusses: that part of river drainage drainage system has snow melt, although it's almost gone; Rabbit Ears pass has amzing views, as does St Mary's Glacier (on the way from Denver)
    another plus: it's REALLLLLLLLLLY dry near Fairplay.(the original rumour)
    However, the entire moutain area is under high fire danger. PLEASE be careful as you travel, even the hot undercarriage of a car can spark a fire.

2. free2fly

free2fly Members

thats a good question...
    im kinda curious/I was thinking about doing something like that too ...

Oh ... and is Denver the closest airport?

3. kayte

kayte Member

hey bumble - i'm in the exact same predicament - we're flying in from nyc on the 30th of june... have no idea how we're getting from denver to steamboat, however, i imagine things'll falll into place. can you let me know if you find any travel info out? you can do that private message thing. thanks!

4. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

You all can always hitch hike.

5. willow_11

willow_11 Member

From the Steamboat Springs Chamber of Commerce site, 2005:

Yampa Valley Regional Airport located 22 miles west of Steamboat Springs is open year round and accommodates jet service. For summer 2005 Continental Airlines provides daily jet service from Houston, serving nearly 100 cities nationwide. United Airlines provides four operations daily from Denver International Airport.

Somebody should contact Greyhound about offering charters to Steamboat, letting them know hundreds of paying customers would use the service from now til the 10th of July or so. Bonus: they're a lil more beautiful than usual!

6. free2fly

free2fly Members

Thats true, Ive thought about that, but truthfully, Im just not comfortable doing that alone..

7. willow_11

willow_11 Member

http: //www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/sites/co2006/photos/

Sorry to make you c&p. Mozilla and Hippie are having a ~discussion~.

Did the noon meditation to ~remove obstacles~ so the tribes can come home. Anyone wanting to put some energy into that, the meditation is every day at noon in your time zone.

Others are homesick as they know they can't go. They could use comfort energy. All need Safe Travel blessings. That's every noon, in your time zone.

Every Thing Is Magical From Here On Out. Every Thing Has Meaning.

So slow down your dream and recognize. Be Kind To YoursELF!

8. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

ya'll should just quit being rude and quit griping if you hate it so much don't go and give other people the chance to experience something they haven't before

9. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

OOH!! OOH!! Pick Me!! Here's a hypothetical situation based on the past behavior of the WelcomeHere folks. Let's say that there's a site, not the Steamboat Springs site, for which an Application for Non-Commercial Group Use Permit has been filed. WelcomeHere gets down wind of this, and tries to get folks to go to the "real" (read "in violation of 36 CFR 251-261") site, for which no ANCGUP has been filed, so as to get so many folks on the "real" site, that USFS won't be able to write enough citations to all of them, and "we" will be able to "get away with" a Gathering that is in violation of 36 CFR 251-261.

WelcomeHere tried this at the Florida Winter Gathering a couple/three years ago. They published dirrections to some "real" site where no one was camped, (I suppose) thinking that some kind of Alternative We Don't Need No Stinking Permit gathering would happen there. What in fact did happen was that folks would come to the site advertised on WelcomeHere, out of gas and broke, and leave to the site where there were, in fact, hippies camped, soon as they could panhandle up gas money.

10. Asparagus

Asparagus Member

As to those of you looking for a way out of Denver, Im sure there will be plenty of us on their way home who will pick you up. If I see you, I will!!! Try to get on the right road headed to the gathering and good luck.

11. free2fly

free2fly Members

Anyone going to be in the Colorado Springs area, on the night of June 26th, or 27th?? anyone passing nearby, by any chance? .......